"INTO GENESIS" - Oil painting Auction

13»

Comments

• realroverrealrover Member Posts: 31
    Even according to post time, I won.

Winner is fdylstyx! :D

Congratulations!

I'm sorry, but my bid was the last one at 11:59 CET.
  • TheIronmanTheIronman FinlandMember Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I just clicked "sold" based on the links time on my screen.
    Hmmm... Are you deleting my posts?
    Oh, sorry, they are not deleted. So how come that fdylstyx won?
    I was watching that page you've provided and sent my bid of 65 10 sec before the time. This post is marked as 11:59 here. So looks like you pressed SOLD earlier.
    It's marked as 6:59pm (EST).
    I pretty much refreshed the clock quite often and send the message when i saw 00:00:00 on my screen. I can not make it more fairer than that.

Thanks again!

I pretty much refreshed the clock quite often and send the message when i saw 00:00:00 on my screen. I can not make it more fairer than that.

Thanks again!

Do you see the time when my post was posted? Why don't you admit that I was the last bidder before auction time end?
    BTW, this clock doesn't need to be refreshed. It was ticking in real time without page refreshing.
  • fdylstyxfdylstyx Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 18
    realrover said:

I have posted my bid 5 sec before the time according to the clock on the link you provided.

Oh wow man @ realrover ...not sure how this is going to pan out but I'm sure the right time is the end of Aug 22, 2015

As I tried to give a heads up, seems to be not too much interest in this thread as you nor TheIronman chose to respond...or were unaware of the discrepancy.

I really don't wish to create controversy but I do believe I'm the rightful winner of this auction.

Perhaps there could be a vote on the chain?

May the rightful winner be awarded.

Regards,

fdyl
    fdylstyx said:

realrover said:

I have posted my bid 5 sec before the time according to the clock on the link you provided.

Oh wow man @ realrover ...not sure how this is going to pan out but I'm sure the right time is the end of Aug 22, 2015

As I tried to give a heads up, seems to be not too much interest in this thread as you nor TheIronman chose to respond...or were unaware of the discrepancy.

I really don't wish to create controversy but I do believe I'm the rightful winner of this auction.

Perhaps there could be a vote on the chain?

May the rightful winner be awarded.

Regards,

fdyl
    Guys, do you see time of my post? Just tell me what time is it?
    This is almost like a blockchain - timestamp is 1 min before the end of auction :).
    I am really sorry realrover, but I do love the idea that you liked my painting :)
    And actually this is one of the examples why we need Ethereum to handle contracts.
    edited August 2015
    I'm sorry, TheIronman, but you have pressed that button too early. Here is the proof of my last bid before the time. I'm politely asking you to admit it and claim me as a winner. And, yes, I like your painting very much and would like to have it. I have a thought to give it as a present to Vitalik because he is the son of people who are friends of my friend. I have a chance to meet him in Toronto in person sometimes. So it's important to me.

Forum time stamp is probably made when you press "reply" and start writing, so it is irrelevant.
    edited August 2015
    Don't you see the sequence of posts? You have posted your claim at 6:59, I've posted my bid at 6:59 too. It happened before the auction end time. Why can't you admit that? We are all humans and make mistakes. It's normal. But it was a mistake and it should be corrected.
    realrover said:

Don't you see the sequence of posts? You have posted your claim at 6:59, I've posted my bid at 6:59 too. It happened before the auction end time. Why can't you admit that? We are all humans and make mistakes. It's normal. But it was a mistake and it should be corrected.

I did press the send button exactly on 00:00:00 to keep this fair for everyone.

I think I'll leave it here for now but, @ realrover, if you go over my posts in this thread I trust you will concede to the fact that regardless when TheIronman announced the winner I had posted the 60 ETH bid at the last minute of August 22, 2015...I assume :/ at the location where the painting Into Genesis was auctioned from.

I stand by my words void of any feelings of acrimony.

~may all hatred cease and let there be peace~

fdyl
    OK, I'm tired of this discussion. You can tell whatever you want but the screenshot doesn't lie. I also was watching that page with the clock and saw your claim at 11:59:30 and even sent you a post that "30 sec to go". You don't want to admit your mistake - fine.

I, realrover, claim that fdyl is NOT a rightful winner of this auction. I am the winner by the rules. TheIronman is NOT a fair auctioneer. He did mistake but refused to correct it. The first Ethereum-themed painting selling could be a remarkable event, but it became a fraud. So pity. Good luck to you, guys, with your karma...
    fdylstyx said:

I think I'll leave it here for now but, @ realrover, if you go over my posts in this thread I trust you will concede to the fact that regardless when TheIronman announced the winner I had posted the 60 ETH bid at the last minute of August 22, 2015...I assume :/ at the location where the painting Into Genesis was auctioned from.

I stand by my words void of any feelings of acrimony.

~may all hatred cease and let there be peace~

fdyl

Sorry, man, but the auctioneer has claimed couple of times that the time is CET, not CETS. So my bid of 65 was made by that time. According the rules, I won. I don't blame you much for this messy outcome, but I'd admit my lost being in your place. That would be fair. Go through the posts again and make your honest decision.
    edited August 2015
    @realrover

I understand your frustration. It's quite understandable to most. I've suggested this issue go to the people for a vote and I'll honour that.

For the moment I have been declared as the winner of the auction and regardless the eventual destination of Into Genesis I don't want to have this thread end on a sour note. I'm just not that kind of guy.

So with that in mind please allow me my expression of joy over winning the auction. Fleeting as it may prove to be. Let us not drag this through the mud of conflict shall we?

There's a line in a song... "and it's hard to find, any strength to draw the line" ...and this is where I will draw the line on this issue...until it's moved by forces beyond my control.

~may all hatred cease and let there be...dance~

fdyl

p.s. Yay!

p.p.s EDIT: I thought it was just going to be a simple link to the video...no insult intended.
    Painting received...more details to come. All is well. :)
  • EthereumMuseumEthereumMuseum Member Posts: 3
    Is this still available?

Is this still available?

Sorry, but no. It is in the possession of @fdylstyx