Claymore crash during Nanopool Eth/Sia dual mine

ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70
edited August 2016 in Mining
Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried every type of configuration I can find but nothing seems to work. May I ask someone to check my config and see if I'm doing something incorrectly? Please note that I tried both the EU pool links and the US pool links, I thought that it might make a difference, but it didn't.

Rig has
3x R9 390

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal address -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal address -dcoin sia -dcri 120

Best Answer

Answers

• fuchs_itfuchs_it Member Posts: 36
    setx "..."

should be

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
    export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
    export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
    export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
    export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
  • ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70
    fuchs_it said:

setx "..."

should be

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
    export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
    export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
    export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
    export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

Unfortunately that did not work. The program itself crashes, and I can't figure out why.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    use version 5.2 or 5.3 earlier versions are buggy and cause crashes -dcri value seems very high to me.
    edited August 2016
    EthDcrMiner64.exe

you're using the windows version. download Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin AMD GPU Miner v5.3 Beta - LINUX - Catalyst 15.12.tar.gz

^^disregard if you're using windows

i don't know why i thought/assumed you were running on Ubuntu.
  • ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70
    bbcoin said:

use version 5.2 or 5.3 earlier versions are buggy and cause crashes -dcri value seems very high to me.

I am using version 5.3. Changed the -dcri value to 40, and it still crashes.
    while we're on the subject, i'm not getting a temp readout from my cards with claymore, using 5.3 w/ ubuntu 15.04.

~/claymore/ethdcrminer64 -tt 75,75,70 -tstop 85,85,85 -cclock 1100,1100,1000 -mclock 1625,1625,1500
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    are you per chance running the latest update to windows 10? 1607
    if so I found if I created a new profile and just ran a bat file with

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal address -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://sia-eu1.nanopool.org:7777 -dwal address -dcoin sia -dcri 120

else the miner crashes. I dont know which one does it or why you would need them but mine runs perfectly fine on 6 card rig with just the above.

Sorry I dont know how to make an existing user profile work after you have run the SETX commands ...there is prob a cmd to remove them, but for me I just created a new user and ran on that login.

Boysie