ethOS - Linux Ethereum Mining Platform

Comments

• newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

work said:

@JPS I wonder why they never gave me moderator... maybe it's because I go off-topic too much lol. On the other hand, I would be actually making sticky threads and clearing out truely off-topic stuff and closing obviously duplicate threads. Since I'm not a mod, I'll just continue replying off-topic instead lol.

It was offered to you.
    Even added you on Skype. You never replied.
    Damn! @work would have been a great mod!
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    He sure would have been! Perhaps, if he still wants...
  • xLEEJOHNxxLEEJOHNx Member Posts: 2
    can you change miners in this? i would like to use claymore dual if possible..
  • ViktorViktor Member Posts: 6
    I have 5 video card rx480, i bough
    Ethos 1.1.1, but when i put in config "globaldriver amdgpu" system do not start
    When i switch driver on amd, system reboot and this picture i see
    4 gpu working, but 5 dont working.
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Does the 5th one work by itself? Do you have any molex connectors on mobo? If so, did you plug in molex to them? Have you tried a different known working riser?
  • T1aMatT1aMat Member Posts: 8
    @Viktor This is raiser problem. In 90% of cases, all of the problems are caused by raisers.
    Before I used raiser i clean them with a dishes sponge (on the one side soft, with the other solid), very often when you first time install raisers to mother board PCI slots foul by them, for cleaning I use compressed air and a children's toothbrush. Raisers also need to be oxidized, since the solder products remain on the surface, which pollute the motherboard and break contact with it.
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    @kotarius I know you are anti-claymore, but I really want to dual mine with ETH/SIA on my ethOS rigs. I know someone posted a hack, but I want something thats reliable and works out of the box like your existing system. Is there any chance you can offer an option for us miners who want to dual mine? Also the ability to make adjustments for the 480 card in terms of GPUclock/Memclock/volage according to state 1-7 would be nice too. :) I really don't want to use windows if I don't have to..
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    hasher said:

@kotarius I know you are anti-claymore, but I really want to dual mine with ETH/SIA on my ethOS rigs. I know someone posted a hack, but I want something thats reliable and works out of the box like your existing system. Is there any chance you can offer an option for us miners who want to dual mine? Also the ability to make adjustments for the 480 card in terms of GPUclock/Memclock/volage according to state 1-7 would be nice too. :) I really don't want to use windows if I don't have to..

I would love these options built in! Would be nice :)

Although It really isn't hard to just add it yourself, took me about 5 minutes. I could help you if you wanted. Honestly having both miners as default would probably make it more complicated for maintaining the "stable ethos" so I don't really blame him.
  • ulfbertulfbert Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2016
    Two days ago, a rig went down overnight. I rebooted into the system and watched the BIOS system scroll as the system was going into its system check. I saw a "cup spool" failure as the screen scrolled. I've never seen that before. An internet search stated that it has to do with a printer or print operation, but there is no printer and nothing to be printed. Anyway, I rebooted again and the failure went away.
    Fastforward a few days later and I've noticed that my actual hashrate on my pool is on average, 10/15% lower than before the rig went down when I first observed the "cup spool" failure. My stale shares have also went up. My other rigs seem to be operating normally judged by the hash rate/stale shares information on the pool.

4...R9 380
    1...R9 380x

The system status does show that all GPU's are hashing at their "normal" rates.

Has anyone seen this before...any ideas?
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @ulfbert I haven't seen this before, but @kotarius has mentioned in another thread that as of two days ago, when there was a new DAG rolled out - he started having problems with his own rig farm, which is all R9 290s. I have a lot of 290s but I do also have 2 380s. So far (touch wood) no problems for me. They (the 380s) are still hashing at 20-21 (using EthOS) and they are at core 800, memory 1500. I will have a closer look at what my pool is saying about my hashrate since two days ago though. Maybe you could ask @kotarius if he worked out the fault and what caused it?
    I find what was the problem, it was problem with motherboard msi z170a titanium gamer doesnt support more than 4 gpu.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    ulfbert said:

Two days ago, a rig went down overnight. I rebooted into the system and watched the BIOS system scroll as the system was going into its system check. I saw a "cup spool" failure as the screen scrolled. I've never seen that before. An internet search stated that it has to do with a printer or print operation, but there is no printer and nothing to be printed. Anyway, I rebooted again and the failure went away.
    Fastforward a few days later and I've noticed that my actual hashrate on my pool is on average, 10/15% lower than before the rig went down when I first observed the "cup spool" failure. My stale shares have also went up. My other rigs seem to be operating normally judged by the hash rate/stale shares information on the pool.

4...R9 380
    1...R9 380x

The system status does show that all GPU's are hashing at their "normal" rates.

Has anyone seen this before...any ideas?

