Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) modded BIOS 29+MH + downvolt

Comments

• 1234xm1234xm Member Posts: 21
    i finnaly find time to put this vbios on my rig. for ethereum, works great, 29,3 avg.
    but here are some question:

1. when i downlolt from defoult in that bios, i try -25,-50,-75,-100 it is not so stable.
    2. when i try dual mining with no changing to voltage, one gpu always show 0 (once i try it was gpu 3, second time gpu2) and after few minutes, claymore stop working and reset. what can be the reason?

thx for help
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    1. Downvolting is question of luck also. It depends on GPU, PSU load, PSU quality, risers, cooling conditions.
    2. Dual mining was not tested, I'm not using it. Try to lower memclk a bit.
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    When I tried the ROM, my card dropped to 12-15 Mh/s and turned off the fan. I was able to turn the fan back on with TriXXX. However, if I try to tweak my memory speed at all with the ROM, mine just crashes almost immediately. Maybe I have bad luck with my RAM. I went back to stock for now, until I can figure something else out.
    Maybe I have bad luck with my RAM.

Definitely. Lower memclk.
  • SunyataSunyata Member Posts: 35
    @Jukebox Have you looked into any memory errors on your cards with HWinfo?
    Sunyata said:

@Jukebox Have you looked into any memory errors on your cards with HWinfo?

Sure. Most of my cards run w/o errors at all. One just makes 100-200 errors/sec, but it not affects to stability and hashrate.

But again - this is question of luck.
  • LenneLenne Member Posts: 20
    hey juke this is what im getting atm.
    is everything correct? have not downvoted using the strixx yet. all came from the bios
    gpu.png 475.4K
    Lenne said:

hey juke this is what im getting atm.
    is everything correct? have not downvoted using the strixx yet. all came from the bios

Yes.

• RaymanRayman Member Posts: 7
    Don't run claymore or maybe off state in all of your GPU before changing settings in Trixx.

I have 3 rx480 sapphire, first gpu (which connected to monitor) set gpu voltage to -80. More of it may cause to freeze/error. The other gpu's set to -110. I run like this for over a week now.

But I have a problem with Trixx, everytime power loss and my pc turn back my Trixx back to default settings like GPU voltage to 0 but for my primary gpu (GPU0) was just ok with the settings. Was Trixx able to save settings only for 1st gpu?
    Another question.

When flashing rx480 sapphire, the bios jumper should be in silent mode. After flashing do I need to return it back?

Last 2 days, I reflashed my bios to default (same bios jumper position). After successfully flashed, I return the jumper to default and restart the pc and there was no display. What was the problem?
    edited October 2016
    Jumper must stay in "silent" position that it was in time of flashing.

If you switch it back - you enable default unmodded part with 1342/2000 clocks.

Sapphire trixx have some bugs - also not storing voltage offset after reboot, only for first card in list all ok.
  • orinityorinity SingaporeMember Posts: 84
    Jukebox said:

Jumper must stay in "silent" position that it was in time of flashing.

If you switch it back - you enable default unmodded part with 1342/2000 clocks.

Sapphire trixx have some bugs - also not storing voltage offset after reboot, only for first card in list all ok.

Since Trixx is buggy, what do you recommend instead? I am getting my Sapphire RX 480 soon to pair with my Sapphire HD 7950.
    edited October 2016
    orinity said:

Since Trixx is buggy, what do you recommend instead? I am getting my Sapphire RX 480 soon to pair with my Sapphire HD 7950.

You can try Claymore miner directly to control clocks and voltage.
    Look into readme.
    I am wondering if this BIOS will work on my Sapphire RX 480 NITRO+ non-OC version?
    orinity said:

I am wondering if this BIOS will work on my Sapphire RX 480 NITRO+ non-OC version?

Checked on my Amazon order, looks like there is only one NITRO+ option. :blush:
    orinity said:

Bad idea, as for me.
    Jukebox said:

orinity said:

Bad idea, as for me.
    I just noticed that there is only NITRO+ version so all is good! Will be using your BIOS on my NITRO+ 8GB.
  • deakgegideakgegi Member Posts: 17
    I have been using this rom with my 6xRX 480 8GB OC+.

I'm getting around 120W at the wall with only ETH, and 140W while dual mining.
    This rom has been rock solid for me, with really low temps and awesome stability.

I can recommend it, but make sure to remove your drivers with DDU and reinstall them after the bios flash.

I'm using win10 with the newest 19.10 and Asrock H97 anniversary. Using a gold rated 1250W for this.

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.
    monster is my gaming pc with 2x980ti.
    deakgegi said:

This rom has been rock solid for me, with really low temps and awesome stability.

I can recommend it, but make sure to remove your drivers with DDU and reinstall them after the bios flash.

