Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) modded BIOS 29+MH + downvolt

Comments

• ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    mettalmag said:

I tried everything, even briked one of my cards, but then I made to get it back working on stock bios. I also tried to manually mod the bios itself with polaris but no luck.
    My cards are http://www.ebay.com/itm/302224166896?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    and I was looking for 29+MH/s Micron memory
    any help would be great,
    Thanks

There is nothing you can do with Micron memory :( send the card back and get a new one or change vendor.. Micron is the lowest memory type and the BIOS is not stable at all.

The best you can do is to run the card with bios stock and just overclock, 24 Mh/s - 26 Mh/s max.

If there are new updates on this please someone correct me.
  • mettalmagmettalmag Member Posts: 20
    ciprianpt said:

mettalmag said:

I tried everything, even briked one of my cards, but then I made to get it back working on stock bios. I also tried to manually mod the bios itself with polaris but no luck.
    My cards are http://www.ebay.com/itm/302224166896?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    any help would be great,
    Thanks

There is nothing you can do with Micron memory :( send the card back and get a new one or change vendor.. Micron is the lowest memory type and the BIOS is not stable at all.

The best you can do is to run the card with bios stock and just overclock, 24 Mh/s - 26 Mh/s max.

that's so sad, there is no chance to send the cards back because I'm in Georgia, Tbilisi and shipping to US will cost shit loads of $$$ for me :/
    But the good part about it is that the cards aren't mine :D I'm just a guy who is helping around all the time, I didn't knew about Micron memories were so bad..
    Thank you for your help and information :)
  • marmar Member Posts: 2
    mar said:

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and mining. I have 3x RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (no bios mod) and with Claymore result ~27,5 Mh each.
    Can someone help me to choose bios mod and where can I find step by step tutorial for my card, please? I have Samsung memory. 75W without load, and 550W with Claymore and 1130/2225 gpu/memory.
    thanks,
    mar

thank you for help, I have flashed roms with v4 and now mining 29.4 - 29.9 mh - fabric bios was 113-2E3470U.S52.

My next cards have bios 113-2E3470U.S5X and I have problem with flashing V4.rom. ATIWinflash says that can not erase rom...
    Any idea what can I try to flash these cards?

thanks for any help

• vasseellevasseelle Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can anyone confirm that v4 bios works well with 11260-01-20G, 11260-07-20G, 11260-10-20G cards, as far as i know only these models have samsung chips, the other 8gb nitro "D5" 11260-07-20G, 11260-20-20G have micron memory.

Also please correct me if i'm wrong .. i'm hoping to make an investment and i dont want to get cards with low quality memory.
    vasseelle said:

Hello,

Can anyone confirm that v4 bios works well with 11260-01-20G, 11260-07-20G, 11260-10-20G cards, as far as i know only these models have samsung chips, the other 8gb nitro "D5" 11260-07-20G, 11260-20-20G have micron memory.

Also please correct me if i'm wrong .. i'm hoping to make an investment and i dont want to get cards with low quality memory.

I used the v4 rom and is working good. With claymore's dual miner i get 177 Mh/s on eth and 2650 Mh/s decred, 6x gpu rig.
  • BogdanCoBogdanCo Member Posts: 8
    vasseelle said:

Hello,

I can confirm the 11260-01-20G, 11260-07-20G works with v4, I have mixed 18 cards with these 2 types and all works well with v4.
    11260-10-20G I never tried. but as far as I see, the "silent bios" is the same 113-2E3470U.S52, so it should work also.
  • bachita1989bachita1989 Member Posts: 4
    i have overclocked 11260-01-20G Bios and got 28MH after few hour working Claymore started crashing and was error watchdog i disable watchdog thank wrote error GPU and continue working only one video card out of two.

> How i can get stable mining 28MH
    >does it need some wattman or MSIAFTERBURNER?

is There any normal solution that can help all of us to mining?
  • Tony0202Tony0202 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone someone are able to dual mine with the same hashrate 29mh+ because when I try to dual mine my hashrate drop to 25 mh
    Tony0202 said:

Hi everyone someone are able to dual mine with the same hashrate 29mh+ because when I try to dual mine my hashrate drop to 25 mh

Try to increase dcri.. for me works great a 34
  • mashmash Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
  • mashmash Member Posts: 3
    mar said:

mar said:

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and mining. I have 3x RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (no bios mod) and with Claymore result ~27,5 Mh each.
    Can someone help me to choose bios mod and where can I find step by step tutorial for my card, please? I have Samsung memory. 75W without load, and 550W with Claymore and 1130/2225 gpu/memory.
    thanks,
    mar

thank you for help, I have flashed roms with v4 and now mining 29.4 - 29.9 mh - fabric bios was 113-2E3470U.S52.

My next cards have bios 113-2E3470U.S5X and I have problem with flashing V4.rom. ATIWinflash says that can not erase rom...
    Any idea what can I try to flash these cards?

thanks for any help

Mar

I had this problem yesterday, I solved taking V4 from another card already installed, with GPU-Z and you will get 256kb rom. Flash it in the new one and happy mining.

Mash
  • REtherMinerREtherMiner Member Posts: 16
    I see some claims from heliox on this forum. He says he can get 31mh/s + with 1150/2150. any opinions on that?
  • 1234xm1234xm Member Posts: 21
    Just one question.

I have 5 rx 480 and rom v4.
    i do 29,7mh, but my consuption is 800w for 5 cards. Is this ok or i can go even lower? is V3 less power hungry?

thank you for any advice.

