Get transactions for account

AlmindorAlmindor Posts: 24Member
How does one go about getting the full transaction list per account?

I see there's a get count RPC call but I don't see anything to get a list.

Comments

• jesus666jesus666 Posts: 62Member, Administrator, Moderator admin
    I posted this on our mining skype channel the other day, but haven't had a chance to confirm whether this would actually work. Try it

web3 filter can work retrospectively, right?
    you could set up a filter fromBlock: 0, toBlock: "latest", address: and `watch` it
    the watch should pick up all txs for the account
  • AlmindorAlmindor Posts: 24Member
    Hey thanks! I somehow didn't notice that the bare filter had an account address param!
    Doesn't seem to work. I get empty logs. The docs say: Polling method for a filter, which returns an array of logs which occurred since last poll.

The "since last poll" has me thinking it's not possible this way. I tried using getLogs instead but those return very strange results. I can't seem to get any logs for my own accounts, but I do get some if I choose a big enough block range with no address.

Maybe getLogs is meant only for contract info? The docs are not sure. Anyway right now I can't seem to get the history of an account in transactions.
  • mtbitcoinmtbitcoin Posts: 40Member
    Almindor said:

Doesn't seem to work. I get empty logs. The docs say: Polling method for a filter, which returns an array of logs which occurred since last poll.

The "since last poll" has me thinking it's not possible this way. I tried using getLogs instead but those return very strange results. I can't seem to get any logs for my own accounts, but I do get some if I choose a big enough block range with no address.

Maybe getLogs is meant only for contract info? The docs are not sure. Anyway right now I can't seem to get the history of an account in transactions.

Did you manage to figure this out ?
    No, I've released the etherwall without it for now and will probably use an external source to get the list (e.g. etherchain.org or my own DB hosted somewhere).

I think it should work with the eth_newFilter but just like eth_estimateGas it might just not be supported by the backends yet.
  • dagidedagide Sardinia, ItalyPosts: 15Member
    Almindor said:

No, I've released the etherwall without it for now and will probably use an external source to get the list (e.g. etherchain.org or my own DB hosted somewhere).

I think it should work with the eth_newFilter but just like eth_estimateGas it might just not be supported by the backends yet.

Any news about this? Thumbs up for your wallet, great idea
  • mtbitcoinmtbitcoin Posts: 40Member
    Almindor said:

I've just released two basic APIs at http://etherscan.io/apis

One for check checking the account balances and the other for listing all the transactions by account. At the moment these are only send/receives it does not include transfers OUT from contracts.

Thanks but I got my api's ready now too. I won't publicize them here since I want to keep the usage to just etherwall purposes but it's supporting both cases. If you have a need to call them give me a PM :)
  • FlanaganFlanagan Posts: 15Member
    Seems this would be a nice thing to have.. I just tried using the Events filter and it seems to work, but this means I have to make sure to put Events on every method..
  • jialeirongjialeirong Posts: 3Member
    May i ask how did you figure this out. Can you told me the method? I'm a newbie of ethereum. Hope get your help!