Heavy rains, GFCI breaker tripping in basement!

asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
Oh man, noticed one of my rigs in the basement was off this morning. There are two 13 GPU rigs side by side, each plugged into a different 20a GFCI circuit. The one breaker for the rig placed by the corner wall had tripped. The rig next to it was still running and is getting a little better air circulation.

I reset the breaker, started it up and a few hours later it tripped again. Since then it has tripped once more.

We have standing water in the back yard due to sustained rain and melting snow. And more heavy rains expected tonight!

It is 56 degrees outside and the RX580 cards in the basement were at around 75-76 degrees C after running about 60 C or even less the whole winter. I have since placed a second dehumidifier on that side of the basement right next to the rigs. The temps seem to be lower now.

I had to do GFCI breakers because the basement is unfinished and it is a code requirement. I'd hate to see the temps on a hot humid summer day (90 - 100). Not sure if it is going to work - lol!

I'll be adding exhaust fans for the basement soon and also modifying the return ducts above the rigs so the hot air can be spread throughout the house in the winter.

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Yikes. doesn't sound fun. I have an external office attached to my garage that i'm running my rigs out of. I bought a super exhaust fan (3000+ CFM) to install into the ceiling and vent into the attic. If that doesn't work well i'll put the fan venting the attic outside and put vents in the ceiling to pull the hot air out. Not looking forward to summer here (100f days aren't uncommon). Fun times for mining.