Quick Start Guide To Mine Ethereum

124»

Comments

• DjithBitDjithBit Posts: 40Member

Please i need help, i need AMD rx 470 , it is not available

Dont know where you are located .. in france it is en stock..

http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique/sapphire-radeon-rx-470-4-go-uefi-oem-144367.html
  • mikeomikeo Posts: 172Member ✭✭
    tanoosh said:

where to find a current ethminer for win10, gtx1070 rig?

I'm totally new as well, and gotten as far as starting the miner, which failed because of parms on the given list as provided by pool site (ethermine.org):

ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O .

the unacceptable parm was "-FS". removing it was also unacceptable. removing the fallover site was also unacceptable. Removing the offending parms one by one, let the miner run to it's next point of failure - database link failure.

the miner I download was genoil's 0.9.41 - 1.0.5
    every other miner I've found is rejected FORCEFULLY by Norton, and indeed I see posts articulating caution about the safety of dl's on genoils list. I've removed the Mining folder from norton's scan list, but feel a need for a friendly pointer to safe, working miner.

I pray if this is the WRONG place to post this question, please direct me to the RIGHT place to post the question.

Claymore v9.7 works well for me on nanopool.
  • ckailianckailian Posts: 28Member
    I'm with Zotac GTX 1060 with only 18mh/s after oc. Any suggestion to further improves it?
  • benetherbenether Posts: 20Member
    ckailian said:

I'm with Zotac GTX 1060 with only 18mh/s after oc. Any suggestion to further improves it?

Hi, I just post an howto for efficient mining with win10 / nvidia GPU

I've got 21 Mhs with my GTX 970, i think you can have more with your 1060.
  • zonozono Posts: 156Member ✭✭
    Any1 running rig with multiple GPUs on old lga775 boards?

Every time I plug riser into pcie x16 slot, the system won't start.
    What could be the reason for that?
    when pluged only pcie x1 works normal.
    I tried changing video setting in bios (onboard, pcie...)
  • Kr3udr0Kr3udr0 Posts: 1Member
    edited July 24
    Greetings fellow forumites! I'm quite new to the mining rig business, but after a couple of months of research, i've decided to build my own rig, and to buy a couple of GPUs. The thing is, not really being that tech savy, i don't exactly know the main differences between these GPUs so i was wondering if someone could help. Which one of the following is better in terms of MH/s and consumption ratio?

Radeon RX 480 Dual 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Dual OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Armor OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Red Dragon HDMI 3xDP 4GB

And if it's a wise decision or not to buy 4 of the same type. Or should i buy 1 of each?

Also, is it possible for DDR5 GPUs to work on a DDR4 motherboard?
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Posts: 88Member
    edited August 1
    Kr3udr0 said:

Greetings fellow forumites! I'm quite new to the mining rig business, but after a couple of months of research, i've decided to build my own rig, and to buy a couple of GPUs. The thing is, not really being that tech savy, i don't exactly know the main differences between these GPUs so i was wondering if someone could help. Which one of the following is better in terms of MH/s and consumption ratio?

And if it's a wise decision or not to buy 4 of the same type. Or should i buy 1 of each?

Are you flying solo in this business? Or you have a partner that has advanced knowledge in PC building and configuration?

Reason i'm asking is that mining isn't exactly something you jump in if you have couple hundred grand to spend on a business - and doing research is exactly a good thing. Mining requires very advanced computer hardware knowledge and debugging, as buying parts and putting them up is the easy part, the config and troubleshooting that comes after is the one that'll kill you.

But to answer your question, those four cards aren't so different exactly, just comes from different AIB partners of AMD and could only differ by a few hundred Mhz in core clocks.

Also, using DDR5 GPUs doesn't correlate with using a DDR4 mobo as graphics card will work as long as they're plugged in to the correct PCIe port. It would care less if you're using a DDR3 or DDR4 ram.
  • amkoamko Posts: 13Member
    Hi,
    I am mining with claymore.

Is there any command which will reconnect and continue mining after an internet break?
    Maybe the router goes off or something.. is it possible to let it continie mining?

After power loss its easier.. AC on power loss and. bat in autostart = done...

Thanks!
  • BikuyBikuy Posts: 15Member

Kr3udr0 said:

Are you flying solo in this business? Or you have a partner that has advanced knowledge in PC building and configuration?

Reason i'm asking is that mining isn't exactly something you jump in if you have couple hundred grand to spend on a business - and doing research is exactly a good thing. Mining requires very advanced computer hardware knowledge and debugging, as buying parts and putting them up is the easy part, the config and troubleshooting that comes after is the one that'll kill you.

But to answer your question, those four cards aren't so different exactly, just comes from different AIB partners of AMD and could only differ by a few hundred Mhz in core clocks.

Also, using DDR5 GPUs doesn't correlate with using a DDR4 mobo as graphics card will work as long as they're plugged in to the correct PCIe port. It would care less if you're using a DDR3 or DDR4 ram.
    Really, really well explained. You have to really treat this stuff as a business venture and not just a hobby. It requires advanced computer knowledge and also lots of risk assessment and finance knowledge!
  • erstwealerstweal MidwestPosts: 95Member
    amko said:

Hi,
    I am mining with claymore.

Is there any command which will reconnect and continue mining after an internet break?
    Maybe the router goes off or something.. is it possible to let it continie mining?

After power loss its easier.. AC on power loss and. bat in autostart = done...

Thanks!

This is a great question, and I hope you get an answer. Even more interesting to me would be how to stop mining in the case of an internet break. I wouldn't want to expend all the electricity if my internet went out for some length of time and mining effort was being wasted. I'm thinking that both solutions would be similar.