Politik, control tokens to give elected positions

JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
http://labs.humint.is/politik/

Find it an interesting idea. Any ideas to also make the voting anonymous in ethereum?

Comments

• avsaavsa Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I really like the democracy daos. Which big organisation will be the first to prove that decisions can be reached by a decentralized congress?

On a sidenote, every day I'm finding more and more similarities in some of the things I believe can change society: crypto currency, liquid direct democracy and basic income. Aren't all those similar? In a crypto-liquid democracy, votes are imminently tradeable, sold. This can be seen as a terrible thing, since rich people will get more and more power, but then, at some point it's also a basic income: everyone has the right to one vote per period (1 day, 6 month, 4 years), if votes have value then that means that everyone has the right to sell their votes for issues they don't particularly care about and have the right to a basic income.
  • BluefinBluefin Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    @avsa, you are right. In corrupt nations, vote buying is rampant and politik has no place in these places. When everyone cares only about putting food on the table, and if each tik is worth that meal, it will be a total sell out to the rich. And that would mean more control by the rich and powerful!

In fact anonymity is more of a bane than boon in this context. Just cannot see how this works in an enslaved society we are in.
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    @Bluefin anonymity in what you vote is required for democratic elections, precisely because of vote buying. And also against threats. If which way you vote is anonymous and someone offers to buy votes, i will indulge him and take his money, and go vote for whatever i wanted to vote.

Of course you might have meant anonymity in who has tiks to point, but i felt like saying it strongly anyway.

Vote sellability is a problem when the intention is democracy.(the scale doesnt quite matter) Could try use tx.origin == msg.sender then you have to send private keys to sell it, and both may have the private key. It much decreases the assurances of the buyer. Could even try listen to network where transactions are coming from, and go after cases where these votes are coming from different places for no apparent reason.

Disadvantage is that people can then not use contracts to help do their own thing with it. Just checking the origin would mean people could sell it via a contract that sends votes during their normal actions. Could do tx.origin ==PUBKEY && msg.sender==SENDER, but only if the code of your contract is approved. Really it seems like there should be a way for contracts to identify the 'kind' of contract other things are. I.e. contracts that only differ by some parameters are the same kind.

Was a little worried about tx.origin being used to make things less interopable, but there seem to be good uses too.