Ethereum Mining Pool Hub - 0% Fee, pays all kind of mining rewards, supports all miner programs

miningpoolhubminingpoolhub Member Posts: 308 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Pool Discussion

Ethereum pool now open!

https://ethereum.miningpoolhub.com/

1. We pay all mining rewards.

(1) block finding reward 5 ETH
(2) transaction fee (gas spent)
(3) uncle reward (4.375 ETH, 3.75 ETH, 3.125 ETH, 2.5 ETH, 1.875 ETH, 1.25 ETH)
(4) uncle inclusion incentive (0.3125 ETH, 0.15625 ETH)

2. We support all kind of miners.

(1) eth-stratum-mining-proxy (by coinotron)
(2) eth-proxy (by dwarfpool)
(3) qtminer (by etherchain)
(4) ethminer-genoil (CUDA support)
(5) ethminer (from ethereum package)

0% Fee for a while.
We ran pool service more than 2 years. Stable, DDoS protection

Come and learn more about each miner settings, mining tips.

Happy mining!
Post edited by miningpoolhub on

Comments

• o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    Who gets the block?
  • dachrlsdachrls GermanyMember Posts: 17
    Are there any european Servers up and running for ETH? It works, but having high latency...
  • miningpoolhubminingpoolhub Member Posts: 308 ✭✭

Who gets the block?

Miners?
    Maybe I misunderstood your question. Would you clarify it?
    dachrls said:

Are there any european Servers up and running for ETH? It works, but having high latency...

Not at this moment. Once you are connected by stratum (proxy), it will not make much difference.
    Network propagation between pool is more important actually.
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @miningpoolhub Sorry, there's another pool that has a credits leader board where leader gets the block but your's is a normal share pool? (Been solo since Frontier and only looking at pools past few days.)

@miningpoolhub Sorry, there's another pool that has a credits leader board where leader gets the block but your's is a normal share pool? (Been solo since Frontier and only looking at pools past few days.)

Ah, I see what you mean now. This is normal share pool, distributes every block according to their shares.
    edited March 2016
    Can someone explain what happened?

Had for minutes only work to do where solution was directly found and submitted. Hashrate 0 MH/s. Followed by a complete shutdown of the Pool.

Never saw this before...are you working on the pool or is it a local problem my eth-proxy had?

"WARNING Protocol # Main [465ms] eth_SubmitWork ... REJECTED" is courious, too. Should that happen?

Post edited by dachrls on
    Hm, now I am sure that this Pool is broken.

Within the last 12 hours two Blocks were credited. # 1172758 and # 1174946.

Credits for 1172758: instead of estimated and proportionally 0.17 only 0.07 were credited
    Credits for 1174946: instead of estimated and proportionally 0.14 only 0.04 were credited

12 hours 65 - 70 MH/s Workpower for nothing, nice one...

• adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Anyway to get an alert if a miner goes dead?
    dachrls said:

Can someone explain what happened?

Had for minutes only work to do where solution was directly found and submitted. Hashrate 0 MH/s. Followed by a complete shutdown of the Pool.

Never saw this before...are you working on the pool or is it a local problem my eth-proxy had?

"WARNING Protocol # Main [465ms] eth_SubmitWork ... REJECTED" is courious, too. Should that happen?

Is this problem solved? Seems like it's solved reading at your next comment but want to know about it.
    dachrls said:

Hm, now I am sure that this Pool is broken.

Within the last 12 hours two Blocks were credited. # 1172758 and # 1174946.

Credits for 1172758: instead of estimated and proportionally 0.17 only 0.07 were credited
    Credits for 1174946: instead of estimated and proportionally 0.14 only 0.04 were credited

12 hours 65 - 70 MH/s Workpower for nothing, nice one...

What do you mean 12 hours? We have found more than 11 blocks since launch.
    Estimated is just "estimated", not same as real. We often find uncle blocks, instead of normal blocks so it can affect the reward too.

Pool hash is not that big still. Some variance can happen.
    Hope you understand this situation. The pool is not broken, just have low hash than others at this moment.
    adaseb said:

@adaseb We will open this feature at monday or tuesday.

What do you mean 12 hours? We have found more than 11 blocks since launch.
    Estimated is just "estimated", not same as real. We often find uncle blocks, instead of normal blocks so it can affect the reward too.

Pool hash is not that big still. Some variance can happen.
    Hope you understand this situation. The pool is not broken, just have low hash than others at this moment.

