Example Movie Rating dapp - write to blockchain not working

haggishaggis Member Posts: 2
I've deployed the Movie Rating dapp from the wiki to my private network.

Now I can open Mist and browse to my localhost to access the frontend. On the upper right corner in Mist I activated 1 account. While it works to query for "Titanic" and getting a result, it has no effect when I enter another rating and click save. There's no (obvious) error neither at JS console nor geth nor mist console.

Have you experienced the same? And what could be wrong?

Comments

• haggishaggis Member Posts: 2
    To give some additional information:
    • There are two accounts in Mist. One was used to deploy the contract.
    • Save neither works with 2 active accounts nor the contract account nor the other one.
    • When querying for a move, I can see output in geth console which shows me the gas cost of that query
    • When pressing the save button everything is silent like the button was never pressed (no JS console output, no geth or Mist console output)
    The example is quite fast copied and deployed for testing btw ;)

This is how I start geth:
    ./geth --identity "DevNode" --genesis custom_genesis.json --rpc --rpcport "xxxx" --rpccorsdomain "*" --datadir "data/" --port "xxxx" --nodiscover --ipcapi "admin,db,eth,debug,miner,net,shh,txpool,personal,web3" --rpcapi "db,eth,net,web3" --autodag --networkid 987298797 --nat "any" --dev --ipcpath "~/.ethereum/geth.ipc" --mine --minerthreads=1 console

And Mist:
    ./Ethereum-Wallet --networkid 987298797 --identity "DevNode" --mode mist
  • ethereumfanaticethereumfanatic Member Posts: 27
    This helped me out, thanks!
  • tehildertehilder Member Posts: 3
    Did anyone resolve this issue? I am getting exactly the same trouble deploying from Mix to a private chain running under AlethZero. I installed those from here: https://github.com/ethereum/webthree-umbrella/releases/tag/v1.2.9 as linked to from here: https://ethereum.org using the DownLoad Mix button.
  • tehildertehilder Member Posts: 3
    Today, running the Dapp from Mist 0.8.1 and trying to Save a Move Rating causes Mist to throw up a dialog to Execute contract and demand a password, but whatever I enter, it says "METHOD_NOT_FOUND: The method being requested is not available on this server". Any idea why?