Vega 64 or Rx Nitro+ for Electroneum mining

SkirganaitorSkirganaitor Member Posts: 16
Hi, ive been mining ethereum for a while now, but i was just introduced to another coin that apparently is doing/going to be doing very well with mining. Electroneum is apparently really easy to mine and gives similar monthly income to ether mining. what i want to know, is it better to buy one rig of 6 Vega 64, or 2 rigs of Nitro+ GB cards. My source that told me about Electroneum said the Vega cards are better but i want other opinions on this, or should i just scrap the idea and continue to mine ethereum

Comments

• lablettlablett Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
    edited February 18
    I have 7 rigs and each has 5 x 580(mixed vendors) and I switched to mining Electroneum just before Christmas. I got 850 - 950 on my older 580's and my new 580 Nitro+ 8G gives me 1000 H/s. However, I switched last Friday to Ethereum classic due to profitability and the upcoming fork.

I have found that ETN (CryptoNote), which is based on Monero, requires much less power. Hence the Vega cards will, and do based on this story https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/, mine ETN better that ETH.

Based on various threads, stories, etc the Vega cards need to be kept cooler to perform well.

The Vega cards remind me of my 280X which would always run hot and they were a pain in the arse. Personally I am going to skip the Vega as the third party cooled ones are too expensive(over a 580).

ETN is set to sky rocket on the 26th I would look at three options:

1)High Risk : Buy ETN with the money you were going to build the rig.
    2)Medium Risk : Build a rig based on Vega's and mine what is most profitable.
    2)Low Risk : Build a rig based on 580's and mine what is most profitable.

Please note this is not financial advice and you should only spend what you are willing to lose! If you go for option 1 and make a mint please remember me ;-)

I have gone through the same thought process recently. I used to mine ETH and before Christmas I switched to Electronuem(ETN). My rigs have only have 580’s and mining ETN, which is based on Monero(cryptonight), used less power averages 900 H/s. I bought a Nitro+ 8gb over a Vega recently and that gave me 1000 H/s. Due to the price drop in ETN I switched to Ethereum classic(ETC) as it is forking at the end of month. Once ETC forks I will switch back to ETH.
    Take a look at the following article and you can see the Vega is well suited to ETN.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/
    Based on different threads the Vega series is more suited to ETN as the algorithm does not stress the GPU as much as ETH/ETC. The Vega reminds me of my old 280x which ran hot and were always a pain in the arse. I am going to skip the Vega series as the third party cooler cards are way too expensive.

It is also important to remember that ETN is about to sky rocket on the 26th Feb and start ramping up. In summary you have three options:-
    1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free
    edited February 18
    I have gone through the same thought process recently. I used to mine ETH and before Christmas I switched to Electronuem(ETN). My rigs have only have 580’s and mining ETN, which is based on Monero(cryptonight), used less power averages 900 H/s. I bought a Nitro+ 8gb over a Vega recently and that gave me 1000 H/s. Due to the price drop in ETN I switched to Ethereum classic(ETC) as it is forking at the end of month. Once ETC forks I will switch back to ETH.
    Just google and ETN does mine very well on Vega!
    Based on different threads the Vega series is more suited to ETN as the algorithm does not stress the GPU as much as ETH/ETC. The Vega reminds me of my old 280x which ran hot and were always a pain in the arse. I am going to skip the Vega series as the third party cooler cards are way too expensive.

It is also important to remember that ETN is about to sky rocket on the 26th Feb and start ramping up. In summary you have three options:-
    1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free.
    2) Medium Risk / High Effort – Buy Vega cards.
    3) Low Risk / Medium Effort – Buy Nitro cards.
    Take a look at the following article and you can see the Vega is well suited to ETN.

https://reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/

1) High Risk / Low Effort – Spend your rig money on ETN now. Price rises and you get your rig for free
  • MinecryptobrotherMinecryptobrother Member Posts: 6
    We have the pleasure to present ETH Gpu Mining Rigs available on our e-Shop : https://Minecryptobrother.com

Ethereum Miner 540MH
    3x The SimpleXX Stacker frame
    3x Intel Celeron G1840 Processor
    3x Asrock H81 Pro BTC motherboard
    3x 6 AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB
    3x 4GB DDR4 Memory
    3x 240GB SDD HDD
    3x 1000W Gold powersupply
    3x Windows 10 operating system
    Power wattage 2100W

Ethereum mining rig 255mh/s
    The Aluminium angle frame
    Celeron G3900 Processor
    Biostrar TB250+
    8x AMD MSI RX 580 GPU(Sapphire,Asus,MSI)
    Fury DDR4 8GB Memory
    Kingston 120GB SSD Harddisk
    EVGA 1300w power supply / 1200w platinium powersupply
    ethOS operating system
    6xusb pci Risers
    NEW stackable frame
    4x1300rpm cooling fans at the miner back
    plug and play setup/simple mining.net software
    Uses ONLY 960w of power

Ethereum GPU Miner 180MH/s
    The Aluminium angle frame NEW stackable
    Celeron G1860/G3900 Processor
    Asrock H81 Pro BTC motherboard/Biostar TB250
    6 x AMD RX580 8gb GPU(Sapphire,MSI,Gigabyte,XFX)
    Fury DDR3/DDR4 8GB Memory
    120GB SSD HDD
    EVGA 1300w/2x650w power supply
    ethOS operating system
    plug and play setup
    Uses ONLY 900w of power
    extra cooling 3x120mm fans

We accept Crypto Payment : BTC,BCH,ETH,ETC,DSH,LTC,ZEC,

Minecryptobrother.com is an seller of Cryptocurrency mining hardware . Minecryptobrother.com provides Bitcoin mining Hardware, Ethereum Mining Hardware , ZCASH Mining Hardware,Litecoin Mining Hardware,Monero Mining Hardware , Hardware Parts to high volume buyers like company, organizations for rewarded, as well as the enthusiast end-user.

In order to deliver the best mining hash rate, most up-to-date technology in the cryptocurrency mining industry, Minecryptobrother.com maintains relationships with many Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware manufacturers. Minecryptobrother.com uses our relationships to develop best investment on mining hardware today. Minecryptobrother.com's systems are engineered with input from all of top manufacturers which ensures Minecryptobrother.com product offers are high quality and a great value for investment on Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware.

With an outstanding sales and support staff, all of the information a consumer needs to make the right decision on their budget for Cryptocurrency mining hardware purchase .

Minecryptobrother.com's pride, focus and commitment allow them to provide their customers with the very best profitable Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware for today and the future. The goal at Minecryptobrother.com.com is to satisfy customers' needs and to become an integral part of our day-to-day operations.

www.Minecryptobrother.com

CRYPTOCURRENCY BROTHER LTD

Company number 11011491

Suite 108 Chase Business Centre, 39-41 Chase Side, London, England, N14 5BP

www.Minecryptobrother.com