If I write at 12:12 AM "within the last 12 hours" I simply mean in the last 12 hours before this timestamp.

Variance is not the problem, this is normal in the beginning. The Problem is, I was place six /seven with total amount of hashes. This is what the statistic uses for calculating the estimated Payout, the brought in Hashes proportional to the Hashes overall.

But make it a little easier, I brought in exactly 4 % of the total Hashes.

Within 12 hours were only found 2 Blocks with 2 GH/s total Power, this is your Variance.

Ethereum found for the Blocks # 1172758 and # 1174946 were 10 ETH without any other things.

Estimated for my Worker was 0.17 and 0.14 = 0.31 ETH = 3.1 % from 10 ETH
    In my Opionion this should be 4 % while having 4 % of the Shares brought in, not 3 %.
    But nevertheless, you credited 0.07 and 0.04 = 0.11 ETH = 1.1 % from 10 ETH

In my Opinion up to 11:30 AM yesterday all worked as expected. But then something happened.

dachrls said:

If I write at 12:12 AM "within the last 12 hours" I simply mean in the last 12 hours before this timestamp.

Variance is not the problem, this is normal in the beginning. The Problem is, I was place six /seven with total amount of hashes. This is what the statistic uses for calculating the estimated Payout, the brought in Hashes proportional to the Hashes overall.

But make it a little easier, I brought in exactly 4 % of the total Hashes.

Within 12 hours were only found 2 Blocks with 2 GH/s total Power, this is your Variance.

Ethereum found for the Blocks # 1172758 and # 1174946 were 10 ETH without any other things.

Estimated for my Worker was 0.17 and 0.14 = 0.31 ETH = 3.1 % from 10 ETH
    In my Opionion this should be 4 % while having 4 % of the Shares brought in, not 3 %.
    But nevertheless, you credited 0.07 and 0.04 = 0.11 ETH = 1.1 % from 10 ETH

In my Opinion up to 11:30 AM yesterday all worked as expected. But then something happened.

@dachrls

time block credit (donation excluded) PPLNS contribution block reward
    03-18 11:07:30 (UTC) 1171881 0.21032496 6.73% 3.125 (uncle)
    03-18 11:36:54 (UTC) 1172011 0.14838104 3.96% 3.75 (uncle)
    03-18 14:38:39 (UTC) 1172758 0.07706574 1.54% 5.00530752
    03-18 22:57:44 (UTC) 1174946 0.04443296 0.89% 5.013058

First of all, thank you for mining from the start.
    You waited few hours for first block, and got the reward right?
    But pool grew as time passes and your share contribution rate decreased.

As you know, this pool started from zero. It was quite lucky at first.
    After the 1172011 block, some big miners started to come in.
    It took 3 hours to get third block after second block and it took 8 hours for next one.

Total 11 hours, not all miners just stood their from start to end.
    between these blocks, there were many miners came in and out and shares were accumulated for them.
    So it can't be said that you would get the block reward according to the hash speed at that time.
    Block is not distributed according to hash speed for lasting miners, but distributed by accumulated shares for certain amount of time from the block finding time.

If you had checked this pool stats frequently, you would have seen many pool hoppers. They tried pool at first but left when block finding time was too long.

Variance includes all these up and down situations.
    This is PPLNS pool, so you would get more than pool hoppers. I think PPLNS is the most fair distribution rule. Pool has grown upto 6.88 Gh now, so variance became much smaller than before.

I hope you come back and mine together. Tell me if you have any more questions.
    Thanks.
    adaseb said:

@adaseb

Now we opened miner alarm feature.
    You can set monitor option from worker page and will get email when share is not submitted for few minutes from that miner.
    Thanks.
    Pool update notice (20th March)

- Wallet address based authorization is implemented.
    You can set failover to wallet based pools like dwarfpool
    Mining is perfectly compatible. If you were mining on wallet based pools, simply change POOL_HOST, POOL_PORT. It works like a charm.

- Worker email alarm feature opened
    You will get notified by email when your monitoring worker seems not working. Set the monitoring flag on at workers page.

Thanks

Ethereum Mining Pool Hub Notice

Optimized network latency than before.
  • AtomrigsAtomrigs Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2016
    Wow! the lowest uncle rate among all pools - 2.3%. Great job!
    I used to use eth-proxy to dwarf, but now my main pool is miningpoolhub and dwarf is just another fail-over backup for me. It was so easy to switch. I got a lot more rewards from this pool than from dwarf for the past several days' test.

https://www.etherchain.org/statistics/miners
  • WEBUSWEBUS Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2016
    Fantastic Pool!
    With WEBUS icon of luck <3:D<3
    edited March 2016
    dachrls said:

@dachrls
    Finally, europe server is available now.

