RX 470 mining

Comments

• orinityorinity SingaporeMember Posts: 84
    stefbeau said:

Hi guys

I have the following setup:

6x GPU Powercolor Red Devil RX 470 4 Gb. It used to run at around 160 MH/s up until today after Win 10 update that crashed my miner.

I had to deinstall/reinstall drivers and now I only get this:

ETH - Total Speed: 92.788 Mh/s, Total Shares: 19, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:18
    ETH: GPU0 12.761 Mh/s, GPU1 12.759 Mh/s, GPU2 28.994 Mh/s, GPU3 12.760 Mh/s, GPU4 12.761 Mh/s, GPU5 12.753 Mh/s

I used to have Profile in my MSI Afterburner app so that it was optimized for all cards, but now, only one seems to be set up (almost) correctly.

Am I missing something?

What settings would you use? Core Clock is 1130 and Memory Clock is 2100 as of now.

All of them flashed with BIOS mod? I had a recent case like this, had to uninstalled, reinstalled the drivers and downclock the problematic cards to fix it.
  • express_neonexpress_neon Member Posts: 1
    Hello everybody! Sorry, my English is bad.
    Can you recommend me to choose which RX470 card in the list below.
    HIS RX 470 IceQ X² OC 4GB
    MSI RX 470 Armor 4G OC (same price)
    I care much about temperature and energy, the ability to Bios mod. To get the MH / W performance.
    Thank for all!
  • bossko77bossko77 Member Posts: 1
    For people who cant find WattTool 0.92 ..I att. it
  • JustCauseJustCause Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone know who to tell that OC settings is "safe"?

I have RX 470 Sapphire Nitro 4G (no+) with Hynix memory and i can go as high as 28.8 without any errors or mining stops.

Here is image:

Temperature is ok, Fan speed is ok, but how to tell that GPU is not "overclocked" or set high values? There is no overheating also.

Also, how to use underwolt options correct? When i lower CoreClock power usage goes down. Is that enough or correct option for "underwolt"?
  • almirfiorioalmirfiorio Member Posts: 21
    Please help me

How you do to reach 28 mh/s in RX 470 Red Dragon ??

im have a Powercolor red dragon RX 470 samsung memory

Thanks
    Almir
    zorvalth said:

oakey22 said:

Got my red devil 4gb yesterday and set about overclocking it today.
    Getting 28 Eth and 310 SIA.

Which strap is that?
    the maximum I got in my rx 470 with memory of samsung was 27 mh / s, got better than that?

Guys i need your advice (i don t know what to do). I flash my msi 4gb version. Its works fine and give me 28 mhs. But sometimes card power of (mmm crashes driver?) and reboot my pc. Its happen randomly. Card can works all day fine but in next day again crash and then works fine all day again. So what i do wrong? i maxed power limite and set +1100 core clock and +2000 mem clock. Maybe +2000 is too high for msi version?. I don t know. Its happen randomly.

p.s i use msi afterburner for oc. my power supply is 600w.

Dear cscheat

im have powercolor RX 470 red dragon samsung memory

you copy 1500 to all times until 2000 ???

thanks
    Almir
    cscheat said:

kyledam said:

cscheat said:

Guys

Anybody getting a new batch of RX 470 4GB with samsung chip?

I have 30 PowerColor Red Dragon RX470 4GB and all of them are Samsung chip
    as usual, im using 1500 timing > 2000

my setting now is

1130Core @ 930mV
    2100Mem @ 930mv

Getting 29.2Mh/s per card

Mind to share yours ?
  • cyeedarcyeedar Member Posts: 2
    Need some advice on a 8GB Hynix 470 mining card I bought. The strap goes up to 0:2250 but the Max memory frequency seems to be at 2100?

I tried to change the max freq limit to 2250 and the card would stop mining, ie 0 Mh/s from the very moment Claymore starts. Thanks for any input!

• paiapaia Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I would like to know, which bios (OC or silent) should I use as a base for modifying the time straps on RX470 Nitro+? In this tutorial is used silent bios: http://1stminingrig.com/sapphire-rx-470-nitro-oc-4gb-bios-flash-mod-tutorial-hynix-elpida-samsung-micron/ , but why is he making copy of OC bios, when he flashes modded silent bios to silent bios (switch position)?
    cyeedar said:

Need some advice on a 8GB Hynix 470 mining card I bought. The strap goes up to 0:2250 but the Max memory frequency seems to be at 2100?

I tried to change the max freq limit to 2250 and the card would stop mining, ie 0 Mh/s from the very moment Claymore starts. Thanks for any input!

do not change these values, only the straps.
  • onis_ukonis_uk Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2017
    I've got my rig up and running again, and today messing about with Watt tool, ive managed to set my voltages under 900mV and took 10mV off the memory.

