Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb hashrate

td1912td1912 Member Posts: 1
I built a new rig started with 2 brand new Sapphire Pulse (hashrate calculated at 25.97MH/s each card). Then I went and bought 3 same brand new sapphire Pulse and add them to my rig. But with the 3 new cards, the hashrate drops down to 21.75 MS/s each.
Does anyone know the cause of this.
Thanks a lot

Comments

• SublimeMudTimeSublimeMudTime Member Posts: 2
    can you lay out more details? OS, drivers, radeon set in graphics mode or compute?
    What does GPU-z report for stats as you mine?
  • SkirganaitorSkirganaitor Member Posts: 17
    What psu are you using, could the cards not be getting enough power?
  • xpointxpoint Member Posts: 17
    edited February 9
    25.97 is to small hash, if hashrate drops change bios mod settings( straps, mem )
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 100
    td1912 said:

I built a new rig started with 2 brand new Sapphire Pulse (hashrate calculated at 25.97MH/s each card). Then I went and bought 3 same brand new sapphire Pulse and add them to my rig. But with the 3 new cards, the hashrate drops down to 21.75 MS/s each.
    Thanks a lot

Your cards are not set to compute mode in the driver. If you installed the latest AMD driver you have to manually set each card to compute mode. Or you can save yourself a lot of time and download the Beta Blockchain driver. With the Beta driver you don't have to set each card to compute mode.
  • maxshah912maxshah912 Member Posts: 15
    asusrig said:

td1912 said:

Thanks a lot

Your cards are not set to compute mode in the driver. If you installed the latest AMD driver you have to manually set each card to compute mode. Or you can save yourself a lot of time and download the Beta Blockchain driver. With the Beta driver you don't have to set each card to compute mode.

Just question I know probably it won’t but blockchain. Beta driver let you use more then 8 GPu on windows ?
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited February 14
    Nope. Need the newer drivers for More than 8 GPU. New drivers work great btw, just have to switch to compute mode.
  • zhaochengwuzhaochengwu Member Posts: 2
    Did you mod your cards' bios?