Here are available servers for Ethereum.

us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com
    europe1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com
    asia1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com

Come and learn more about detailed settings.
    edited March 2016
    Now ethereum mining pool hub reached 1.0% of total mined block number for past 24 hours

https://etherchain.org/statistics/miners

Miner______________Uncle Rate______Blocks Mined______%__________Est. Hash Rate
    miningpoolhub_______3.2%___________62______________1.0__________15.2 GH/s

Come and mine together.
    https://ethereum.miningpoolhub.com

bitcanuck said:

I just figured out that although dwarf pays for uncle blocks, they don't share the uncle inclusion reward. Gonna try switching to miningpoolhub.

@bitcanuck You are right. And, we pay transaction fee from blocks as well.
    edited March 2016
    We are going to raise pool fee back to 1% this weekend.
    Sorry if you were happy with zero fee.

We will fix and improve mining pool continually. Pool mining luck is quite good these days.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you would consider a .5% or .75% pool fee? Just for the sake of being competitive against every other pool charging 1%.
    work said:

Any chance you would consider a .5% or .75% pool fee? Just for the sake of being competitive against every other pool charging 1%.

@work I considered this fee problem about 12 hours. Yeah, it's really difficult thing.
    As we are running several servers around world, it's quite hard to run these powerful servers with less than 1% fee. 0% fee was to promote new pool for a week, and we may do the 0.05% fee for a while but it can't last long. This is like chicken game.
    Other pools make profit by not paying other block rewards, but we pay whole transparently. So miners would get benefit even it's same pool fee as others.

Maybe fee can be adjusted only for miners who use your miner program. It's quite complex and maybe it's impossible to implement but would be able to discuss with.
    bitcanuck said:

The .001 eth TX fee for withdrawls is rather high since gas prices have dropped with homestead. .0003 - .0005 would be more reasonable.
    See these transactions for example:
    https://etherscan.io/address/0x8df6d8854a7de1fd02721fe8ad1130c45e65462b

@bitcanuck 0.00042 is the minimum tx fee for transaction currently.
    We have adjusted withdrawal fee as 0.0005 currently.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    edited March 2016
    @miningpoolhub the lazy man in me is loving the auto-exchange feature on this pool. I have about half my hashrate pointed here right now. Could probably make a bit more BTC doing the trading myself, but the set-it-and-forget-it nature is just too great (reminds me of the wafflepool days).

As long as you get stats displays fixed before you increase the fee, I'll stick around.
    @miningpoolhub well, I notice fee was implemented. I've moved my hashing power until stats are fixed and improved.
    work said:

@miningpoolhub the lazy man in me is loving the auto-exchange feature on this pool. I have about half my hashrate pointed here right now. Could probably make a bit more BTC doing the trading myself, but the set-it-and-forget-it nature is just too great (reminds me of the wafflepool days).

As long as you get stats displays fixed before you increase the fee, I'll stick around.

@work stats page is now fixed.
    "Est.Avg Time per Round" field needs additional fix but other things seems work pretty good.
    (Est.Avg Time per Round data needs network hash value but we haven't implemented jsonrpc connection with wallet yet)

Keep in mind that each pool's user stats, and block stats are cached, and updated regularly in certain time interval.
    So numbers might not reflect in realtime. For example, https://miningpoolhub.com main list (which is realtime) would say that ethereum found last block 2 minutes ago, but ethereum pool stats page would say last block was found 30 minutes ago. Some people would get confused with it, so I'd like to inform you.

Happy to hear that you like auto exchange feature. I like this too.

Thanks for your support.
  • hbheinerhbheiner Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2016
    1225240 Confirmed hbheiner2 27/03 06:38:25 (UTC) 22,032,870,360,083.00 3.750000 1,382,380 1,579,585 1,301,869 94.18

but norreward

sorry, i have ansfer from support:

You can see your block reward from transactions page.

1. Click transactions.
    2. select type as 'Credit'
    3. find block number 1225240
    4. You would see 0.00491420 ETH reward according to your share contribution

49220 hbheiner2 2016-03-27 07:11:38 (UTC) Credit Confirmed 1225240 0.00491420
    Post edited by hbheiner on