Released ! MadMiner - An ethereum dual miner for AMD GPUs

MadKernelMadKernel Member Posts: 50
edited February 2018 in Mining
Hi to all.
I'm Giovanni from Italy.
I'm proud to present MadMiner, a dual miner for ethash/dcr.
Very simple to use graphical interface.
Optimized for R9 390 cards, very fast hash rate (30.7 MH/s stock bios).
Works also for other models!
Actually there are no dev fee, so if someone want to use/test it and post his results it is welcomed.
The application is so easy to use that there is no need a manual ... anyway a user manual is under construction and will be uploaded soon.

The download link of the miner is :
https://mega.nz/#!opAwVTJQ!Ms6_pepmgLzLC6bduc68Gh29V75sjNDHQcTXqsgqJ_4
ZIP PASSWORD: MadMiner

Operating System : Windows x64
AMD Drivers : >17 or newer
Required installation of Visual Studio Redistributables (included in zip file)

An image of the graphical interface:

ADDED INSTALLATION AND USE MANUAL:

https://mega.nz/#!d04HzR4Q!6MeGtcV-zP95nWDV2MV9UH2NfNKsORrwzU-26nFOgbs
Post edited by MadKernel on

Comments

• yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    you need to fix it , the only pool load is yours , i setup pool, save it , etc , but not loading on the principal menu you are showing as pics over. for this time its bad
    and when you stop mining , you cant never again have button "mine!" active
  • MadKernelMadKernel Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2018
    First all thanks to use my program.
    I am writing a user manual, but I interactively update this page to try explain how the software works.

This image shows the empty config menu that appear the first time you use the miner.
    (In yellow the detected GPUs : you can enable/disable it by clicking on it)

After you have configured almost one eth pool you can start mining pressing 'OK and Close' buttton . This button close the window and save the parameters as the default config (a file named DefaultConfig.mad will be automatically generated in the main folder).

If you press 'Cancel' or close the window using the upper right 'x' button in the windows no one config will be saved as default and the mining button will not be enabled and cannot start (because there are no default config yet, so null parameters).

If you want to use a saved config use 'Load Config' button to load the config and then 'OK and Close' to setup this as default config.

If you load the 'MineToMyAccount' config for testing purposes, you have also to press the 'FIND GPUs' button because this information depend on your hardware and the gpus info are missing in the test file.

But first of all can you check in the main folder the presence of the file 'DefaultConfig.mad', generated/updated when you press 'OK and close' button ?
    If is missed probably the executable or the folder haven't write access permisson and so the app can save/update the config.

Thanks again and let me know if this info was helpful.

Installation and use manual done MadMiner_MANUAL.pdf:
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    What's the max # of supported GPU's for this? I might give it a try and see how it goes.
    edited February 2018
    Ericjh801 said:

What's the max # of supported GPU's for this? I might give it a try and see how it goes.

At the moment the miner was tested only by me using 2 GPUs, a 7950 and a R9 390x and it goes very well. It can support also other GPUS architecture but no one have tested it so I'm very grateful if you can give it a try and give feedback to me.
    The miner itself can handle up to sixteen GPU, but none has tested this feature, neither is supported by the graphical frontend. It can handle max 10 GPU.
    I suggest to run 2 instance of the miner in two distinct folders and divide the GPUs on each one selecting it from the config window.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Got error
    Failed to readResponse : End of file

Can't figure out where i need to put my ethereum wallet
    What is your mining pool , I will test now.
    Jukebox said:

Got error

What is your pool? I test to see what is the problem.
    edited February 2018
    Jukebox said:

Got error

I understand your problem and probably I just fixed out.
    Read the instruction in your pool and search how to configure 'Genoil' or 'Ethminer fork'.
    Now the old UserId/password edit boxes in the configuration panel are substituted by a single edit box (labeled -O) in which you have to put the params.

For example if you are using nanopool the command line help for Genoil is:
    ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -O YOUR_ADDRESS.YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

So in the miner you have to write:

This is the link of the fixed version of the miner.
    MadMiner_1.0b.zip
    Zip password : 'MadMiner'

Let me know.Thanks for your patience.
    My current rigs have 8 and soon 12 so i'll see what I can do. If it doesn't instantly work, I can't afford to mess with it too much as that's costing me money :)
    MadKernel said:

Ericjh801 said:

At the moment the miner was tested only by me using 2 GPUs, a 7950 and a R9 390x and it goes very well. It can support also other GPUS architecture but no one have tested it so I'm very grateful if you can give it a try and give feedback to me.
    The miner itself can handle up to sixteen GPU, but none has tested this feature, neither is supported by the graphical frontend. It can handle max 10 GPU.
    I suggest to run 2 instance of the miner in two distinct folders and divide the GPUs on each one selecting it from the config window.
    Ericjh801 said:

My current rigs have 8 and soon 12 so i'll see what I can do. If it doesn't instantly work, I can't afford to mess with it too much as that's costing me money :)

MadKernel said:

Ericjh801 said:

I understand very well your position. Thank you for the feedback, It was and will be useful to improve the config of the miner.
    What language is the program written in?
    edited February 2018
    Ericjh801 said:

What language is the program written in?

