Alpereum.ch - New Professional Ether Mining Pool

Comments

• michidamichida Posts: 31Member
    you are right the pool luck ist pretty bad since a few days, hope it will come back ...
    i also have rejected shares way more often then on other pools ... told that to the customer support allready, i think they are working on it
  • AtrocityAtrocity Posts: 46Member
    They have fixed the rejected shares on the USA server I have had 1 rejected share in 24 hours. So they are probably working on it for the other servers to.
  • OilidOilid Posts: 68Member
    In europe it s still a big problem ... I am a beginner miner just mined few day on ethermine and tried this pool ... I see a clear difference.

Let's finish those 72 hours test and see how it goes.

Otherwise the website of alpereum is really good.
  • TermieTermie Posts: 130Member
    just noticed that Alpereum uses several static diff ports.

Multiple Static Diff Ports:
    3000 - 500 Million Diff
    3001 - 1 Billion Diff
    3002 - 2 Billion Diff
    3003 - 3 Billion Diff
    3004 - 4 Billion Diff
    3005 - 5 Billion Diff
    3006 - 6 Billion Diff
    3007 - 7 Billion Diff
    3008 - 8 Billion Diff
    3009 - 9 Billion Diff
    3010 - 10 Billion Diff

what is the sense of these static diff ports?
    Which one is recommended for ~88-90 MH/s?
  • workwork Posts: 2,077Member ✭✭✭✭
    Cool to see the various diff ports supported. Nice feature.

@Termie it's partly a matter of personal preference. For under 100MH/s, 1Bil or 500mil is probably good.

The lower the target the more often you'll be submitting shares - this means lower target has less variance, but takes more bandwidth, and possibly increases mining software delays at higher hashrates.
  • OilidOilid Posts: 68Member
    Hi, the statistic page and the payout doesn t work again?
  • densetsdensets Posts: 69Member
    the graph being 4 days 21 hours is weird , been mining there for 2 weeks but its less stable than ethermine
    :(
    densets said:

the graph being 4 days 21 hours is weird , been mining there for 2 weeks but its less stable than ethermine

Alpereum is a much smaller pool compared to ethermine so far, so variance will be a lot higher. If by stable you mean connection problems, then I suggest contacting their support!
  • BitcoinSuisseAGBitcoinSuisseAG Baar, Zug, SwitzerlandPosts: 37Member
    edited July 2016
    We are proud to announce that we have a second round of Feedback Rewards!

Check out the post below for more information!

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8221/alpereum-ch-feedback-rewards-v-2-variable-difficulty-and-multiple-static-ports#latest
    michida said:

you are right the pool luck ist pretty bad since a few days, hope it will come back ...
    i also have rejected shares way more often then on other pools ... told that to the customer support allready, i think they are working on it

Atrocity said:

They have fixed the rejected shares on the USA server I have had 1 rejected share in 24 hours. So they are probably working on it for the other servers to.

Oilid said:

In europe it s still a big problem ... I am a beginner miner just mined few day on ethermine and tried this pool ... I see a clear difference.

Let's finish those 72 hours test and see how it goes.

Otherwise the website of alpereum is really good.

Reject/Invalid shares have been addressed and are at a much lower rate then they were before. We appreciate the feedback and concern! This was one of our biggest concerns when we implemented our latest update.
    densets said:

Currently we are still unsure of how much graph data we want to keep on record, whether it be all data and archive it or to keep 5-7 days. This is something we are hoping to receive more feedback about in our Round 2 Feedback Program.

We do apologize about any stability issues you may have had, there was a few pool restarts mainly due to the release of the fork voting and then we had to retract the fork voting due to the vulnerability. The pool is stable and operating fine now, the only foreseeable future restart/downtime may be when the Ethereum community decides on the fork.

If you have any other issues, questions, comments or concerns feel free to contact us through our support system and we will be glad to help you!

/The Alpereum Team
    Swiss Crypto Mining
    info@alpereum.ch

edited July 2016
    Hello Everyone,

The round 2 feedback reward program is now officially closed.

The program was a great success and we have learned a lot from our participates. We look forward to having yet another feedback reward program in the future. Please check for updates!

A big thanks to all miners that participated.

/The Alpereum Team
    Swiss Crypto Mining
    info@alpereum.ch
  • TermieTermie Posts: 130Member
    I remember when I join the pool the first time all was fine, average was 1.20 blocks/hour. Great for such a little pool. But of course the last weeks (stopped mining there, but checked it every day) pool "luck" was abysmal day by day. So you mean, someone from outside found a way to cheat pools? Cause I wouldn´t believe that the pool itself try to cheat - sooner or later all miners would quit mining then.
  • densetsdensets Posts: 69Member
    luck is 75% right now :(
    edited July 2016
    The displayed luck average is calculated from the last 100 blocks (7 days+ right now). Given the relatively low hashrate, and the couple of seriously bad luck periods when you scroll back over the last 100 blocks (there were 2+ days right in the middle of those 7 days where most rounds had very bad luck), it looks fairly normal to me.