• ElyrenElyren Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone, I have the RX480 nitro+ Non-OC, can I flash this Rom on my gpu ?
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2017
    I see this mod is for the Nitro+ 8GB but I have the Sapphire RX480 Nitro OC. Will this bios work? If not is there one on the forums i can use? This will be my 1st attempt modding bios but i have a good idea of how to do it so if I can just copy straps please let me know. Thanks in advance!
  • XarnaXarna Member Posts: 10
    Elyren said:

Hi everyone, I have the RX480 nitro+ Non-OC, can I flash this Rom on my gpu ?

i have a RX480 nitro 4GB elpida can i flash it? thanks in advance
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Member Posts: 75
    Tbone5660 said:

I see this mod is for the Nitro+ 8GB but I have the Sapphire RX480 Nitro OC. Will this bios work? If not is there one on the forums i can use? This will be my 1st attempt modding bios but i have a good idea of how to do it so if I can just copy straps please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I just checked and this card has Micron Memory. Is there anything I can do to speed it up from 24.xx mhs?
  • raidersanraidersan Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2017
    There seems to be a design change in the production of this model. I just got a replacement after an RMA and the new card dumps a 256Kb ROM instead of 512. Anybody has seen this?
    Post edited by raidersan on
  • OctavianOctavian Member Posts: 1
    raidersan said:

There seems to be a design change in the production of this model. I just got a replacement after an RMA and the new card dumps a 256Kb ROM instead of 512. Anybody has seen this?

Hey,
    I have 2 cards with 256KB ROM
  • thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
    I have 6 new Sapphire Nitro 480 4g that all have 256k bios. All Samsung memory too.
  • draxydraxy Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,
    Did someone try v4.rom on rx 580 card? Cause I am planning to buy an 11265-00 card...
    Thanks
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    ciprianpt said:

mettalmag said:

any help would be great,
    Thanks

I know this is an old post but...how much ETH are you willing to bet that "There is nothing you can do with Micron memory...Micron is the lowest memory type...The best you can do is to run the card with bios stock and just overclock, 24 Mh/s - 26 Mh/s max..."? Also, how long does my Sapphire RX480 8GB w/Micron memory have to be mining before I send the screenshot (I'll be using Claymore v9.3 BTW)? I guarantee you it'll run 28 Mh/s at 2000mhz with 0 memory errors in a 24 hour span.
  • MaguaryMaguary Member Posts: 59
    This ROM have ROPs disabled?
  • FOX1982FOX1982 Member Posts: 3
    I have 2 rigs running with 6 sapphire rx480 8gb each.
    I'm getting 24 mhs in each card.
    I have two main questions.
    What are the recomended settings to increase mhs without flashing the bios.
    And the other question why any of my cards dont have the V bios switch that i see in most pics and videos.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    Ref cards?
    If yes, they dont have a BIOS switch.
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Maguary said:

This ROM have ROPs disabled?

You cannot disable ROPs in Ellesmere VBIOSes using the ROM.
  • FOX1982FOX1982 Member Posts: 3
    Lets see if someone can help me... i have 12 sapphire rx480 8gb running on two rigs.

They are running with stock settings at 24.4 mh/s, what changes can i make in the settings to get a little more mh/s without flashing bios.

Another thing is that none of the cards have the V Bios Switch, i have seen a lot of videos where they show the switch below the little red button (this ones dont have neither one). Is this a different model? or it may be that they are located inside the housing.

Anyone feel free to comment
  • vasseellevasseelle Member Posts: 2
    FOX1982 said:

They are running with stock settings at 24.4 mh/s, what changes can i make in the settings to get a little more mh/s without flashing bios.t

no way as far as i know ..
    FOX1982 said:

Another thing is that none of the cards have the V Bios Switch, i have seen a lot of videos where they show the switch below the little red button (this ones dont have neither one). Is this a different model? or it may be that they are located inside the housing.

part number ? serial number ? model number .. memory manufacturer ? more details .. ?
  • crack4pandacrack4panda Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2017
    I have modded my RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) with the V4 ROM and get a strange response when running the latest Claymore.

The machine has just 1x RX480 and was running 24mh/s on stock settings, and will reach 28mh/s with the mod.. but its short lived. The rig won't stay running for an hour, and occasionally the hash rate will reduce to 0 before the machine turns itself off. The card is not being undervolted - I have literally just updated the bios on the silent position. I'm using Crimson 16.9.2 beta for my driver. Mobo msi z710a gaming pro carbon with no bios mods. Power draw at the wall while running just one card was 180w. I had modified the fan profile in Trixx to 60% at 50-55oC as I was worried about over heating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have read on this thread that I may need to;
    1) Undervolt;
    2) Adjust bios timings
    3) sort out a heat issue

But I don't know where to start. Any guidance is hugely appreciated!
  • crack4pandacrack4panda Member Posts: 5

I have modded my RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) with the V4 ROM and get a strange response when running the latest Claymore.

The machine has just 1x RX480 and was running 24mh/s on stock settings, and will reach 28mh/s with the mod.. but its short lived. The rig won't stay running for an hour, and occasionally the hash rate will reduce to 0 before the machine turns itself off. The card is not being undervolted - I have literally just updated the bios on the silent position. I'm using Crimson 16.9.2 beta for my driver. Mobo msi z710a gaming pro carbon with no bios mods. Power draw at the wall while running just one card was 180w. I had modified the fan profile in Trixx to 60% at 50-55oC as I was worried about over heating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have read on this thread that I may need to;
    1) Undervolt;
    2) Adjust bios timings
    3) sort out a heat issue

But I don't know where to start. Any guidance is hugely appreciated!

For anyone with a similar problem I seem to have found a solution - removed crimson 16.9.2 beta driver, and installed crimson 16.9.1 and patched it (had not done this before). RX480 is now running consistently at 28.5mh/s temp 52oC, fan 65%.