GTX1070 Linux installation and mining clue (Goodbye AMD, Welcome NVidia for miners)

124»

Comments

• demidborodindemidborodin Posts: 4Member
    Hello again, i got new problem, every time when i use command - cmake, i'm got error.

Cmake Erorr: The source directory "home/silver/cpp-ethereum/build@ does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

i'm googlied this probleb but can't found answer, help plz.
  • BasementRotBasementRot Posts: 17Member

Hello again, i got new problem, every time when i use command - cmake, i'm got error.

Cmake Erorr: The source directory "home/silver/cpp-ethereum/build@ does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

i'm googlied this probleb but can't found answer, help plz.

cmake -DBUNDLE=cudaminer -DCOMPUTE=61 ..

you need the ..
    that tells cmake to look in the directory up one from current location
    kind of like the "cd .." command
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Posts: 152Member ✭✭
    @demidborodin - Just use Win10 if your still having issues with setting up Ubuntu. I just converted my Linux box to Win10 and everything is working like a charm since the driver issues were fixed
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Posts: 58Member
    for the GTX10xx and win10 yes ... all the other stuff like gtx 970 still boggy with the new driver
  • techtottechtot Posts: 260Member ✭✭
    I am getting 210W from the wall and 25Mh/s , win 7 x64 with a 1070 FE. I will look , but is this the wattage I can expect, or can I undervolt mem/gpu ?
  • fosil100fosil100 Posts: 6Member
    after installing cuda im getting the following messsage flashing at me repeatedly :

Failed to Apply ACL on /dev/dri/card0 : no such file or directory.

it wont let me log in or do anything :/

anyone know the fix?
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Posts: 152Member ✭✭
    fosil100 said:

after installing cuda im getting the following messsage flashing at me repeatedly :

Failed to Apply ACL on /dev/dri/card0 : no such file or directory.

it wont let me log in or do anything :/

anyone know the fix?

This happens when you install the old drivers on top of the newer drivers that aren't compatible with the Pascal cards. When you install Cuda 8, just install the toolkit and not the entire package.
  • owocki_minerowocki_miner Posts: 4Member
    Hi there folks.

I am running Ubuntu Linux with 6 GTX 1070s and am having some problems overclocking my GPUs per this guide. See below output:

https://gist.github.com/owocki/0c0019d72f6088f282d0ca0d48653a42

Note the following error messages:
    Setting applications clocks is not supported for GPU 0000:02:00.0.
    Treating as warning and moving on.

'[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[0]=200' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).

Here are the specs of my rig:

https://gist.github.com/owocki/63c30ad64de933efcf8654f3ef26fcf9

Can anyone tell me what I might do to get my GPUGraphicsClockOffset and GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset to update?

Thanks,
    @owocki
  • owocki_minerowocki_miner Posts: 4Member
    Figured this out. For anyone finding this via google, reposting from a reddit/r/nvidia thread where I got the answer.

```
    You may need to update your driver, latest linux is 375.20, pascal overclocking was introduced in 370.x, and it seems you are using 367.57.
    ```
  • AlpacaBrosAlpacaBros Posts: 4Member
    I know this is an old thread but can anyone tell me if this will work on the Nvidia Telsa M2075 cards? Thanks