If they were showing luck over say, the last 24hr, it would be well over 100% right now
    (172% luck over the last 14 blocks, to be exact). So, if you were mining for the last 24hr, you would have gotten 72% more then expected...

Edit: just checked stats again - 283% luck in the last 24hr now (although there were 2 uncles in there, so speaking against full block rewards, a bit lower). That means mining for the last 24hr on Alp would have netted you 183% more then expected.

Luck comes and goes boys... The way alp is reporting luck over a certain number of blocks is part of the problem here. Reporting over a time period (or a few time periods - 1 day, 3 days, 1 week maybe?) would probably be a better idea. Getting annoyed and/or paranoid at a fairly low hashrate pool being below average luck for a week or so is a bit silly IMO.
    Post edited by work on
    edited July 2016
    bitcanuck said:

I stopped mining on this pool a few days ago. Pool luck had been between 80 and 85% for almost a week, and I suspected someone found a way to cheat the pool. Even before this, I thought the pool might be open to cheating given the way they are set up. As this cheat technique applies to all pools, I'm going to make a post explaining how it works.

Are you talking about submitting the same block header hash across multiple ports? Or someone attempting to steal the solution and apply it to their own solo mining operation (with multiple ports making it easier)? We assure you this is an issue we spent weeks looking into before we opened multiple ports to the public and something we actively monitor for. There has not been a single instance of this happening, even with our developers and some outside help attempting to do it. We even attempted to "steal blocks" with machines on the same LAN with almost no latency factor and we were still not able to exploit the pool. We are confident that this exploit is currently not possible on Alpereum.

Termie said:

I remember when I join the pool the first time all was fine, average was 1.20 blocks/hour. Great for such a little pool. But of course the last weeks (stopped mining there, but checked it every day) pool "luck" was abysmal day by day. So you mean, someone from outside found a way to cheat pools? Cause I wouldn´t believe that the pool itself try to cheat - sooner or later all miners would quit mining then.

The difficulty is currently greater than it was back then, leading to less blocks found with the same amount of hashrate.

work said:

The displayed luck average is calculated from the last 100 blocks (7 days+ right now). Given the relatively low hashrate, and the couple of seriously bad luck periods when you scroll back over the last 100 blocks (there were 2+ days right in the middle of those 7 days where most rounds had very bad luck), it looks fairly normal to me.

If they were showing luck over say, the last 24hr, it would be well over 100% right now
    (172% luck over the last 14 blocks, to be exact). So, if you were mining for the last 24hr, you would have gotten 72% more then expected...

Edit: just checked stats again - 283% luck in the last 24hr now (although there were 2 uncles in there, so speaking against full block rewards, a bit lower). That means mining for the last 24hr on Alp would have netted you 183% more then expected.

Luck comes and goes boys... The way alp is reporting luck over a certain number of blocks is part of the problem here. Reporting over a time period (or a few time periods - 1 day, 3 days, 1 week maybe?) would probably be a better idea. Getting annoyed and/or paranoid at a fairly low hashrate pool being below average luck for a week or so is a bit silly IMO.

We are currently working on selectable luck periods on our performance page and possibly displaying the default pool luck over a shorter period of time.

/The Alpereum Team
    Swiss Crypto Mining
    info@alpereum.ch
    Post edited by BitcoinSuisseAG on
  • dlehenkydlehenky Posts: 2,249Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bitcanuck I posed this question to them weeks ago, and after checking with their devs, they said they were well aware of it and had it covered. Just letting you know what they said.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaPosts: 299Member ✭✭✭
    @dlehenky @bitcanuck did you ever work out whether they are or are not immune to this form of cheating? I just switched to this pool to get away from ETC pools so I've been reading any posts about them I can find.
  • dephcondephcon Posts: 39Member
    Heya!

I like your stats page a lot, but do you have plans for API access? Eventually i want to build my own site with ROI/etc to track my rigs.
    edited August 2016
    bitcanuck said:

I'm guessing you don't bother to read the other threads?
    http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8663/static-vardiff-pool-exploit-cheat

Since you are so confident that the pool is safe from exploits, do I have your permission to test it?

Purposely exploiting the pool on your own will result in a permanent ban. If you are by chance interested in testing it the right way, you can contact us properly through one of our communication channels (email, phone, or zendesk) and we can talk further.