Described in readme!.txt
    MadMiner.exe in Lazarus, miner and stratum in c++.
    At the moment I can't give you feedback, I'm in office and the internet connection is monitored.
    I have modified the miner and upate the config picture in the previous post, but the comment is awaiting approval by admin.
    edited February 2018
    Jukebox said:

Got error

I will repost the same info blocked yesterday to configure the mining params and the link of a new zip files, containing a fix to the config panel :

This is a picture mostrating a template of config to an ethereum pool (nanopool):

From the mining manual:

The miner uses ethash stratum protocol , compatibile with the major pools.
    Use the help page of your favourite ethash pool to find the appropriate config values.
    Search config values for Genoil or Ethminer fork.

If you want use also a DCR pool please configure it, preferably
    using the ccminer config parameters.

If someone want to download and use the miner:

MadMiner1.0b.zip PASSWORD OF ZIP FILE : MadMiner
    I get an error when trying to use an NVIDIA card.

==================================================
    This project uses some of the ETH C++ libraries
    from a old branch of the glorious Genoil's ethminer
    This version of the miner is free to use.
    At the moment there isn't any developer fee.
    __ __ _ _ __ _
    | \/ | | | |/ / | |
    | \ / | __ _ __| | ' / ___ _ __ _ __ ___| |
    | |\/| |/ _` |/ _` | < / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
    | | | | (_| | (_| | . \ __/ | | | | | __/ |
    |_| |_|\__,_|\__,_|_|\_\___|_| |_| |_|\___|_|
    [20:02:24] Found OpenCL device [ GeForce GTX 1070[20:02:24] Connected to stratum server eth-us-west1.nanopool.org : 9999
    [20:02:24] Starting farm
    [20:02:25] Subscribed to stratum server
    [20:02:25] New ETH job ID: 2eab8b11
    [20:02:25] Initialising miner...
    [20:02:26] Using platform: NVIDIA CUDA
    [20:02:26] Using device: GeForce GTX 1070 ___( OpenCL 1.2 CUDA )
    [20:02:27] DAG SIZE = 19398647
    [20:02:27] LOADING BINARIES FROM FILE: Kernels\mad_miner-GeForce GTX 1070-64.bin
    [20:02:27] BINARIES NOT FOUND: Kernels\mad_miner-GeForce GTX 1070-64.bin
    [20:02:27] Cannot load binaries for device : GeForce GTX 1070[20:02:27] New ETH job ID: f2d79b18

Let me know and i'll continue testing. Once I can get a feel for it on one of my gaming machines, i'll try it on a rig machine with 8 cards and compare to Claymore.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    MadKernel said:

Jukebox said:

Got error

eu1.ethermine.org:4444 as default
    edited February 2018
    Ericjh801 said:

I get an error when trying to use an NVIDIA card.

This project uses some of the ETH C++ libraries
    from a old branch of the glorious Genoil's ethminer
    This version of the miner is free to use.
    At the moment there isn't any developer fee.
    __ __ _ _ __ _
    | \/ | | | |/ / | |
    | \ / | __ _ __| | ' / ___ _ __ _ __ ___| |
    | |\/| |/ _` |/ _` | < / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _ \ |
    | | | | (_| | (_| | . \ __/ | | | | | __/ |
    |_| |_|\__,_|\__,_|_|\_\___|_| |_| |_|\___|_|
    [20:02:24] Found OpenCL device [ GeForce GTX 1070[20:02:24] Connected to stratum server eth-us-west1.nanopool.org : 9999
    [20:02:24] Starting farm
    [20:02:25] Subscribed to stratum server
    [20:02:25] New ETH job ID: 2eab8b11
    [20:02:25] Initialising miner...
    [20:02:26] Using platform: NVIDIA CUDA
    [20:02:26] Using device: GeForce GTX 1070 ___( OpenCL 1.2 CUDA )
    [20:02:27] DAG SIZE = 19398647
    [20:02:27] LOADING BINARIES FROM FILE: Kernels\mad_miner-GeForce GTX 1070-64.bin
    [20:02:27] BINARIES NOT FOUND: Kernels\mad_miner-GeForce GTX 1070-64.bin
    [20:02:27] Cannot load binaries for device : GeForce GTX 1070[20:02:27] New ETH job ID: f2d79b18

Let me know and i'll continue testing. Once I can get a feel for it on one of my gaming machines, i'll try it on a rig machine with 8 cards and compare to Claymore.

