Monitoring rigs

vlcmstnevlcmstne Posts: 119Member
What are you all using to monitor rigs, temps, fans, etc. I am looking for something similar to the web panel from ethos as I moved from ethos over to windows due to the 480s and I miss the ability to quickly see all my temps in one spot.

Comments

• lukaisailoviclukaisailovic Posts: 43Member
    Use claymore miner, with it you get remote manager. You can see your hashrate, temps, running time, etc... Also you can edit config file, restart miner and get notification (beeping) when hashrate is lower than expected or your rig shut down
  • vlcmstnevlcmstne Posts: 119Member
    nice thanks i'll give that a shot that's worth the dev fee i think for me
  • punkshoopunkshoo Posts: 22Member
    @lukaisailovic Great tip with Claymore. I use it for a tiny mining operation and knew this was a feature but never paid much attention. Will make life alot easier when my hardware gets here.
    vlcmstne said:

nice thanks i'll give that a shot that's worth the dev fee i think for me

You will earn much more with Dual mining than the fee is
    punkshoo said:

@lukaisailovic Great tip with Claymore. I use it for a tiny mining operation and knew this was a feature but never paid much attention. Will make life alot easier when my hardware gets here.

It's a great feature, they even have android app, although there is not fancy features there other than just monitoring....
    @lukaisailovic You dual mine Sia or DCR ? are you able to auto trade it for ETH as well. Have yet to try Dual Mining hope my 1300 EVGA can take (5) 480s dual mining, what do you guys think?
  • un4givenun4given Posts: 172Member ✭✭
    vlcmstne said:

@lukaisailovic You dual mine Sia or DCR ? are you able to auto trade it for ETH as well. Have yet to try Dual Mining hope my 1300 EVGA can take (5) 480s dual mining, what do you guys think?

It will take them for sure. I dual mine on enermax platinmax 1350 in dual mode with 6 x RX480. Works as a charm. U just need the correct undevolt settingz and u r good to go. Check the forum for settings.
    edited August 2016
    Do you guys know if you can auto shapeshift sia I heard that you can set up a shapeshift address that will auto trade for ether to deposit back into your wallet, and you mine right to it but I haven't tried it yet
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Posts: 565Member ✭✭✭
    I dunno why but the monitoring (claymore+app) didnt work for me.
    Can someone explain how to setup?
    vlcmstne said:

I mine Sia, and yeah should work fine

First of all you need to be on same network. After that you need to find local address of your pc (open cmd and type netstat, local address looks like 192.168.0.NUMBER_HERE:PORT ) after that open app on android/windows and type your local address WITHOUT PORT, claymore has set default port to 3333 that should be it really

• Dr_House86Dr_House86 Posts: 565Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks

That means i cant monitor my rigs really?
    When iam at home there is no need for monitoring via Smartphone....
  • cvipercviper Posts: 132Member ✭✭
    I monitor mine with teamviewer.Its free and easy to setup.Within 1 account i connect them all and monitor then via smartphone or my laptop.
  • indytimindytim Posts: 123Member

Temps are not available in Claymore yet - needs the AMD overdrive API - this is mentioned in his FAQ- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
  • indytimindytim Posts: 123Member

Thanks

At this point I monitor through my pool. I don't get temps, but at leadt I know when a miner goes offline. Etherpool have a beta service yhat emails me when a worker goes down.

Right now the apis and tools to configure and support RX 480s are sorely lacking . Hopefully it improves soon.

• th00berth00ber Posts: 213Member ✭✭
    @Dr_House86 I use my own monitoring tool :)
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1448855
    And I use it to publish data to my server so I can check it through internet
    (but if you are in LAN, you don't need that)
    http://vps261600.ovh.net/
  • joel0v3sgamesjoel0v3sgames Posts: 1Member
    To use it over the Web I guess on your router you could open the port just like setting up a server for games
  • vndevilvndevil Posts: 2Member
    http://ethmonitor.net/miners/vndevil I dev this website using Claymore EthMan
  • headshot155headshot155 Posts: 64Member

Thanks

I had the same problem as you, whats the point in monitoring at home when they are right next to you! There is an app on the apple app store called Claymore Monitor. If you put your external IP address and the standard port number (3333) it should work when you are away from home.

I had to open the port 3333 using port forwarding on my router. I also have a dynamic IP address so I went to noip.com and I now run a little program on the rig that notifies every 5 minutes what my IP address is.

With and IP address in Claymore Monitor you need to have the following syntax (example): 198.2.12.30:3333

With a DDNS service you need something like: miningrig.ddns.net:3333

You may need to allow the etherminer programme through the windows firewall too.
  • vndevilvndevil Posts: 2Member

Thanks

I had the same problem as you, whats the point in monitoring at home when they are right next to you! There is an app on the apple app store called Claymore Monitor. If you put your external IP address and the standard port number (3333) it should work when you are away from home.

I had to open the port 3333 using port forwarding on my router. I also have a dynamic IP address so I went to noip.com and I now run a little program on the rig that notifies every 5 minutes what my IP address is.

With and IP address in Claymore Monitor you need to have the following syntax (example): 198.2.12.30:3333

With a DDNS service you need something like: miningrig.ddns.net:3333

You may need to allow the etherminer programme through the windows firewall too.
    using my website you don't have to do anything with network, just run EthMan and EthMonitorApp to send data to website, them monitoring online :))
    EthMonitor.net
  • headshot155headshot155 Posts: 64Member
    edited September 15
    @vndevil I had a good look at your work and its good, but in the end it came down to simple aesthetics, I preferred the more orderly layout that Claymore monitor app provides