Quick Start Guide To Mine Ethereum

2»

Comments

• supguyssupguys Posts: 13Member
    @agent412

- I'ts mining now! Thanks!

- I also founout if I change the config.txt it also works.

- May I know what setx is for? Because now says succed saved value. And what means all the GPU_stuuf we have to set in the bat? nobody explains that.
  • agent412agent412 Posts: 216Member, Moderator mod
    @supguys Glad I can help! To be honest, I'm not 100% sure why the setx and GPU_ are there...i just know its needed so your rigs can mine to its fullest. :)
    @agent412 Yup you were really helpful. What you think was the problem? the spacing in the command line? was because I did not set the password? is a universal password for al pool or is just nanopool? how much time it takes to see the result in my MIST? sorry for bombing you with questions, I just adventurous to buy all this stuff and I am super curious .
    @supguys No problem, you can PM any time. I just think your bat file wasn't configured right. I've never did it with that spacing, the -mode1, -tt 1, and all the other extra stuff, so it just didn't look right to me. Also, you had this,
    -epool eth-eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
    when is should be
    -epool eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999
    @agent412 Well, that confirms my suspects, I was terrible stupid hahahaha. Thanks dude. Sure When I finish the rig let you know via PM.
  • miner001miner001 Posts: 49Member
    Hi,
    I copied this to my start_only_eth.bat file:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe/MINER00 -epsw x

I keep getting a "share rejected" error message. But when I remove the MINER00, shares aren't rejected anymore. Is this right?

Also, I use Ethereum Wallet. I've been mining overnight and I see that my wallet says 0.00. I've been mining at about 52 MH/s. After 6 hours, I should see something right? But I don't. Do you know why?
    @miner001 i haven't used ethpool, but i think with them, if you want to show your rig you have to put .rig not /rig. Also are you sure 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe is your wallet address? Because when i search it on ethpool, i dont see it.
    oh that's not my wallet. just use as example.

Do you mean:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xEsefe15eC47ca5Cad1c2c3sfsesfe.rig -epsw x instead?

Also, I'm not doing something right with Ethereum Wallet. I have been mining for maybe 10 hours now and the wallet still shows 0.00. I should have some ETH by now.

Is there a better wallet than the one I'm using?
    @miner001 yeah that should work. And you should try mining to an exchange. I use Poloniex.
    I switched mining to dwarfpool now. How is mining with dwarfpool different from mining to an exchange like Poloniex? Still trying to understand this whole mining thing.
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Posts: 71Member
    edited October 2016
    @miner001 What he meant by exchange wallet is that you should open an account with Bittrex or Poloniex and then use the exchange provided wallet to collect your ETH.
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Posts: 84Member
    I have an Asrock b85 anniversary in theory can support 6 cards, but only I have 4 working when I put the five gpu, windows will not start, or crashes, or if it gets into your system administrator appears as a warning symbol on the card, and is not detected by Claymore's. Any suggestions??,

4 cards are rx470 Shappire but te 5 are XFX 470, want to put the different brand may be the problem? Thanks, sorry for my English
  • cidmocidmo Posts: 166Member ✭✭
    jsanzsp said:

I have an Asrock b85 anniversary in theory can support 6 cards, but only I have 4 working when I put the five gpu, windows will not start, or crashes, or if it gets into your system administrator appears as a warning symbol on the card, and is not detected by Claymore's. Any suggestions??,

4 cards are rx470 Shappire but te 5 are XFX 470, want to put the different brand may be the problem? Thanks, sorry for my English

u need "6 gpu mod" search that in the forums and ull find it
    just run that and let it restart
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Posts: 75Member
    edited October 2016
    @agent412

ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards - Intel Will not boot with RX 470

This whole sad story began when I hooked up all 5 cards to my old mobo with only 3 on powered risers. If I hadn't been so excited to get going I wouldn't have done it. If I had only stopped to think, I wouldn't be where I am now.

I have the new H81 Pro Btc R2.0
    This rig boots easily on ethOS with a R9-280. (That is the only way I can get into the Bios.)
    It will not boot with MSI RX 480 4gb
    I am in contact with AS Rock looking for a solution. This is the latest message -will contact HQ to look into it and get back to you as soon as I got answer. (But I expect you guy's might be smarter ;) )

Here is what I have-
    ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Motherboards - Intel (crap out of stock already!)
    Intel Celeron G1830 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1150 54W BX80646G1830 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 80+ GOLD 1300W, Fully Modular, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester, Power Supply 120-G2-1300-XR
    A variety of Powered risers
    The operating system is ethOS (Soon to be added is Windows 10)

Here is a Link to the users manual http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H81 Pro BTC.pdf

I used Internet Flash for the latest Bio's
    I have Gen1 set on PCIe link speed (found that here somewhere)
    I have IPGU monitor set to disable.

Any suggestions as to a different settings or a different Bios for the Mobo?

I don't suppose the bios' shown here matter as they are for the R9's?
    http://539eaf.ethosdistro.com/

You might also notice I had the RX 470's running on a different board (454925)( I screwed up and bought that board with only 4 PCIe slots :o ) (BSOD the whole time. Could watch via stats panel and ssh in with putty)

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
    If I get an answer from AS Rock I will let you know.

TIA
    Abe
    Post edited by Abcedarian on
    @Abcedarian
    How much RAM do you have on your rig?
    Are you trying to use both the R9 280 and RX 480?
    Are you powering the riser cables?
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Posts: 75Member
    @agent412 Thanks for the reply.

I have 4 mb Ram
    I am not mixing r9 and rx
    I am using powered risers. I have a few that I have been using. I have tried so many things. I tried 3 different cards direct to x16 and on riser. Will not post. Goes without trouble on R9 280 + 2x R9 390
    I am stumped.
    The AS Rock rep sent me a video of the H81 pro btc v2.0 working fine with an RX 470 8gb running. I wonder if there could be any difference between 4gb and 8gb? He said no.
    I wonder if there might be a Bios for h81 and rx 470?
    I am going to try another board. I am working with AS Rock to get another one or I might just try -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016I0X13I/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.
  • manotrollmanotroll Posts: 17Member
    what program I can use to mine eth?

I see that the program has a colorful interface that program and that?

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/lm/ts51ef4ha4y5.png
  • sleweyslewey Posts: 6Member
    claymore miner
  • TeampoolTeampool Posts: 15Member
    miner001 said:

I switched mining to dwarfpool now. How is mining with dwarfpool different from mining to an exchange like Poloniex? Still trying to understand this whole mining thing.

Instead of mining on a huge mining pool, why don't you join us @ teampool.

We are a brand new mining pool, you can have a try by pointing your miner to teampool.xyz:8818 for stratum mining.
  • prodigy2006prodigy2006 Posts: 15Member
    yeah well claymore overcharges with his fees, you ca easily setup genoil which is free to use, check out this link I found on youtube on genoil miner...

• tvasquezcasttvasquezcast Posts: 1Member
    Hello everyone, one doubt before starting with this project is: the difference of PCI-E 2.0 and 3.0 does not matter? Or is there a way to decode the data rate?