EthOs

13»

Comments

• ILethereumILethereum Member Posts: 34
    I'm trying to connect to my rig using putty over ssh(port 22). When I try it's error-ed out with the message "Access Denied" . PasswordAuthentication is set yes in sshd config. What I'm missing here ? Is it restricted by default. Appreciate your help.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Check /var/log/auth.log, if no reasonable info found there, change LogLevel to DEBUG in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and restart sshd and connect again, check log again.
    @rmh thanks! Can you please confirm if by-default it's always restricted for security reason ? I'll be collecting debug log meanwhile.
    No, i think by default it's enabled, but doesn't know for sure. Standard linux distributions like ubuntu server comes with sshd enabled.
    @rmh even after setting LogLevel to DEBUG 3 there is no auth.log file got generated. I have compared the sshd_config with another AWS ubuntu box and it's exactly looks the same. Not sure if there is anything to do with the ethOS version of ubuntu. sshd service is running properly. Is there any other channel through which I can access the ethOS instance of my rig ?
    Are you sure, that the sshd service is running?
    What's the output of: netstat -ntlop ?

There's many method to remotely manage a linux box, but the most useful and recommended is ssh.

Another and the simplest way is netcat, listen on an open port (or disable firewall)
    ncat -v -l -p 2222 -e /bin/bash
    and connect from another machine:
    ncat 10.0.0.1 2222