Released ! MadMiner - An ethereum dual miner for AMD GPUs

Comments

• MadKernelMadKernel Member Posts: 48
    edited February 7
    Ericjh801 said:

I'm currently using nanopool. Looking at my other solo cards, no rejections using claymore. Hashrate of your program to claymore were pretty close, within 0.25 of each other.

Good, thanks.
    I'm mining for about 1/14 of hour , 16 acceped / 0 rej shares.
    I entered 0x1bb8630ed86058e88fa19148beda057bb3624cc1.MadKernel/castelli_giovanni@libero.it
    as -O params in the config panel of the miner, maybe wrong config params?
    Later I will check to enter a wrong address / malformatted params and see how happens.
    I will mine at this address of nanopool for for other 6 hours but now all it seems ok.
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 218 ✭✭
    sounds good. I was using my ethaddress.rginame/emailaddress just like it showed to do. I didn't get to see the message about rejected because the miner started over it said it couldn't detect a hashrate. More verbose logging would still be nice :)
    edited February 7
    Ericjh801 said:

sounds good. I was using my ethaddress.rginame/emailaddress just like it showed to do. I didn't get to see the message about rejected because the miner started over it said it couldn't detect a hashrate. More verbose logging would still be nice :)

In the weekend I will work to the miner to enhance logging.
    All the visual log will be put to files, and I want also to introduce a feature to save screenshot of the desktop as images, and obviously a function to search and display the log with the latest images available.

PS: I was testing the miner using malformatted eth addres but it will pass authentication and the shares seems to be accepted anyway.
    Yeah I don't think it was the address I entered/etc. I followed your instructions on that one. I'll play with it some more this week and keep an eye on it this time.
    Anyway the next release will logs all the info on file so if it happens again we'll see what is the cause. Thank you very much.
    How long before you think you'll have another release?
    edited February 7
    If you simply want all the log to the files late tomorrow (24h) I can do it, for implementing all the features I described, almost all the weekend.
    Log only would be okay to start.
    edited February 8
    This is the result of the test:

Miner hashrate 30.7
    Pool hashrate 27.8
    Ericjh801 said:

Nice.

I never used nanopool so I don't know if -10% real pool framerate vs Miner is a typical value.
    What typical hashrate 'degradation' do you observe using Claymore?

New Miner version released
    Will Log all the displayed info to file.
    Faster inizialization of the mining process.
    Added config examples/templates for other pools.

MadMiner1.0c.zip
    ZipPassword : MadMiner
    So my hashrate in Claymore is around 29mhs but only 25 in MadMiner. Any ideas why it's that much less reporting back to me? I guess what really matters is what shares it finds but we shall let it go for a few hours to compare to claymore. I ran claymore for 5.75 hours so will try to do the same here.
  • umarnazarumarnazar Member Posts: 5
    22:15:26] Connecting to stratum server us.ubiqpool.io:8888
    [22:15:26] Connected to stratum server us.ubiqpool.io : 8888
    [22:15:26] Response incomplete!
    [22:15:26] Failed to readResponse : End of file

any advice or tip?
    edited February 8
    Ericjh801 said:

So my hashrate in Claymore is around 29mhs but only 25 in MadMiner. Any ideas why it's that much less reporting back to me? I guess what really matters is what shares it finds but we shall let it go for a few hours to compare to claymore. I ran claymore for 5.75 hours so will try to do the same here.

A much better comparison will be done if someone with a rig test the miner, so the variance of the hashrate will be less and we can do a real comparison respect to only one card. My test, based on static benchmark, on my 2 cards give MadMiner 1-2% better than Claymore. Anyway I will continue to develop.
    edited February 8
    umarnazar said:

22:15:26] Connecting to stratum server us.ubiqpool.io:8888
    [22:15:26] Connected to stratum server us.ubiqpool.io : 8888
    [22:15:26] Failed to readResponse : End of file

any advice or tip?