I'm using win10 with the newest 19.10 and Asrock H97 anniversary. Using a gold rated 1250W for this.

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

120W with 6 RX480? How?
  • blackwolfblackwolf EarthMember Posts: 86
    Thanks for this bios, works great!
  • cancan Member Posts: 5
    deakgegi said:

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

what Claymore ethi/dcri setting are you using? I have same configuration but decreed is at 2500.
    Rayman said:

deakgegi said:

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

120W with 6 RX480? How?
    With -100mv on both the core and memory.
    can said:

deakgegi said:

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

what Claymore ethi/dcri setting are you using? I have same configuration but decreed is at 2500.
    I'm using 40. This is the setting for me which is not reducing ETH but increases DCR.
    edited October 2016
    deakgegi said:

Rayman said:

deakgegi said:

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

120W with 6 RX480? How?
    With -100mv on both the core and memory.
    can said:

deakgegi said:

rig1 is the rx 480 rig.

I'm using 40. This is the setting for me which is not reducing ETH but increases DCR.
    Just to clarity. Is it really a total of 120w on the wall for all of your 6 rx480?

I have same settings @-100mv. I have 3 rx480 sapphire and around 480w on the wall and 75w on gpu-z per card.

Are you sure about 120w on 6 rx480?
    Those wattages are per card, obviously :)
  • HotmetalHotmetal Member Posts: 13
    @Jukebox: You're a rockstar! Your solution was extremely elegant and the performance is amazing!
    4 x RX480's sitting on 117 Mh/s stable with 344 watts of power on the GPUs. I'm not using wattman or anything to increase clocks or decrease voltage/power draw!

Going to go buy another 2 RX480's shortly.
    Thanks again!
  • ursul0ursul0 Member Posts: 54
    Jukebox said:

Due to some hidden reasons our card ignores any voltage settings in BIOS, when they less than 1.000 V.
    Exception is only for P0 state (voltage for 300 mhz GPU clock). This voltage can be modified and it really works.

My all cards do that for memory controller voltage, but the phases are fine.
    After flashing bios the only thing needed is to set lower mem voltage.
    Maybe its drivers issue...
    I don't have AMD drivers installed and I use watttool to push mem voltage and finetune.
    Loading profiles from .ini files is much more that wattman can provide (even if it were stable itself...)
  • m00nspeellm00nspeell Member Posts: 11
    Jukebox thank for the hard work with custom bios for rx480(11260-01-20G)! Any news about a new improved custom bios for Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+, maybe 30-31 MH/s?:). I use it with claymore in dual mine (ETH + SC) 170-175 MH/s + 2500-2700 MH/s (6 gpu) but it not so stable even with a lot of adjustments.

Jukebox thank for the hard work with custom bios for rx480(11260-01-20G)! Any news about a new improved custom bios for Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+, maybe 30-31 MH/s?:). I use it with claymore in dual mine (ETH + SC) 170-175 MH/s + 2500-2700 MH/s (6 gpu) but it not so stable even with a lot of adjustments.

It's not possible to make single stable ROM to achieve 30+.

This because of memory chips quality.

Almost any card with Samsung chips can run 2075-2100 memclk, but it's not enough to get even 30 MH.
    In good case you can reach 2150-2175 memclk and have 30 MH.
    Some rare cards can go to 2250-2275 memclk, but I do not think that there more than 5 % of cards can do this.

Each of my cards is tuned individually and there's no universal stable ROM that anybody can use safely.
    It seems that prices for this card just went from $270 on Amazon to $290.
  • m00nspeellm00nspeell Member Posts: 11
    Jukebox said:

It's not possible to make single stable ROM to achieve 30+.

This because of memory chips quality.

Almost any card with Samsung chips can run 2075-2100 memclk, but it's not enough to get even 30 MH.
    In good case you can reach 2150-2175 memclk and have 30 MH.
    Some rare cards can go to 2250-2275 memclk, but I do not think that there more than 5 % of cards can do this.

Each of my cards is tuned individually and there's no universal stable ROM that anybody can use safely.
    My only problem with this bios are Memory Errors. First GPU have 3600 error, second GPU have 300 in 24H, but the GPU 4 have a lot of error even without OC, only down voltage and the total number of submitted shares is small. Also if i OC the memory on any GPU i receive memory error on all graphic cards, and the hash rate is down (140-150 Mh/s and 1200w on wall).

Configuration:
    Asrock H81 Pro BTC
    Intel G1840
    8GB DDR3
    6x Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB, x6 risers USB 3.0
    PSU Enermax 1600w (4 lanes)
    Miner: Clymore 7.1, mining on etherpool EU and SC on siamining.com
    Driver WHQL Crimson 16.10.1, win 10 64bit
    Downvoltage -100mv on all card (Consumption on wall: 800W ETH only, 985-1015W ETH + SC "-dcri default")