Dapp Idea Based On Test Driven Development

r_hr_h Member Posts: 3
From Wikipedia:

Test-driven development (TDD) is a software development process that relies on the repetition of a very short development cycle: first the developer writes an (initially failing) automated test case that defines a desired improvement or new function, then produces the minimum amount of code to pass that test, and finally refactors the new code to acceptable standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development

So, based on the idea of TDD, I had an idea for a dapp that pays out if a software module can pass an automated test. The person who wants some code written, but doesn't want to do it all themselves writes, a test and submits it to the dapp. A developer submits code that passes the test at which time the smart contract executes. The developer receives payment and the client gets the the software module which was defined by the test they submitted.

That's the basic idea. Are there any projects based on this idea already in the works that anyone knows of? Are there any software engineers or developers out there with any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• vandresvandres VenezuelaMember Posts: 6
    There already is colony.io. Basically the same principle of paid for proven work , but with some kind of cryptocurrency they called "nectar". I've just posted a question on their slack group in order to understand how exactly their reward system works.
    I'm not a developer but I love everything around the bitcoin 2.0 and blockchain technology, culture, philosophy and financial principles, etc.
  • vandresvandres VenezuelaMember Posts: 6
    edited October 2015
    Here:
    vandres
    • Hello folks. I have a couple of doubts about the "nectar".
      Is it a cryptocurrency?
      Does it represent company/project share/stock/property?
    jack
    • Hi vandres yes it is and yes it does. :blush:
    vandres
    • Thanks jack. So, assuming I just created my project, I don't need to pay for nectar, but I give it to the "contributors". Then, I might recover back the nectar buying it from them.
    jack
    • The system gives it to you and the contributors in proportion to the value each has added to the project. You could buy it off them if you so desired, yes.
  • r_hr_h Member Posts: 3
    Thanks vandres