A version of the executable and a default config that seems to work (please modify the eth address/rig with yours) .
    This version uses the stratum protocol to connect the pool. By default MadMiner uses EThStratum.
    Actually this protocol is not configurable. In next releases probably will be.

MadMinerStratum.zip
    Thanks, I have 10 gpu rig. It seems like it is limited to 10 GPUs and my first one is internal graphic one. So total coming up is 9 GPU. and because it cannot make dag file for my internal gpu the mining stops.
    I have double clicked gpu0 to stop it to mine, but it still tries to mine from it.
    Help
    That's a good bug find @umarnazar I'm hoping the author can add another row of GPU's also to make it easier for those larger rigs. I've been running it on another machine and so far so good with 1 GPU now.
    umarnazar said:

Thanks, I have 10 gpu rig. It seems like it is limited to 10 GPUs and my first one is internal graphic one. So total coming up is 9 GPU. and because it cannot make dag file for my internal gpu the mining stops.
    I have double clicked gpu0 to stop it to mine, but it still tries to mine from it.
    Help

Thank for reporting the issue. I will try to figure out and solving the cause.
    umarnazar said:

Help

Released new version, rewrite the logic that lists devices.
    Added a filter to exclude cards with less than 'N' GB.
    Supports up to 12 GPUs.
    In the config folder there is a working template used to mine UBIQ.
    Click on my profile to get others info about release or read instruction maual.

DOWNLOAD LINK: MadMiner 1.04d.zip
    PASSWORD: MadMiner
    it seems it is only mining with the first GPU i.e GPU 0. how can I fix that?
    edited February 10
    I'm very afraid of it.
    Can you send me a mail message ( see my profile info) containing the log of the startup (logs folder 2018_02_10m.txt) file and the defaultConfig.mad file.
    The miner doesn't start also if you select only 2 gpus ?
    Can I offer to refund for time you are trashing in ?

Giovanni
    edited February 10
    At the moment the only thing i found maybe the system crashes if all gpus are starting together, I will soon add this option to initialize GPUs one by one.
    Post edited by MadKernel on
    No, the mining start but I can only see GPU 0 mining, the rest 9 GPU are completely stagnant not working at all.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    Any plans to implement pascal algo for dual mining?
    edited February 11
    To implement a Pascal algo for dual mining maybe require a month or two of work and maybe we finish with a not wery well working implementation .
    So my priority, actually , is to fix user reported bugs or issues, like umarnazar's or add features that can make attractive the miner in this early phase
    Take in account that I can dedicate max two day a week for the project.
    I have also another version of kernel a little faster, specially in dual mining mode, but I can't distribute it now for a couple of reason.
    The next planned step is to setup an environment to compile AMD OpenCL/asm kernels compatible with windows opencl binaries. I will try AMD ROC platform but I cannot have time to start with.
    Jukebox said:

By the way , have you tested my miner?
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    Any plans for linux version without gui?
    rmh said:

Any plans for linux version without gui?

Lot of work, very less experienced in linux but the very problem is little time available.
    So I can't to maintan a multiplatform project, so I prefer stay focused on what I better know.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    MadKernel said:

Jukebox said:

It seems to be working now with ethermine, but need to stay on claymore because of Pascal coin.
    I can make some donation for pascal implementation, if it helps.

:)
    Jukebox said:

MadKernel said:

Jukebox said:

It seems to be working now with ethermine, but need to stay on claymore because of Pascal coin.
    I can make some donation for pascal implementation, if it helps.

:)
    Some preliminary estimates on a possible result if it will be implemented , without reduction in hashrate gives me a ratio of x16 hashes of pascal for each hash calculated for ethereum so for an ETH hashrate of 30 we will have a pasc hashrate of 240, with power consumption increased almost by a multiplier 1.35.
    Sure is dual mining is still profitable? Not in my country not, because the power cost is almost $0.21/kw.