ethpool - current hashrate wrong?

miner0912miner0912 Member Posts: 34
Hey,

I understand that ethpools "current hashrate" is not real-time, but when I compare the hashrates of qtminer at 3pm to the ones shown at ethpool's chart for 3pm there is a 10MH/s difference (I was mining the whole time @45 MH/s according to QTminer, checked it every 10 minutes).

How come that there is such a big difference?

Comments

• BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @miner0912
    Don't worry about it. Once you do 24hr or even better, 48hr, you will see that sometimes you fluctuate above (say, you will get 55mh) and sometimes below. After 48hr you will see what is your long term average (red line) and it is usually right on the spot.
    what you see on your computer is your "local" rate, what you see on the pool is your local rate+your connection+your luck. With good connection and average luck over longer periods of time average on the pool will pretty much match local +/-2%, but you get "uncle" benefits at this pool (sometimes you will get paid not 5 eth, but >8.5eth)
  • miner0912miner0912 Member Posts: 34
    thanks, but the red line of the last 24 hours shows me also just 35 MH/s although everything was running at 45 constantly...I'm somehow doubting that this is really correct :(.

Yet thanks for the explanation anyway
    just saw that in the text above the charts it says for the 24hours rate 39.7, when I click on the red line in the chart it will just say 35....strange
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    @miner0912
    cc: @Biodom

Even the 6 hr and 24 hr averages will fluctuate. There is a lot of probability involved in solving "shares" just like in solving full "blocks". Sometimes it works out higher over periods or time, sometimes lower. In the end, it all averages out.

I assure you that Ethpool is not scamming anybody--there are tons of people happily mining there, including me.
    edited March 2016
    @miner0912 cc:@MrYukonC
    yes, it says that 24 average is such and such, but it is not relevant UNLESS you truly mined >24hr.
    It will calculate 24hr average even after a 2 hr run, but it will be lower, obviously.
    Bottom line-run 48 hr, then look at it.
    My first block at ethpool was more than 8.5 eth-how cool is that?
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Biodom said:

My first block at ethpool was more than 8.5 eth-how cool is that?

@Biodom That's why I love ethpool!
    I've had a pretty close look at the hasrates and they were constantly 37MH/s in Windows. However, the online stats show me constantly 33.5MH/s... For some reason I dont trust these stats :(
    edited March 2016
    @miner0912
    It's not a question of trust or no trust, it's math. Online stats DO NOT constantly show the same speed-see blue line that is fluctuating around the red line. Red line is your 24hr effective average-the thing that matters the most. Needless to say, hashing also depends on YOUR own internet connection speed, latency, etc etc.
    I have a PC with a single 7950, sometimes it shows 14mh, sometimes 28mh, average 20 mh.
    If you have multiple rigs, then they seem to wax and wane at different times, making the sum of them more stable.
    Post edited by Biodom on
    I understand what you mean in terms of the red and blue line, yet everytime I had a look at the qtminer it showed 37MH/s CONSTANTLY. So I dont understand why the average is not around 37 but 33...
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it 45MH/s or 37MH/s... different numbers coming up here.
    atm it's 37 because I had to underclock due to heat problems. constant 37 are shown as 33.5 at ethpool.org...
  • RobcisRobcis Member Posts: 23
    I'm facing the same problem. My rigs are running at constant 680MH/s but Etheremine reports only 629.0 MH/s within the last 24 hours? In my opinion, the difference is just too big. Any thoughts?