12 hours stable at 1150/2100 5 card rx470 rig 603W at the wall ! #boom

• gl2018gl2018 Member Posts: 2
    cyeedar said:

I would also like some advice for 8GB Hynix 470 (Armor)
    With bios mod and 1150 core and 1950 mem I get 26mh solo eth and 18mh dual eth/dcr. If I turn off dual mining for only the 470 leaving other 580 GB Hynix (Armor)'s on it does 23mh
    I am not changing voltage, HWiNFO shows 85W

Any one have any tips. Better Mods or OC?
  • midwestEmidwestE Member Posts: 9
    gl2018 said:

cyeedar said:

With bios mod and 1150 core and 1950 mem I get 26mh solo eth and 18mh dual eth/dcr. If I turn off dual mining for only the 470 leaving other 580 GB Hynix (Armor)'s on it does 23mh

i noticed my armor can't go over about 7 dcri while dial mining without affecting the hash rate
  • JoaonepJoaonep Member Posts: 1
    gl2018 said:

cyeedar said:

What mod do you got on your? to get the 26mh and is it stable... I have tried a few different ones and the oneI am using now is giving me the 25, well stable. My objective is 28 29 but is getting really hard to get there first it looks like people are buygin the 580 and other so not that many people modding this ones. 8gb Hynix..
  • alizalializali Member Posts: 28
    hi guys
    take a look at my GPU
    my card is sapphire 4GB elpida 11256-35-10G mining edition

why timing is not as usual
    does anyone have a bios mod for this card?
    right now with blockchain driver i have 22Mh/s
    wrong version of PBE
    rickjsr said:

mynick said:

This is Elpida!!!

can you upload your bios?
    take look at card
    it is 480 not 470
    now i have 28.5 Mh/s with gpu-z report 92~94 watt power usage

is it OK for RX470 sapphire mining Edition 4GB Elpida (11256-35)?
  • ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    alizali said:

I guess you can get a better hashrate, have you modded the bios ? Power consumption is ok but you can get better hashrate.. i got 30+ mhs with 8GB mining edition here, here is the report http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-rx-470-8gb-mining-edition-samsung-memory-29-30-mhs/#My_results_with_this_BIOS_ROM
  • biscuitfxbiscuitfx Member Posts: 4
    ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

I guess you can get a better hashrate, have you modded the bios ? Power consumption is ok but you can get better hashrate.. i got 30+ mhs with 8GB mining edition here, here is the report http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-rx-470-8gb-mining-edition-samsung-memory-29-30-mhs/#My_results_with_this_BIOS_ROM
    I have seen the report at the your Site, Ciprian...
    Very well done I must say... :):)

If I read correctly under the comments, you'll also be posting the stats for Radeon RX470 8gb Hynix Mining Edition Card?
    biscuitfx said:

ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

I have seen the report at the your Site, Ciprian...
    Very well done I must say... :):)

If I read correctly under the comments, you'll also be posting the stats for Radeon RX470 8gb Hynix Mining Edition Card?
    Yep, working on the article right now :) bios ready!
    final result
    cards: sapphire RX 470 4GB Elpida Mining Edition (11256-35)

driver: Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 can downloaded here:(click to download BlockChain driver)

patch cards one by one with this (Click to download the patch)

bios mode cards one by one with ATIflash(Click to download) : the bios i use is attached for you

use sapphire trixx (Click to download Sapphire Trixx)

with sapphire just we need to Undervolt each cards by -96mV
    the Core clock and Memory Clock is remained with out any change. actually the core and memory clock is preset in the BIOS.

use fix or custom fan speed (base on the place your rig is) to keep cards under 60C.
    mine is about 50C to 57C.

run Claymore and have fun
    hash rate for 7 cards is about 200Mh/s, each card is about 28.5Mh/s and very profitable power usage of 75 Watt

hash rate for 7 cards is about 200Mh/s, each card is about 28.5Mh/s and very profitable power usage of 75 Watt

email me for any help on " [email protected] yahoo.com" (spaces are for ant spam! remove them)

special thanks to My friend who i just know his nick name on Telegram App
    thank you PENTAhis profile image!!!

ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

my final result is above and 28.5 Mh/s for each card
    your link is 8G but mine is 4G cards
    maybe because of this we have a little changes
    is there any test with 11256-35 that is rx470-4GB elpida?

alizali said:

ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

Yeah, GB difference could be a reason, i never had the chance to test the 4GB edition :/ can we do a teamviewer session? :D
    ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

ciprianpt said:

alizali said:

Yeah, GB difference could be a reason, i never had the chance to test the 4GB edition :/ can we do a teamviewer session? :D
    yes
    why not
    contact me at my email [email protected] yahoo.com
    for time
    cscheat said:

Confirmed mining speed with RX 470

4GB = 20MH
    8GB = 25MH

maybe this is the reason with 4GB i can not go over 28.5MH/s

edited October 2017
    my cards was -96 undervolt and each consume 73~77 watt
    i reduce the undervolt to -200 and amazingly power go down to 60watt
    also temp is reduce averagely 5C
    hash rate does not any change
    does this under volt OK, not harmful for the cards?

update: seems NOT stable
    Post edited by alizali on
    update:
    29.5Mh/s with temp 50~60C with speed [email protected] 55% and power usage 75~79 watt (gpu-z)
    completely stable

• strellystrelly Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I've a Sapphire RX 470 4Gb reference model with Elpida RAM....could you tell me where to find a modified BIOS that will allow me to reach approx 27-28Mh/s? At the moment I can not go beyond 19-20Mh/s
    thank you very much for your support!
    strelly said:

Hi, I've a Sapphire RX 470 4Gb reference model with Elpida RAM....could you tell me where to find a modified BIOS that will allow me to reach approx 27-28Mh/s? At the moment I can not go beyond 19-20Mh/s
    thank you very much for your support!

go UP
    the complete instruction is there for 29.5Mh/s