How to get the Greeter example working?

Here is how I am starting it up
eth --private 9195333 --genesis-json ~/test/genesis.json --db-path ~/.ethereum_experiment -i

And web3.fromWei(web3.eth.getBalance(web3.eth.accounts[0]), "ether") returns 6290

When trying to deploy the greeter example in the testnet, I always get "waiting to be mined". I am aware of the fact that this has been asked before and that
being the only miner I should be mining constantly and also that the difficulty in genesis block should be low. But, nothing seems to work. I tried mining all the time with the primary account being the benefactor and also used this http://jev.io/genesis_block.json as the genesis file(changed difficulty to 0x0000000 and increased gas limit) but in vain. Any help will be appreciated.

PS: A total newb here. Please point out any mistake I made. Thank you.

Answers

• iostreameriostreamer Member Posts: 4
    Well, this seems like an eth problem because it worked flawlessly in geth.
  • VettaBrownVettaBrown Member Posts: 2
    I am returning back to school after quite some years. I am ready to change my profession. I am married with children and two grandchildren. I love helping people is why I decided to become a Human Service Major. I have been in public service , as a bus operator for over 20 years. This time I can see the end of the tunnel. I have prayed for God to open up the door so I can go back to school because I was tired of going around is circles. Do not get me wrong I was very happy with the job and money but just need a change.
  • Vivi127Vivi127 Member Posts: 27

I am returning back to school after quite some years. I am ready to change my profession. I am married with children and two grandchildren. I love helping people is why I decided to become a Human Service Major. I have been in public service , as a bus operator for over 20 years. This time I can see the end of the tunnel. I have prayed for God to open up the door so I can go back to school because I was tired of going around is circles. Do not get me wrong I was very happy with the job and money but just need a change.

Good for you... While praying your God, please ask him to raise the ETH price