'Plz Help me' What OS and AMD driver use !!

mool_manmool_man Posts: 47Member
hello,

i have 4 cards (2x r9 390x asus + r9 290x msi + r9 290 sapphire), with mobo asrock z87 formula + psu 1400w
i install win8 + amd crimson 15.12,

they don't want to work together :( !! i have an message from amd driver " amd display driver does not respond " ,
but with 2x r9 390x asus they work fine .

are they any solution !!?

Please help me , thx

Answers

• boysieboysie Posts: 536Member ✭✭✭
    16.1.1 used to work for me with 390 and 290

boysie
  • mool_manmool_man Posts: 47Member
    boysie said:

boysie

but with amd driver 16 we don't have a 100% of hashpower of gpus !!
  • chrizzochrizzo GermanyPosts: 104Member
    What are your temps? When you insert 4 cards on this board, you dont have much air space, or did you use risers? All GPUs have a own pcie string? Which miner software u use? i hope you dont connect them with crossfire!
  • boysieboysie Posts: 536Member ✭✭✭
    mool_man said:

boysie said:

boysie

16.1.1 installs the 15.x driver still...don't confuse crimson version with driver version they are different.

Boysie

edited July 2016
    boysie said:

mool_man said:

boysie said:

boysie

16.1.1 installs the 15.x driver still...don't confuse crimson version with driver version they are different.

Boysie

Ok , so what will i do ? i don't install the catalyst driver , i just instal amd crimson 15.12
    Post edited by mool_man on
    chrizzo said:

What are your temps? When you insert 4 cards on this board, you dont have much air space, or did you use risers? All GPUs have a own pcie string? Which miner software u use? i hope you dont connect them with crossfire!

i use ethminer and my gpus are between 90 - 80 c ( its normal for amd )
  • texsalimtexsalim indiaPosts: 17Member
    format your pc and install driver and do not crishmiss version install and any update from
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Posts: 504Member ✭✭
    Use Windows 10 with Crimson 15.12 and that's pretty hot! I like mine to be in 60's make sure you got room and turn fan speed up
  • PCRGMPCRGM Posts: 43Member
    Actually, It's generally best to use Windows 7 to mine, because it has the most compatibility with the drivers. Also, window 10 handles information requests for the GPU differently than windows 7 does, and although it is better for a lot of things, it can result in lower hashrates for mining.
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Posts: 132Member ✭✭
    Windows 10 here. 90 Mh/s via 3x 390s.

I don't think that's valid anymore.
  • hasherhasher Posts: 642Member ✭✭✭
    @PCRGM LOL where do you get your information from? First hand experience? I have a whole bunch of Windows 10 rigs (upgraded from win7/8.1) and they have never run better or more stable. Crimson 16.7.2 drivers work just as fast as 15.12, with the addition of support for the newer 470/480 cards. To those of you who are looking for a newer alternative to 15.12, use 16.7.2. And Windows 10 is the best windows platform for mining IMO - and i've been mining for quite some time now.
  • hasherhasher Posts: 642Member ✭✭✭
    Of course, if you want the most reliable and trouble free setup, without having to bother about drivers and shit, use EthOS. You can literally setup a rig from scratch and have it up and running within 10 minutes. I have a bunch of those running on some rigs too, and they're running great, and with only 4GB of RAM too!
  • wazmigs2902wazmigs2902 Posts: 7Member
    hd is always full due to HTML5 storage.. need to configure that badly. having a hard time.