Strange behaviour of my mining rig

un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
edited April 2016 in Mining
Hello guys, hope some1 could have an idea whats wrong with my mining rig.

1st issue:

currently i am mining with qtminer @ethermine.org via stratum. everythings fine except that i am getting 90-100 MH (as shown on the Balance page). qtminer shows always around 100 MH. My cards should produce 110 MH though. is it normal, that the deviation is so big?! mining with claymore shows the full 110 MH

2nd issue:

before qtminer i used ethminer and everything was fine. after switching to qtminer and using it for some weeks i tried tried yesterday ethminer again. some minutes after GPUs were under load my mining rig just switched off and restarted. Thought it was PSU issue, but why is qtminer working fine?
same happens when i use Claymores miner. are global and local variables not set correctly in ethminer and calymore miner, or am i missing something?

3rd issue:
as soon as i start qtmienr or ethminer my CPU Load skyrockets to 100% while actions on DAG are being done. As soon as mapping in big chunk was done, the load goes to 5%. Didnt have this issues before. some users have some issues too. Already deleted DAGs several times.

my config
H61 BTC Pro with G620
8 GB of RAM
2x R9 390
1x 7970
2x R7 370 4GB
1350 Watt Enermax Platimax PSU

my rig is good cooled and nothing is overheating neither CPU nor GPUs or PSU

hope any1 will have some hints.

Comments

  • CorePrime95CorePrime95 Member Posts: 21
    Claymores miner produces higher load then qtminer, thats why you have higher hashrate and rig switches off. Maybe a card is faulty vor PSU overload.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭

    Claymores miner produces higher load then qtminer, thats why you have higher hashrate and rig switches off. Maybe a card is faulty vor PSU overload.

    does it produce higer load even if i am on eth mining only mode? my rig pulls 1000 watt outa wall so still 350 watt free room. or do you mean that PSU lanes are verloaded. Each GPU has its own cable coming from PSU. ill try to take one R9 390 outa rig and see what happens.

    the problem i have with Claymore miner that i get rejects all the time (100%) and cant find the solution ;(
  • CorePrime95CorePrime95 Member Posts: 21
    Yes, claymores is more optimized also in ETH only mode. Rejects all the time is strange. Even with 1,2,3 etc gpus? Got 15.12 driver?
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Yes, using 15.12 Driver. I took 1 GPU away from rig and now it works just fine. It always switched off as soon as developer fee started farming. Seems that advertised 1350Watt in my Enermax Platimax PSU arent 1350watt at all. still had 350 free room - now 500 watt free
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    @un4given those Enermax Platimax PSUs have a lot of 12V rails. There are 4x 30A rails available for the GPUs and CPU - rails 3 and 5 have 2 plugs. You must make sure each PSU is connected to a different rail. If you didn't read the manual carefully, you were probably trying to run 2 GPUs on one rail.

    Check out page 4 of the manual:
    http://www.enermax.co.uk/fileadmin/enermax/content/produkte/netzteile/platimax/manual_platimax_1200-1500w.pdf

    The 6x 12V GPU/CPU plugs on the motherboard correspond to the rails like so:
    Rail 3 | Rail 4 | Rail 6
    Rail 3 | Rail 5 | Rail 5

    So, you need to use the top 3 and the bottom middle to power 4 GPUs (and then you can run the CPU aux power off of one of the other two bottom plugs).

    JonnyGURU tested that PSU at 1355W DC output (1521W AC input) all on the 12V rails, and they ran fine with decent efficiency. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=307
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    work said:

    @un4given those Enermax Platimax PSUs have a lot of 12V rails. There are 4x 30A rails available for the GPUs and CPU - rails 3 and 5 have 2 plugs. You must make sure each PSU is connected to a different rail. If you didn't read the manual carefully, you were probably trying to run 2 GPUs on one rail.

    Check out page 4 of the manual:
    http://www.enermax.co.uk/fileadmin/enermax/content/produkte/netzteile/platimax/manual_platimax_1200-1500w.pdf

    The 6x 12V GPU/CPU plugs on the motherboard correspond to the rails like so:
    Rail 3 | Rail 4 | Rail 6
    Rail 3 | Rail 5 | Rail 5

    So, you need to use the top 3 and the bottom middle to power 4 GPUs (and then you can run the CPU aux power off of one of the other two bottom plugs).

    JonnyGURU tested that PSU at 1355W DC output (1521W AC input) all on the 12V rails, and they ran fine with decent efficiency. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=307

    you do know your r the greatest guru out here ;) :# . thx a lot m8. gonna test it after getting home from work. i should definately take a look at those rails. wonder how the setup will look like for 5 GPUs. need to get through that manual
  • almirfiorioalmirfiorio Member Posts: 21
    Dear un4given


    im have this same problem

    with only one card the claymore´s works fine

    but with two my pc shutdown

    how you resolv your problem?

    Thnks
    Almir
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @almirfiorio the OP had a power problem that was solved by balancing the GPU power loads across the PSU rails evenly. For you, it's likely a faulty GPU, power problem, or bad riser. If both GPUs work individually, and you aren't using risers, then it's likely a power issue.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    work said:

    @almirfiorio the OP had a power problem that was solved by balancing the GPU power loads across the PSU rails evenly. For you, it's likely a faulty GPU, power problem, or bad riser. If both GPUs work individually, and you aren't using risers, then it's likely a power issue.

    correct, thx m8. I solved all my problems with the new PSU. Rail Balancing is very important. Better to have a single rail PSU.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    un4given said:

    correct, thx m8. I solved all my problems with the new PSU. Rail Balancing is very important. Better to have a single rail PSU.

    Yup - single rail makes life a lot easier for miners. I am a huge fan of the EVGA P2 (or G2) PSUs.
  • almirfiorioalmirfiorio Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2016
    Great

    im dont use raiser now and im have a power supply of 500w

    im have two pci-e slot of 16x

    im put one card in each slot

    How can I solve my problem?

    Thanks
    Almir
    un4given said:

    work said:

    @almirfiorio the OP had a power problem that was solved by balancing the GPU power loads across the PSU rails evenly. For you, it's likely a faulty GPU, power problem, or bad riser. If both GPUs work individually, and you aren't using risers, then it's likely a power issue.

    correct, thx m8. I solved all my problems with the new PSU. Rail Balancing is very important. Better to have a single rail PSU.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    The 500W probably isn't enough. What 500W - a cheap one?
Sign In or Register to comment.