Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) modded BIOS 29+MH + downvolt

Comments

• JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    1234xm said:

first i thought that i will move something on the gpu.then i looked on the googla,and i saw that jumper is this raiser putet in the mb slot. but this i cannot change. or can i? hm..

Here it is.

sw.jpg 34.3K
  • 1234xm1234xm Member Posts: 21
    Jukebox said:

1234xm said:

first i thought that i will move something on the gpu.then i looked on the googla,and i saw that jumper is this raiser putet in the mb slot. but this i cannot change. or can i? hm..

Here it is.

ups...thank you for that. i am doing everthink on remote control. from time as i saw this thread i did not go to place where my rig is.
  • a2za2z Member Posts: 1
    Excellent rom. Flashed two RX 480. But how to do the same firmware is only for Sapphire 11256-02-20G RX 470 8Gb? Or, please tell me what parameters should be changed in the firmware? Thank you in advance.
    Timings, voltage, clocks. Edited with PBE 1.4
  • letsdancemusicletsdancemusic Member Posts: 13
    Jukebox said:

BIOS originally dumped with AtiWinFlash 2.74 on "silent" BIOS jumper position.
    Modified with PBE (polaris bios editor) 1.4
    Clocks 1125/2080 tuned to keep GPU and mem controller load maxxed.

Cooler profile - unmodified

Flashing and installing procedure can be found in Boysie thread.

It's strongly recommended to flash your card, when BIOS jumper is on "silent" position - when jumper moved to DVI/HDMI connectors side.

You can also use Sapphire trixx, wattman or something else you want - to modify voltage (in most cases it can be lowered), clocks and cooler profile.

BIOS seems to be stable, but use it on your own risk and make backup of your original BIOS before any change/flashing.
    If you forgot to do it, you can find it here.

Joke! Even if you do something wrong and catch some troubles - simply boot your system with "default" BIOS jumper position. You can switch it on the fly after booting your OS and flash your original unmodified BIOS.

it did not work for me as in no mining program recognizes the card but i have not bricked it yet thank god but i try a reboot of windows
    and see that works
    maybe my card not exactly the right one to this one but thing i did was not touch the card at all, no jumper settings or anything
    oh i forgot that im on a older version driver a 16.7.3, i try updating the driver and try again
    im only only getting 25mh/s if i can squeeze another 4-6 MH/S it would be great awesome if more
    ok an update, i did not touch that switch, updated to 16.9.2 driver and it looked like an improvement but crashed using console mining program, now attempting on silent mode in bios setting switch but i flashed it on default bios settings which could be why
    ill try silent mode on switch
    sorry i meant to say i have now crashing problems gonna try reflash my original then i do a mining test if it works normal then reflash this mod bios in silent mode
    ok it did go up from 23MH/s before flash to 27m/h but it so unstable crashed and blue screened on me.
  • Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Too much overclocking.
    Question of luck.
    Some sapphires run with my BIOS 2250 MHz memclk, some - only 2100.

Try to adjust with Trixx or MSI AB.

do i set the bios switch back to default or leave it in silent mode
    Leave in silent and reduce memory clock to stable maximum.
  • guntisvitolinsguntisvitolins Member Posts: 24
    This is what happens when you BIOS Flash your MSI RX 470 4gb graphic cards... 168mh/s
  • BlueManBlueMan Member Posts: 16
    What is the best dual mining coin side with ETH can be done on this card?
  • mrtrollboxmrtrollbox Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2016
    Not sure why but I am getting 26/27gh/s most out of the setting, any recommendation ?
    Could it be the miner or mininghub that is slowing it bit down or this seem to be ok? Stock is at 22/23gh/s...

I just tried clay miner and got it between 29.2/29.9 but do note that there is 5% devfee. So its def, miner issue between cpp-ether and clayminer

Post edited by mrtrollbox on
  • XereoXereo Member Posts: 55

Not sure why but I am getting 26/27gh/s most out of the setting, any recommendation ?
    Could it be the miner or mininghub that is slowing it bit down or this seem to be ok? Stock is at 22/23gh/s...

I just tried clay miner and got it between 29.2/29.9 but do note that there is 5% devfee. So its def, miner issue between cpp-ether and clayminer

Claymore is 1% fee. so using it and getting almost 30mh is more profitable.
  • mrtrollboxmrtrollbox Member Posts: 6
    Oh I thought it was 5% for devfee
  • LenneLenne Member Posts: 20
    i got the nitro+ i am thinking of overclocking it soon. just installled the hardware but. youre a legend if you got a rom ready.
  • LenneLenne Member Posts: 20
    so ive flashed your rom with my nitro plus. getting 1125 gpu clock and 2080 mem clock. 59c with 40% fan all the way through. my hash is sitting on about 29-30mh atm.
    I have a problem, I flashed one of my GPU with the silent rom, but the gpu clock showing 0 Mhz

However when mining it's working and showing 29Mh/s but GPUz doesn't show GPU clock or fan speed..etc
    Set jumper to default still the same problem
    Flashed to default same
    Reinstalled drivers - reinstalled windows still same
    I can't open Radeon settings
    I am not sure what's wrong, can any one help please?
    boi.gif 12.6K
    BlueMan said:

I have a problem, I flashed one of my GPU with the silent rom, but the gpu clock showing 0 Mhz

However when mining it's working and showing 29Mh/s but GPUz doesn't show GPU clock or fan speed..etc
    Flashed to default same

This is not a video bios problem, definitely. Try to connect some monitor to this card and check again.

• zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    BlueMan said:

Flashed to default same

Disable your integrated gpu
    @Jukebox @zorvalth Thanks guys that really helped, after plugging the monitor to the Radeon card things are now working.
  • RaymanRayman Member Posts: 7
    I already used this flash vdrop and mine for a couple of days or maybe a week now. But now I just wandering that the sapphire trixx shows gpu clock: 1125 memory clock: 8320. Is this normal? I think a saw memory clock @ 2080 last few days.
    Rayman said:

I already used this flash vdrop and mine for a couple of days or maybe a week now. But now I just wandering that the sapphire trixx shows gpu clock: 1125 memory clock: 8320. Is this normal? I think a saw memory clock @ 2080 last few days.

8320=2080*4

It only means that you switched on "Show effective memory clock" in Trixx settings.
    I don't seem to be able to open AMD settings, can I undervolte from Trixx? I tried open Trixx but don't seem to find where to drop the voltage to 950 from there. Any help please?
    By the way this is the best Bios/rom I have tried and it rocksss.
    Card sets Vgpu ~1V (GPU-Z shows it) by some undefined reasons with this modded BIOS.
    So just lower it with trixx.