reported hashrate 100 Mh/s effective hashrate is about 70 mh/s!!!!!!!!!

raminerraminer Posts: 22Member
I'm on ethermine.org
any help please

Comments

• adasebadaseb Posts: 1,043Member ✭✭✭
    Wait 24 hours, the hashrates jump around at first
  • raminerraminer Posts: 22Member
    edited April 2016
    thank you @adaseb
    can you please take a look at my stats and if you can say ifi it is normal or not?
    Thank you

http://ethermine.org/miners/C21A045EF40b1541CDA85ffE54f9B19A0a28162f#workers
  • adasebadaseb Posts: 1,043Member ✭✭✭
    The average hashrate takes 24 hours to stabalize. So wait a little longer and it should be at 100
    Thank you @adaseb
    I will wait, I m thinking to overclock my gpus
  • cpluscotecpluscote Posts: 86Member
    I might be having a similar problem to you. I'm also on ethermine.org and I haven't been able to get my effective to match my reported after two days of fiddling around.

What kinds of cards are you using and how many??
  • dittoditto Posts: 139Member ✭✭
    @cpluscote I use 2X r9 390X and 2X290X
  • workwork Posts: 2,084Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    ditto said:

Try ethos

Why are you suggesting EthOS everywhere? How is that going to make any difference to effective vs reported hashrate (hint: it's not even slightly related)?
    @work ditto has proposed to me Eth0s since that I am a newbie and I want the best from my hardware, I think that he wants me to get on the road as fast as possible Thanks to him
    What do you think about the problem? Because now it shows that effective hashrate is superior to reported one?
  • workwork Posts: 2,084Member ✭✭✭✭
    @raminer I think that "effective hashrate" is based on submitted shares, which will fluctuate, and as long as it averages out over a long period (48hr+) to around your real hashrate, then everything is fine.

I don't see any reason for you to be switching operating systems.
    @work great!!!! thank you
    edited April 2016
    raminer said:

@work ditto has proposed to me Eth0s since that I am a newbie and I want the best from my hardware, I think that he wants me to get on the road as fast as possible Thanks to him
    What do you think about the problem? Because now it shows that effective hashrate is superior to reported one?

Using something like ethos will give you maximum effective hash rate that will be closer to the reported hash rate. You'll have way less issues, save time, etc.

You can use other OS as well, I just use this one personally and it has been great! You also receive very personal support on the IRC.
  • brakabbrakab Posts: 38Member
    Can you overclock your GPU's in ethOS? :)
    brakab said:

Can you overclock your GPU's in ethOS? :)

yes in the config file it looks like this:

globalcore 1000

if core clock is 1000 add 5% at a time running hours to make sure it is stable
  • TEZTOUZTEZTOUZ Posts: 11Member
    is there a way to set global voltage in ethos?
  • Ehab_wahbaEhab_wahba Posts: 47Member
    Sorry for pumping this old post
    But I have an identical situation here

https://ethermine.org/miners/d7554a844b7f5076f97d671dd4d2c04b393ac414

Nice share rate but still low efficiency
    Is over clocking related in this ?
  • rb3rgrb3rg Posts: 1Member
    This is interesting,
    I've ran a rig with 4x RX480 lightly bios MOD with 25Mh each gpu, 98Mh total and ethermine shows me 120 valid shares/hour average and effective HR around 92.
    Then I did a heavy mod in the bios, the HR jumped to 29.5 each and I've found out the accepted shares lowered down about 40% and ethermine efective HR lowered down as well.
    There is no invalid shares though, everything seems normal but low accepted shares and low effective HR.
    I'll change the the bios again for a lower HR back to 25Mh and find out if this really affect the production/efficiency.

• WaaghWaagh Posts: 3Member
    I'm having the same problem with nanopool.

200 mhs reported hash rate consistently. But only getting around 150 mhs calculated hash rate.

I'm running a 7 GPU rig now. As of 2 days ago, my rig only had 6 GPUs and the calculated and reported hashrates were pretty close. Now with the 7th GPU theres been a consistent ~50 mhs difference.

Any advice?
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 6Member
    i have same problem 6x rx 470 160 mhz my effective hashrate seems up to 40 MHz slower than my reported this is a recent problem as it was working fine up until the 27th of may. switching from ethermine.org to nanopool to see if its a pool problem.
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 6Member
    Waagh said:

I'm having the same problem with nanopool.

200 mhs reported hash rate consistently. But only getting around 150 mhs calculated hash rate.

I'm running a 7 GPU rig now. As of 2 days ago, my rig only had 6 GPUs and the calculated and reported hashrates were pretty close. Now with the 7th GPU theres been a consistent ~50 mhs difference.

Any advice?

did you find a solution to the problem as Its the same for me I added 2 cards recently too
  • XatosXatos Posts: 24Member
    Isn't the "effective" hashrate accounting for stale shares vs accepted shares? In other words, if 10% of your shares are stale, then your 'effective' hashrate will be about 10% lower. Is this correct?
  • wudafuxupwudafuxup Posts: 1Member
    edited June 8
    I'm having the same issue. I've been running it for longer than 24 hours. I have a reported Hashrate of 405mh/s and a current hashrate of about 370-420mh/s but my average effective is 300mh/s (~100m/hs lower). That's a huge amount of lost hasrate. I changed from 1 single miner name to 3 since the reportate hashrate was bugging out. I have a really low stale rate of 2% with 0 invalid shares. Why am I getting gimped on 100+mh/s?
    https://ethermine.org/miners/4b62672B2b90E96516ba1B7637C9d2a3BbD8dDE4
  • JonC5ZJonC5Z Posts: 10Member
    I've got the same issue. Win 10 using Claymore, 6 rx 570's, 164mh/s reported but 155mh/s effective. Not as bad as some of the losses reported above, but it sounds like those who added additional rigs had a higher loss rate. I'll be adding two more 6gpu rigs soon. I wonder if mining each on a different pool would lessen the losses.
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Posts: 565Member ✭✭✭
    @JonC5Z

Do the math.
    You have 164mh/s reported and 155mh/s effective.

Thats only 9mh/s difference.
    Claymore get a Little bit, the Network get a little bit and so on.
  • JonC5ZJonC5Z Posts: 10Member
    So the effective rate is what's being deposited to my account and not my rig's overall effective rate. Is that correct @Dr_House86 ?
  • Dr_House86Dr_House86 Posts: 565Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, only the effective is really important, and your shares.
  • Dzembo77Dzembo77 Posts: 17Member
    Your effect hash is effect by both the network connection and also don't forget the 1% dev fee. Both of these will drop your hash rate slightly. I'm testing a new rig only have 3 580 4gb cards running at 29 mh/s and my effective has ranged from 72-100 while really my hash rate is around 87 steady.