Info request about the best ETH Gpu’s Rig having a large budget

Casper2006Casper2006 ItalyMember Posts: 5
Hello to everybody, I’m new here and my english is terrific, sorry I’m advance. So maybe someone really kind can to advice me about how to configure the best and profitable hardware for a GPU’S RIG for ETH with a budget around 8-9.000$?
Thank’s in advance

Comments

• theonektheonek Member Posts: 94
    with these graphics card prices right now, you won't be able to buy any good rig. No matter, you can configure one with 7-8 cards of 1070 or rx580 if you could find on the market any on a reasonable price.
  • Casper2006Casper2006 ItalyMember Posts: 5
    Thank’s a lot, I simulated a rig with 8 rx580 and honestly, with the prices of the gpu and the cost of electricity here on Italy, if the ETH mantein his valoue, I need about 16-17 months for to receive back ma investment. That’s why about my post...I was hoping about some new and more profitable configuration
  • eth_shiftyeth_shifty Member Posts: 52
    Nah. If roi was under a year, everyone would buy up the hardware, prices for hardware would skyrocket along with with difficulty. Oh wait...

All late to the party jokes aside, your best power to hash ratio is currently with nvidia cards. Most amd cards will come in between 16 and 18 mh per amp, and a lot of nvidia cards can run over 22 mh per amp. This often won't affect roi a whole lot as overall output is lower per card, but it lowers auxiliary costs like having to run extra power circuits, and also helps you when power cost curve starts converging with difficulty.
    edited March 2018
    Thank’s a lot about your expert, technical and precious advices, I’ll change my point of view about the choice of Gpu :D
    But I want to advice you too...I live on Italy where the electricity is the more expensive of all the World :D
    Post edited by Casper2006 on
  • iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    I think it's foolhardy to try to get into the mining game at this point. Eth will eventually go POS. And to those saying "oh there are other coins to mine", all the collective mining power that is currently mining Eth will go elsewhere; killing profitability. If you're looking at a 16-17 month payback time, it won't happen.

My advice is to use that money to just buy coins straight up. Don't get into the mining game now. Back when cards were $150-$250, it was worth it. Not now that they are $500+
  • eth_shiftyeth_shifty Member Posts: 52
    Probably good advice, but by that logic shouldn't those that bought their cards at $180 sell them all at a 250% markup immediately and cease mining? The economic viability of mining doesn't change if you consider the cost of gpus relatively fungible.

What I'm trying to say is everyone still in the game at this point is gambling with hardware value and dollar cost averaging eth investments via their electrical bill.
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    You can still find cards for < $400 if you keep an eye out on Amazon and specials on other sites. You can't buy 8 of them each time but you can pick them up here/there. Not sure if that's still worth it or not though.
    A provocation...I asked an advice about a Rig being available to spend an important budget...BUT I NEVER WROTE THAT I NEED JUST ABOUT 1 RIG!!! Do you know some really convenient way for to buy 100-200 Gpu (580 o 1080) at the same time, paying cash?
  • iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭

Probably good advice, but by that logic shouldn't those that bought their cards at $180 sell them all at a 250% markup immediately and cease mining? The economic viability of mining doesn't change if you consider the cost of gpus relatively fungible.

What I'm trying to say is everyone still in the game at this point is gambling with hardware value and dollar cost averaging eth investments via their electrical bill.

Potentially.

Here is the thing, there is additional work other than buying the cards to get a mining farm going. You have to build/buy a case, motherboard, get everything set up, get good clocks, etc. If you've already done this work, then definitely keep mining.

Selling cards also takes work. You gotta tear down your rigs, usually part them out, and list and meet people individually or try your luck selling online. I think most people who set up their mining rigs 8 months+ ago would rather just keep mining. They have long made back their capital investment, so now it's just profit for minimal work.
    I meant to have a budget to 8-9.000 dollars for each complete miner machine so I asked just about your best idea of full configuration for to have the best profitability cost/hash