-10mh/s on core clock and report back what happens.
  • SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2016
    Any updates on the overclocking features for RX 400 series cards? Seems less than ideal at this point...limping along at 23-24 mh/s, but would like to hit at least 26-27. Also any thoughts on 480 pci power usage going forward? Any possibility we'll be able to run 2x 480 right off the board, or even a 480 + 470?

Edit: I should qualify this post by stating ethOS is awesome and worth the money several times over! Can't wait to see the full potential of the Rx 400 series unleashed.
    Post edited by SpydrMstrmnd on
  • arcenyarceny Member Posts: 5
    Hi, what about temp/clocks monitoring on RX cards?
    edited September 2016

I change mb , asrock h170 pro4s, bios see all gpu, but ethos after change globaldriver amdgpu didn't start with 5xRX480, start with only 4 gpu. I try change raiser, it didn't working.
  • iwhossiwhoss Member Posts: 9
    Heliox said:

work said:

@JPS I wonder why they never gave me moderator... maybe it's because I go off-topic too much lol. On the other hand, I would be actually making sticky threads and clearing out truely off-topic stuff and closing obviously duplicate threads. Since I'm not a mod, I'll just continue replying off-topic instead lol.

It was offered to you.
    Even added you on Skype. You never replied.
    Why i can't update my ethos from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1 ??
    error: connect to get.ethosdistro.com port 80 refuse

Must i use a vpn ?? i

i am come from china

@iwhoss Check you email for download instructions and download the 1.1.1 source image instead of update. Update will only work for 1.0.6 and above.
  • kovancekkovancek Member Posts: 13
    Does it support mining on NiceHash?
  • buffybuffy Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @kovancek it's linux, you can install whatever you want or need.
  • ihacksihacks Member Posts: 61
    @kovancek yes, it supports native, check ethosdistro.com/pool.txt file
  • gorgamingorgamin Member Posts: 18
    @kotarius You should rather have ethOS do a certain percentage of mining for you and then release it for free. I'm more than willing to give you 1% of all shares if you do it this way. It will make far more than $40 per rig in no time.
    edited September 2016
    gorgamin said:

@kotarius You should rather have ethOS do a certain percentage of mining for you and then release it for free. I'm more than willing to give you 1% of all shares if you do it this way. It will make far more than $40 per rig in no time.

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously after you posted something ike this: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/54iibf/ethos_v111_download_location/?st=itjwtn5i&sh=cad81115

Screenshot in case you delete your post: http://i.imgur.com/mQu9H4V.jpg

"It will make far more than $40 per rig in no time." -> If this is the case, why do you want to spend more money? Makes no sense. By the way, it is not illegal to charge for GPL software: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
  • wild_quininewild_quinine Member Posts: 11
    What people like @gorgamin need to learn is that @kotarius doesn't owe you anything.

He doesn't have to give you the software for free, or his source code, either, and it's a gross misunderstanding of the GPL to suggest that he does.

Firstly he is absolutely allowed to sell the software. Secondly, if you buy the software, then he needs to give you a copy of the source code, either included with the software or on request. But he doesn't need to give it to any dick or harry off the street just because they want it.

Those people who think a cost equivalent to about 3 ether is too much of an outlay for one of the core components of their mining operation are kidding themselves about a lot of things, and they can continue to do so for all I care, but let's not muddy the GPL into it.

Hello friends, hope you enjoyed the ugly rig contest recently, where we gave away two mining frames (each at $200 value).

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/10255/ugly-rig-contest-gpushack-bundle-for-6-gpus-use-promo-code-64ssd-to-get-a-64gb-ssd-upgrade

Please see http://ethosdistro.com/source/ for source verification for our download files. If you download ethOS from somewhere other than ethosdistro.com, please check the source verification. If it doesn't match, whoever is distributing it has done something very nasty to it, possibly wallet stealing, self-mining, etc.

• gorgamingorgamin Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2016
    kotarius said:

gorgamin said:

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously after you posted something ike this: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/54iibf/ethos_v111_download_location/?st=itjwtn5i&sh=cad81115

Screenshot in case you delete your post: http://i.imgur.com/mQu9H4V.jpg

"It will make far more than $40 per rig in no time." -> If this is the case, why do you want to spend more money? Makes no sense. By the way, it is not illegal to charge for GPL software: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
    Not sure who that is, but I don't have a reddit account. The name gorgamin is from Lord of the rings and means "fear" in Elfish, there are a few other people with the same handle, and much to my chagrin they've always registered it first.

"If this is the case, why do you want to spend more money?" Because its easier to try before you buy, and because GPUShack doesn't allow Bitcoin payments. I don't want to use a Visa card to pay for it. If you accepted BTC payments I'd buy a copy from you right now. Don't misunderstand me, I don't want it for free. I support what you're doing and have seen ethOS in action at a friend, so I know its worth it. Sent you a PM.