51% attack pool against ETC

12346»

Comments

• campbell87campbell87 Member Posts: 100
    I was just thinkin about switching my miners to ETC after seeing the price rise so much but after reading these posts it just makes me realize that ETC is really just another one of those little speed bumps in Ethereums long road to becoming the number one crypto coin. Im stayin loyal to ETH.. Sooner ETC dies the better, Some smart cookie really should put together a mining pool to do a 51% attack on ETC and i bet it would go away very fast,
  • garrett92895garrett92895 Member Posts: 39
    @newmz not to mention all of the bots watching the address. As soon as that ETC moves (which could indicate the ETC going into an exchange wallet) people will know about it.
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    hmm a 51% attack? ETC is over a terahash
  • campbell87campbell87 Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2016

True but theres alot more than 1T/hs worth of ETH users who'd pay to see ETC disappear or devote miners for a day or so,
  • madsquirrelmadsquirrel Colorado, USAMember Posts: 38
    edited August 2016
    Also if you think about it......Now wouldn't be the time to do it. People are driving up the price of ETC which drives up the price of 51% because ETC is more profitable. I wouldn't be surprised if some people in this thread were currently mining ETC. When the price falls back down because it's less profitable they are usually mining ETC around 500-600MH/s. That would be the prime time to get in on the 51%.

I'm not sure what is happening right now per say with the prices but I don't feel its the forces of supply and demand that are changing the price in the market right now. Maybe it's that hacker driving up the price so he can sell for more money? When you have large market share in ETC, you can probably do a lot of fun things controlling the value of ETC. The problem is that driving the price of ETC up disrupts ETH quite a bit.
  • HashingTurtleHashingTurtle Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2016

@wirelessnet2 Yo Buddy! Ease up on the comments. My ETC profits are going from obscene to just rediculously high! He still only has a whopping 2 miners (probably his)
  • hushabubahushabuba Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2016
    Ya as of right now ETC 51% attack is nowhere near feasible
    Post edited by hushabuba on