GTX1070 Linux installation and mining clue (Goodbye AMD, Welcome NVidia for miners)

124

Comments

  • demidborodindemidborodin Member Posts: 4
    Hello again, i got new problem, every time when i use command - cmake, i'm got error.

    Cmake Erorr: The source directory "home/silver/cpp-ethereum/build@ does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

    i'm googlied this probleb but can't found answer, help plz.
  • BasementRotBasementRot Member Posts: 17

    Hello again, i got new problem, every time when i use command - cmake, i'm got error.

    Cmake Erorr: The source directory "home/silver/cpp-ethereum/build@ does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

    i'm googlied this probleb but can't found answer, help plz.

    cmake -DBUNDLE=cudaminer -DCOMPUTE=61 ..

    you need the ..
    that tells cmake to look in the directory up one from current location
    kind of like the "cd .." command
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    @demidborodin - Just use Win10 if your still having issues with setting up Ubuntu. I just converted my Linux box to Win10 and everything is working like a charm since the driver issues were fixed
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    for the GTX10xx and win10 yes ... all the other stuff like gtx 970 still boggy with the new driver
  • techtottechtot Member Posts: 314 ✭✭
    I am getting 210W from the wall and 25Mh/s , win 7 x64 with a 1070 FE. I will look , but is this the wattage I can expect, or can I undervolt mem/gpu ?
  • fosil100fosil100 Member Posts: 11
    after installing cuda im getting the following messsage flashing at me repeatedly :

    Failed to Apply ACL on /dev/dri/card0 : no such file or directory.

    it wont let me log in or do anything :/

    anyone know the fix?
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    fosil100 said:

    after installing cuda im getting the following messsage flashing at me repeatedly :

    Failed to Apply ACL on /dev/dri/card0 : no such file or directory.

    it wont let me log in or do anything :/

    anyone know the fix?

    This happens when you install the old drivers on top of the newer drivers that aren't compatible with the Pascal cards. When you install Cuda 8, just install the toolkit and not the entire package.
  • owocki_minerowocki_miner Member Posts: 4
    Hi there folks.

    I am running Ubuntu Linux with 6 GTX 1070s and am having some problems overclocking my GPUs per this guide. See below output:

    https://gist.github.com/owocki/0c0019d72f6088f282d0ca0d48653a42

    Note the following error messages:
    Setting applications clocks is not supported for GPU 0000:02:00.0.
    Treating as warning and moving on.
    
           '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[0]=200' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).
    
    Here are the specs of my rig:

    https://gist.github.com/owocki/63c30ad64de933efcf8654f3ef26fcf9


    Can anyone tell me what I might do to get my GPUGraphicsClockOffset and GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset to update?

    Thanks,
    @owocki
  • owocki_minerowocki_miner Member Posts: 4
    Figured this out. For anyone finding this via google, reposting from a reddit/r/nvidia thread where I got the answer.

    ```
    You may need to update your driver, latest linux is 375.20, pascal overclocking was introduced in 370.x, and it seems you are using 367.57.
    ```
  • AlpacaBrosAlpacaBros Member Posts: 4
    I know this is an old thread but can anyone tell me if this will work on the Nvidia Telsa M2075 cards? Thanks
  • TouhoNoobTouhoNoob Member Posts: 1
    edited May 30
    Great article. Is the 1800+ overclock on GDDR stable for a year?
  • SiddiusSiddius Member Posts: 14
    TouhoNoob said:

    Great article. Is the 1800+ overclock on GDDR stable for a year?

    He said in his post that its not stable ...

  • ZeroHour682ZeroHour682 Member Posts: 5
    i haven't been able to get more than 29 out of my evga 1070s
    if i got much more than +100/500 it fails, but i also undervlting to 85/90 tpd
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57
    My settings are 99% power, +23 clock, +601 mem. Average 6x30 with temps of 59-64 @ 900 watts total. Running 1 medium sized floor fan at 120 watts to cool. Perfectly stable, consistent, and cool.
  • BrucelatsBrucelats Member Posts: 23
    I dont know how you made to get this running but i spent whole day trying to set this up. I installed all, even tough it wasnt as smooth and in the end when i ran nvidia-smi nothing shown up lol, i'm desperate.
  • shubham7392shubham7392 Member Posts: 31
    whats the peak of gtx1070's hash rate
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57
    I should update that better setting for me are now, 81% power, +35 clock, +655 mem. Reduces temp and wattage.
  • rfrassonrfrasson Member Posts: 1
    Hi, this post really helped me a lot setting things up.
    I would add this command line settings after installing nvidia drivers / cuda:
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=12
    Reboot
    Then run script to overclock

