Vega 64 or Rx Nitro+ for Electroneum mining

SkirganaitorSkirganaitor Member Posts: 17
Hi, ive been mining ethereum for a while now, but i was just introduced to another coin that apparently is doing/going to be doing very well with mining. Electroneum is apparently really easy to mine and gives similar monthly income to ether mining. what i want to know, is it better to buy one rig of 6 Vega 64, or 2 rigs of Nitro+ GB cards. My source that told me about Electroneum said the Vega cards are better but i want other opinions on this, or should i just scrap the idea and continue to mine ethereum

Comments

• lablettlablett Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    edited February 18
    I have 7 rigs and each has 5 x 580(mixed vendors) and I switched to mining Electroneum just before Christmas. I got 850 - 950 on my older 580's and my new 580 Nitro+ 8G gives me 1000 H/s. However, I switched last Friday to Ethereum classic due to profitability and the upcoming fork.

I have found that ETN (CryptoNote), which is based on Monero, requires much less power. Hence the Vega cards will, and do based on this story https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/, mine ETN better that ETH.

Based on various threads, stories, etc the Vega cards need to be kept cooler to perform well.

The Vega cards remind me of my 280X which would always run hot and they were a pain in the arse. Personally I am going to skip the Vega as the third party cooled ones are too expensive(over a 580).

ETN is set to sky rocket on the 26th I would look at three options:

1)High Risk : Buy ETN with the money you were going to build the rig.
    2)Medium Risk : Build a rig based on Vega's and mine what is most profitable.
    2)Low Risk : Build a rig based on 580's and mine what is most profitable.

Please note this is not financial advice and you should only spend what you are willing to lose! If you go for option 1 and make a mint please remember me ;-)

I have gone through the same thought process recently. I used to mine ETH and before Christmas I switched to Electronuem(ETN). My rigs have only have 580’s and mining ETN, which is based on Monero(cryptonight), used less power averages 900 H/s. I bought a Nitro+ 8gb over a Vega recently and that gave me 1000 H/s. Due to the price drop in ETN I switched to Ethereum classic(ETC) as it is forking at the end of month. Once ETC forks I will switch back to ETH.
    Take a look at the following article and you can see the Vega is well suited to ETN.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/
    Based on different threads the Vega series is more suited to ETN as the algorithm does not stress the GPU as much as ETH/ETC. The Vega reminds me of my old 280x which ran hot and were always a pain in the arse. I am going to skip the Vega series as the third party cooler cards are way too expensive.

It is also important to remember that ETN is about to sky rocket on the 26th Feb and start ramping up. In summary you have three options:-
    1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free
    edited February 18
    I have gone through the same thought process recently. I used to mine ETH and before Christmas I switched to Electronuem(ETN). My rigs have only have 580’s and mining ETN, which is based on Monero(cryptonight), used less power averages 900 H/s. I bought a Nitro+ 8gb over a Vega recently and that gave me 1000 H/s. Due to the price drop in ETN I switched to Ethereum classic(ETC) as it is forking at the end of month. Once ETC forks I will switch back to ETH.
    Just google and ETN does mine very well on Vega!
    Based on different threads the Vega series is more suited to ETN as the algorithm does not stress the GPU as much as ETH/ETC. The Vega reminds me of my old 280x which ran hot and were always a pain in the arse. I am going to skip the Vega series as the third party cooler cards are way too expensive.

It is also important to remember that ETN is about to sky rocket on the 26th Feb and start ramping up. In summary you have three options:-
    1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free.
    2) Medium Risk / High Effort – Buy Vega cards.
    3) Low Risk / Medium Effort – Buy Nitro cards.
    Take a look at the following article and you can see the Vega is well suited to ETN.

https://reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free
  • jon89007jon89007 Member Posts: 8
    Ne pas commander chez eux !!! C'est une arnaque !!!!! Commande jamais reçu et mon compte a été supprimé!
    J'ai signalé ce site aux autorités et je vous invite à faire autant!
    edited May 25
    jon89007 said:

Ne pas commander chez eux !!! C'est une arnaque !!!!! Commande jamais reçu et mon compte a été supprimé!
    J'ai signalé ce site aux autorités et je vous invite à faire autant!

Translated

Do not order at home !!! It's a scam !!!!! Order never received and my account has been deleted!
    I reported this site to the authorities and I invite you to do so!