Ethpool Cheating users

AetsenAetsen Member Posts: 30
I noticed this tonight. The top user was paid out over 8 mins ago, but was kept at the top over 20 mins after receiving their block reward and gaining extra shares and causing others to have to hash longer to get credits for a block. They may be stealing Eth blocks from miners.

Comments

• AetsenAetsen Member Posts: 30
    On further analysis I have found the account is a dummy transfer account to a holding account. 0xC35317308210CEde9aF6388c652754952a6c4322 They are holding 6.16176344 e-10 Ether. It is then transferred in small amounts to 0x32Be343B94f860124dC4fEe278FDCBD38C102D88 Poloniex (Cold Wallet) and sold. Seem's fishy to me.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @Aetsen You really should try to be fully informed before you start slinging public accusations around. You clearly don't understand how ethpool works. First of all, after a block is found by the pool, the pool waits for 10 block confirmations before it is awarded to the miner. That can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes or so, depending on how fast the network is mining blocks at the time. During that time, the miner, who is still hashing away for the pool, continues to accumulate credits, as he should. Secondly, if the miner gets an uncle, instead of a full block, he receives the uncle but continues to accrue credits until a full block is found *and* confirmed, and the miner receives that block in addition to the uncle. Obviously, there can be a big time gap between the uncle and the next block, plus confirmations. This latter feature of the pool was put in place specifically to help smaller miners that may take days to reach the top, only to get an uncle. All of what I have said above is clearly described on the Web site, so you might want to spend some time reading before you speak ill of what is, in my experience, the most professionally and fairly operated pool on the Ethereum network.
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Please familiarize yourself how the payout mechanism works, @dlehenky explained it in an excellent way. The pool is not cheating anybody nor are we associated with any of the mentioned addresses.
    Sure and I guess you two aren't buddies either since you posted so close together. That's the policy right deny everything.
    @Aetsen Why? Just because I read and inform myself, and I've mined on the pool for over 2 months and have had nothing but good results? Do you think I'd mine with my 20 rigs on a pool that I thought was cheating me? Do you think that with 20 rigs I wouldn't pay very close attention to how the pool is run? Why don't you just admit that you didn't know what you were talking about, rather than continue to randomly accuse anyone that disagrees with your uniformed drivel?
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    If you monitor the pool you will eventually realize that every miner is treated equally.
    Deny to the very end.
    Have a great day!
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    @aetsen It is my opinion that ethpool is the most fair of all pools, I am very happy with it.

@dr_pra I would not worry too much about uninformed people. People who are mining at your pool will not switch away because some guy on a forum made baseless accusations. They will do their own research before taking any action (like me).
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Guys ignore him its probably some kid who can't do math or doesn't understand how ETH mining works.
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    @dr_pra I have a lot of experience in UX/UI: I think you should remove all explanations regarding payouts and just say "Payouts on this pool happen every 5 ETH. If you would like to customize your payout, try ethermine.org"
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Aetsen said:

I noticed this tonight. The top user was paid out over 8 mins ago, but was kept at the top over 20 mins after receiving their block reward and gaining extra shares and causing others to have to hash longer to get credits for a block. They may be stealing Eth blocks from miners.

You can see right in his own screenshots that the reward that miner received "8 minutes ago" was an uncle block, so the miner is just waiting for his full block now. Not sure what's so hard to figure out...sounds like the OP may need to move over to ethermine instead
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Staying at the top is actually a negative for whatever miner is mining. His credits don't reset until he's actually paid? Unless I'm missing something even though it's bad for the person at the time they get paid (it would be better to have the credits reset and start building up again) it's going to all even out as the guy at the top is going to have the same disadvantage as you while you're working your way up.
    @rdnkjdi When the top miner receives his block he starts again with the credits he has at the time of the block (confirmed) minus the credits of the miner behind him, so he is carrying forward some credits for the next round.
  • rdnkjdirdnkjdi Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    @dlehenky Thank you for the explanation - makes sense.