    Detailed guide from nvidia ( must see ):
    http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/index.html#installation-guides
  • BrucelatsBrucelats Member Posts: 23
    rfrasson said:

    Hi, this post really helped me a lot setting things up.
    I would add this command line settings after installing nvidia drivers / cuda:
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=12
    Reboot
    Then run script to overclock

    Detailed guide from nvidia ( must see ):
    http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/index.html#installation-guides

    Well did you manage to hit his benchmarks or what? Anyone able to run stable 31-33 MH/s on Linux with GTX 1070? My best is around 29.5 average per GPU. I have some gpus at 29 and some at 30.5, stable, cool and with not much fan %, around 50-70%

    But not able to get higher. Altough i am using Claymore instead Genoils, but i heard Claymore is better then Genoils, and uses Genoils features and CUDA.
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    The guide in general also works fine running 12x GTX 1070 at 32,4MH/s each.

    Make sure you check SMI and drivers to be the very latest (!)
  • savskiisavskii Member Posts: 1
    Brucelats said:

    rfrasson said:

    Hi, this post really helped me a lot setting things up.
    I would add this command line settings after installing nvidia drivers / cuda:
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --enable-all-gpus
    sudo nvidia-xconfig --cool-bits=12
    Reboot
    Then run script to overclock

    Detailed guide from nvidia ( must see ):
    http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/index.html#installation-guides

    Well did you manage to hit his benchmarks or what? Anyone able to run stable 31-33 MH/s on Linux with GTX 1070? My best is around 29.5 average per GPU. I have some gpus at 29 and some at 30.5, stable, cool and with not much fan %, around 50-70%

    But not able to get higher. Altough i am using Claymore instead Genoils, but i heard Claymore is better then Genoils, and uses Genoils features and CUDA.
    Hi Brucelats, yea i manage to get 32 stable using Ubuntu 14 & 16 but not using this guide and not using ethminer. Mr kruisdraad claims to hit 37M using his GTX1070 but i ain't seen any proof or snapshots of this so will disregard his claim.

    I use Claymore which is more stable and in fact faster.

    Let me know where your stuck and I will try and help

    Cheers
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 140
    I have a MSI GTX 1070 Armor which I bought last year before knowing anything about mining. I'm running it under Win10, ethminer last version, +900Mhz memory clock (Samsung), 70% power and I get a stable 32-33MH/s. Power output is around 190W (GPU + all the rest).

    I now have bought a couple of GTX 1060 around 200€ to try to build a real rig and free up my normal computer.
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 140
    And forgot to say that temperature is stable around 60°C, it used to be around 55°C but days are also much warmer (25 to 30°) so it doesn't help.
  • rio7479rio7479 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, any of you get good result ETH mining using GTX1080. What is the hashrate (unbuntu) with what memory clock?

    Current setting:

    __CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
    MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1300

    only get 24Mh/s

    I did try MEMORY_OVERCLOC to 1500 in less than 1 minutes system hang.






  • shubham7392shubham7392 Member Posts: 31
    Maggx said:

    Buying GTX 1070 just for the mining is wasting money ,But if you have two of them in SLI for the gaming purposes and mining during the rest of day That's good idea

    waste ?
    m getting 33.7 mh which is stable
  • sharkyonesharkyone Member Posts: 1
    @shubham7392
    can you please share how to get 33.7 with a 1070? Im pretty interested, because I only get about 29 with my GTX 1070 Strix OC overclocked.
  • PMmeyourBTCPMmeyourBTC UK BristolMember Posts: 50
    rio7479 said:

    Hi guys, any of you get good result ETH mining using GTX1080.
    only get 24Mh/s

    You won't much else out of it. The 1080 is not a mining GPU, great for gaming.

    More details here
  • zuzuxzuzux Member Posts: 34
    so u switching to 1070 cause it was 28mh and draw more power for it (200+) ?
    why not wait for rx vega for same power u get 50+ mh ??
  • jimmykljimmykl Member Posts: 5
    You're doing it wrong if you're using 200+ on a 1070 for 28MH/s
  • bigZ2137bigZ2137 Member Posts: 16
    edited July 31
    6x 1070 rig here, at 31,5MH/s 830w from wall for the whole rig (eth+sia)
    Post edited by bigZ2137 on
Sign In or Register to comment.