Anyone that is involved in the technology field, whether it be crypto or more mainstream items understand that any piece of software or network has vulnerabilities no matter what automated protections are put in place. The complexity of the type of exploit you are describing would be difficult to put in practice effectively, and the chances of getting caught red-handed by one of our technicians is high.
    dephcon said:

Heya!

I like your stats page a lot, but do you have plans for API access? Eventually i want to build my own site with ROI/etc to track my rigs.

Having a publicly available API is in the development roadmap, so you will see this feature soon. We do apologize for the lack of this basic feature.

Post edited by BitcoinSuisseAG on
    Hello @BitcoinSuisseAG - I have posted a question elsewhere for general discussion, but I guess it's only fair to ask you directly - why is your uncle rate pretty high? Is it just bad luck? Or your location with respect to the magority of other pools who are probably in China or Russia?
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Posts: 625Member ✭✭✭
    newmz said:

Hello @BitcoinSuisseAG - I have posted a question elsewhere for general discussion, but I guess it's only fair to ask you directly - why is your uncle rate pretty high? Is it just bad luck? Or your location with respect to the magority of other pools who are probably in China or Russia?

cc: @BitcoinSuisseAG
    Here is a link to that question thread: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/8908/high-uncle-rate-at-alpereum
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Posts: 625Member ✭✭✭
    newmz said:

After 48 hrs I'm about ~.4 ETH under my projected average which equates to ~7% -- not bad. Considering these are averages and the sample period is only 48 hrs, it just as easily could have ended up .4 ETH (~7%) above.

Will keep going and see how it smooths out over the next couple of days. Regardless, it looks like it's pretty much inline with expectations. When considering the lower hashrate, the average variance is to be expected.
    edited August 2016
    @bitcanuck I hope you would work with them. As a member of the pool I think you should get a decent bounty if you can exploit the pool and show them how. In proportion to how much you could get away with if you didn't work with them.
    @bitcanuck @BitcoinSuisseAG said
    If you are by chance interested in testing it the right way, you can contact us properly through one of our communication channels (email, phone, or zendesk) and we can talk further.

-that to me suggests that they are open to discussing it with you at least. Your sinister sentence
    So now when the pool luck stats are poor, you won't know if it is just a normal variation, or if the pool is being exploited...
    makes me uncomfortable but I guess if you have the skills to pull this off I can understand why you might want to do it... I'd just prefer that you put your "white hat" on and don't use the dark side of the force.

There are tons of assholes out there on bitcoin forums watching this forum and cherrypicking stuff just to try to make us - the so called "Ethereum Community" look bad. I just had an argument with some dude on one lately who said that Ethereum was poisonous and corrrupt (I'm paraphrasing) and I tried to point out that we voted on a hard fork because it was the "right thing to do" because stealing is wrong.

I guess you can do a lot with whatever technical skills you seem to have, I'm just trying to encourage you to use those skills to make things better for all of us, rather than just better for you and whoever you might sell the exploit coded miner to. Maybe I'm naive but I think you really can improve any community by acting in the best interests of the community as a whole, rather than each individual just trying to get the most out of it for themselves that they can. Whatever though - I do understand the appeal of succeeding by being smarter than other people and you could say that if they can't secure against your attack they deserve it, but I for one would have much more respect for you if you help rather than rip and run.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭
    The Pool payout seems fine.
    I will switch a second small rig to this Pool and will look how it works.
    @bitcanuck ok, fair enough. I am surprised to know that they didn't bother to contact you at all. I guess they have to show a public face of confidence in their security. I notice that their luck figures have been gradually decreasing and their hashrate made a sudden drop today. I don't pretend to understand what your exploit does or how it will manifest itself but if you are currently running it then maybe you are the reason for the drop in luck? Obviously I don't expect you to respond to that.
    I realize that Ethereum isn't significant in the grand scheme of things, but you and I are both part of it and I was just trying to appeal to you on that basis. What you do with your intellect is your business . I would just prefer it if you used it to make Ethereum better because that's the only thing we have in common.
    @bitcanuck ok no problem. slapped down. We are all human. Even you. If you think you are not guided by emotions you are either autistic or kidding yourself.
  • Uros09Uros09 Posts: 7Member
    This pool should change name from Alpereum to APEreum pool, because I feel like APE with 0.08 ETH from 8 until 15:50 o'oclock. On previous pool I used I would have 0.21 at least by now.
  • ShawnYShawnY Posts: 58Member
    Something is wrong with this pool
    ShawnY said:

Something is wrong with this pool

What do you mean? Everything looks fine to me, and the last day or two has had some periods of excellent luck.

--

@Uros09 comparing income over less then 8 hours is completely rediculous. Alpereum doesn't have ~100GH/s+, so variance takes a longer time to even out. Try mining for a few days and then making a comparison.