non forking pools?

kwell42kwell42 Member Posts: 35
i am looking for pools that will mine on the blockchain without the fork, i am a miner, my job is to secure the blockchain. this is not a debate, maybe there is a list somewhere but i cant find it

Comments

• kwell42kwell42 Member Posts: 35
    i estimate 110 hours to get a list and hopefully it will will be 51% secure against the edit
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    There definitely seem to be more people and pools in favor of the fork at this point.
  • EtheresEtheres Member Posts: 76
    Your more than welcome to come and try Etheres, we are not for or against the fork but will be choosing whichever fork the majority mine on after the attempt is made.
  • newkidONdablocknewkidONdablock interwebzMember Posts: 121
    @kwell42
    from what i heard f2pool is a NOHF, they like you and me believe in the protocol and not some dao failed investments which need bailing out
    @newkidONdablock nah. https://m.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4t6pmi/f2pool_is_setting_a_dangerous_precedent_by/d5f6sga

Quoted:

Li Qiang: Right now F2Pool has not taken any kind of stance on the hard fork.
    Chandler Guo: No need to take a stance. We saw the vote and the result is to support a fork. So China's two large pools F2Pool and BW will of course support a fork.
    Winnie: Between the two of them the soft fork also took a long time. Their attitude was to look at everyone else's attitude.
  • kwell42kwell42 Member Posts: 35
    Well it looks like a lost cause but if you find any post them here
  • greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭
    @kwell42 you can pool mine on EthereumClassic (old chain) here: http://pool.ethereumclassic.com/#/
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    ...is there any advantage to mine/hold on the old chain? Isn´t it like VHS-Betamax-Video 2000 or HD DVD-BluRay, or like the Highlander said, "There Can Be Only One" in the end?
  • EtheresEtheres Member Posts: 76
    Anyone is more than welcome to mine on the other chain, but remember exchanges, services and other people will most likely only support one. So if you are mining on the other you will not be able to exchange or interact with those unless they specifically support that chain.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The exchanges will only support the majority chain. Poloniex said, for a short time, they would give you digital tokens to "commemorate" the minority chain, if you minded blocks, but they would be worthless for any other purpose.
    edited July 2016
    @Etheres Poloniex, Bitfinex, and Kraken — are going to offer/take both ether and classic ether
    Termie said:

...is there any advantage to mine/hold on the old chain? Isn´t it like VHS-Betamax-Video 2000 or HD DVD-BluRay, or like the Highlander said, "There Can Be Only One" in the end?

@Termie its a minable coin in is own right. And its about choice, right?

Miners Online: 12
    Pool Hash Rate: 1.13 GH
    Pool Fee: 0.9%
    Last Block Found: 3 hours ago
    Network Difficulty: 12.813 T
    Network Hash Rate: 889.82 GH
    Blockchain Height: 1,920,165
    Current Round Variance: 98%

I put up a thread for it with details, and it has been reported on in VB's magazine look,
    https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/rejecting-today-s-hard-fork-the-ethereum-classic-project-continues-on-the-original-chain-here-s-why-1469038808

I think its real interesting! And it pays to hedge and mine a bit of both, you never know who may value it, as it only takes a whale or two.

Also, VB fixed it that the new geth file can be run --support or --not support Dao fork, yes?
    Clever kiddy, he made two coins
  • shutfushutfu Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    oii that article gives me brain pain. Aren't all eth mined up to block 1920000 technically "ethereum classic", but also now with the fork, ethereum?
    Just be very careful if you decide to use both chains... A transaction from one chain can be re-broadcast on the other chain, so if you send EtherClassic coins to from address X to address Y, Ether can also be send from address X to address Y on the main chain.

@shutfu pretty much, yup.
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    greenuser said:

@Etheres Poloniex, Bitfinex, and Kraken — are going to offer/take both ether and classic ether

At this point in time, that just is not true.
    None of them have said they would list Ethereum Classic, some have said they might consider adding it.

Kraken:
    Will Kraken offer markets for the non-dominant chain? While we haven’t ruled this possibility out, we do not at the present time intend to offer trading markets for the non-dominant chain. In our view it could possibly take several weeks or more before it would even be safe to do this.

Bitfinex:
    It looks very unlikely that we'll add a ETC (ethereum classic) trading pair. As for deposits/withdrawals, we're still working on those.

Poloniex:
    In addition, for those interested in keeping their tokens from the losing blockchain as a keepsake, we will support a one-time withdrawal of the deprecated tokens, provided that the losing chain is still functional when you attempt a withdrawal. Specific instructions on how to access your tokens on the old chain to follow.

Only exchange that has added ETHC is Bitsquare: https://bitsquare.io/faq/#altcoins. Which is still a Beta version running on the Bitcoin mainnet.
    Besides, there's already a ETH "Classic", it's called Expanse, and it is supported by the exchanges. Although Expanse follows the Ethereum code base, they clearly had no need to do this HF. They say they will remain more or less (e.g. they have a different block time target) true to the code base until there's a reason not too. Personally, I've always thought that PoS will be one of those reasons, one of those Ethereum changes that Expanse will not implement. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. :)
    edited July 2016
    Smokyish said:

greenuser said:

None of them have said they would list Ethereum Classic, some have said they might consider adding it.
    Are you sure? Whats this then? https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc :o

@greenuser that's called 3 days later and things changed...

Not that ETC has any value. Garbage chain with very little security.
    So ethereum classic is under attack? A miner from the "bailed fork" is attacking the “immutable original"? I hope the Dao "attacker" is watching all of this and comes up with a counter attack plan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4ucgia/i_am_chandler_guo_a_51_attack_on_ethereum_classic/

It's getting quite ungentlemanly isn't it?
    Better than watching TV
    @greenuser You have a TV? I have one, but I never turn it on. :)
    LoL, @dlehenky no, i have no TV. I cannot afford the £150 annual licence fee nor the £1000 fine that they issue if you are caught watching without a licence. I do miss the TV though as it was something that i drew up with. I miss what it was like but not what it became. Things went down hill when the analogue was turned off and they allowed more than 3 channels. ;) But hay ho... we got the internet now.
    edited July 2016
    @greenuser "bailout" or "bailed" is a silly and loaded word to use to describe the hard-fork. There was no injection of funds, so no bailout by definition.

The losing fork is weak and attackable, there's nothing that can stop that except more miners. And IMO you're crazy to waste your time mining on the losing fork. Winning fork is 62x times stronger since the fork. I'd say that at this point, mining on the old chain is both irresponsible and ungentlemanly.
    @work i am currently minig Feathercoin untl the storm blows over. When a web based wallet comes out for ETC.... then i will pool mine it. I don't want the ethereum blockchaine running on my machines anymore. I can just about live with the mining software.
  • daboehladaboehla Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2016
    If you want to secure the network, mine on my pool. Very tiny ;)
    www.ethteam.com

Stratum: etc.ethteam.com:8008
  • GoldenGolden Member Posts: 1
    Gosh look away for 2 days and total madness :)! Hi I'm new to the forum, just want to know what is the plan with the ETH & ETC. is there a discussion I can check out?
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    greenuser said:

Smokyish said:

greenuser said:

Are you sure? Whats this then? https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc :o

Yes, things change, at that time the info was that they might consider it, they did, and now two big exchanges are listing it, for some, money makes the world go round :wink:
    Golden said:

Gosh look away for 2 days and total madness :)! Hi I'm new to the forum, just want to know what is the plan with the ETH & ETC. is there a discussion I can check out?

The hard-fork chain won. I expect EthC to fade into non-existance pretty quickly.