Unfortunately,, only AMD devices are supported, as stated in the title of the post.
    At the moment I have neither resources and time to support it.
    Anyway thanks for all, maybe in the future NVIDIA cards will be included.
    That's unfortunate. I'll see if I can test it with one of my rigs sometime but hate down time so we shall see. Thanks.
    I have it running on one of my single AMD machines. Seems to work okay. Is there an "uptime" type feature that shows how long it's been running? If not could you add that? Claymore shows how many minutes it's been going as it's hashing through and it's nice to know :) Thanks.
    edited February 2018
    Jukebox said:

MadKernel said:

Jukebox said:

Got error

eu1.ethermine.org:4444 as default

Tested a few minutes until a share was found. Seems works good.
    In the weekeend I can work to the miner, will be released a version that improve the startup/initialization time of the miner.
    edited February 2018
    Ericjh801 said:

I have it running on one of my single AMD machines. Seems to work okay. Is there an "uptime" type feature that shows how long it's been running? If not could you add that? Claymore shows how many minutes it's been going as it's hashing through and it's nice to know :) Thanks.

It will be added for sure. Anyway you can determine uptime (and failures) reading the log showed in the 'Main log' window.
    edited February 2018
    So I ended up with 2 rejected shares. Is there a log file anywhere to be found? The main log looked like it reset twice so not sure what's causing it. Let me know if there's a log file in text or something I can look at.
    Ericjh801 said:

So I ended up with 2 rejected shares. Is there a log file anywhere to be found? The main log looked like it reset twice so not sure what's causing it. Let me know if there's a log file in text or something I can look at.

No detailed log file will be generated. ( I will include it in next releases.) Based on my previous tests the share is rejected because it's stale or there are connectivity problems (share will be submitted seconds later). This info maybe it in the log of the pool.
    Yeah I couldn't find anything. I usually have 0 rejected shares on that machine and then it hits 2 in a row. I switched back to CLaymore until you have another version with more verbose logging. Look forward to trying it.
    Can you post about info hardware you used and reported sharerate?
    Ericjh Can you post about info hardware you used and reported sharerate?
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    MadKernel said:

First all thanks to use my program.
    I am writing a user manual, but I interactively update this page to try explain how the software works.

This image shows the empty config menu that appear the first time you use the miner.
    (In yellow the detected GPUs : you can enable/disable it by clicking on it)

After you have configured almost one eth pool you can start mining pressing 'OK and Close' buttton . This button close the window and save the parameters as the default config (a file named DefaultConfig.mad will be automatically generated in the main folder).

If you press 'Cancel' or close the window using the upper right 'x' button in the windows no one config will be saved as default and the mining button will not be enabled and cannot start (because there are no default config yet, so null parameters).

If you want to use a saved config use 'Load Config' button to load the config and then 'OK and Close' to setup this as default config.

If you load the 'MineToMyAccount' config for testing purposes, you have also to press the 'FIND GPUs' button because this information depend on your hardware and the gpus info are missing in the test file.

But first of all can you check in the main folder the presence of the file 'DefaultConfig.mad', generated/updated when you press 'OK and close' button ?
    If is missed probably the executable or the folder haven't write access permisson and so the app can save/update the config.

Thanks again and let me know if this info was helpful.

Installation and use manual done MadMiner_MANUAL.pdf:

i did all of that . no way to use "mine!" again, and "ok & close" dont launch

edit: when i remove stratum+tcp ... it seem to active |Mine!| button but then same result as jukebox ...
    [11:13:11] Subscribed to stratum server
    [11:13:11] Failed to readResponse : End of file
    [11:13:11] Reconnecting in 3 seconds...
    edited February 2018
    Yodi
    I update yesterdy the miner, the config mask was bugged(see previous post) :

MadMiner1.0b.zip PASSWORD OF ZIP FILE : MadMiner
    At the moment I can't give you other feedback, can you post please the pool you use?
    It's using an RX 580 8GB card on a gaming system. Have never had a stale/rejected share on Claymore before on the machine, yet the first 2 it finds with yours ended up being rejected. (none accepted, so 0/2). I might let it run longer today but we shall see.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks
    MadKernel said:

edited February 2018
    MadKernel said:

Ericjh Can you post about info hardware you used and reported hashrate?

Ericjh801 said:

It's using an RX 580 8GB card on a gaming system. Have never had a stale/rejected share on Claymore before on the machine, yet the first 2 it finds with yours ended up being rejected. (none accepted, so 0/2). I might let it run longer today but we shall see.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks

MadKernel said:

I just launched a test run on the pool. Are you using nanopool ?
    And about the hashrate ? Compared to Claymore?
    edited February 2018
    I am runing the test using same files in 1.0bzip version, I will continue to test for a few hours.
    After about 40 mins the miner founds 2 share, accepted.
    I noticed the pool mining params are setting to a very high difficulty.
    If you want to continue the test using only 1 card I suggest to switch mining to miningpoolhub. Very ugly interface but very stable and very lower difficulty (many shared submitted).
    It has also very interesting features, like 'autoexcange' wallet so if you haven't a yet the mininmal eth payout you can convert the balance from ETH to another coin, where the commission fees and payouts are lower. I use thes feature to send little sums to poloniex.

I'm currently using nanopool. Looking at my other solo cards, no rejections using claymore. Hashrate of your program to claymore were pretty close, within 0.25 of each other.