Anyway to automatically restart ethminer when it crashes?

2»

Comments

• FirstnameBeauFirstnameBeau Member Posts: 29
    @EtherminerJay Yeah, that looks good. I thought about adding that as a restart trigger, specifically the string "restart miner", but I noticed the miner will restart and recover on it's own after producing this error... so I decided I didn't need to restart on this one.

I would recommend shortening the string you match on to "restart miner", but it's really preference, and ease of use. Other than that, looks good.
  • EtherminerJayEtherminerJay Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2017
    @FirstnameBeau thank you for coming back to me and confirming.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I appreciate your time and effort on producing this and sharing it!

Edit: @FirstnameBeau, my miner did restart after this issue before but in the last few days it has begun to just sit there and requires a key press.. May be due to me installing a sixth card.

I've upped the virtual memory and have the script running so hopefully will be all good from now
    Post edited by EtherminerJay on
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    never get "Miner thread hangs," error , what version 9.8 ?
    hi this is usefull for miner not starting properly , like "ethminer.exe stop run" ?
  • EtherminerJayEtherminerJay Member Posts: 157
    Yes its version 9.8 using win 10 with 6gpu setup.

I've recently increased my virtual memory up to 25000 too and the issue seems to have stopped for the moment. I still have the script in place incase of crashes and miner hangs
  • taossontaosson Member Posts: 1

This is claymore. I could make one for ethMiner should I find the time and desire.. :)

can you make one for ethminer ,thank you very much
  • BudSpenserBudSpenser Member Posts: 1
    I would like to rewrite this script (by EthermineJay) for Powershell!
    Can anybody help me with this?