Paying for assistance: GA-Z270P-D3 will not boot with 6 GPUs (https://youtu.be/AxptZTBSP5A)

SaphSaph Member Posts: 45
edited February 3 in Mining
£50 to whoever figures out what's wrong, preferably with paypal (having wallet sync issues as well.....)

I've picked up Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3 (Revision 1.0) https://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NCS9QS5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I can't for the life of me get six GPUs working.

I'm using AMDs mining driver support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx and I've flashed the BIOS to F7, F8a doesn't boot whatsoever, and F6 doesn't pick up a bootable device.

Tested 18 risers & all PCIe slots & GPUs, they all work individually.

Any combination of five GPUs works, as soon as six are connected it does this:

Tried so far unsuccessfully:

- Change “Max Link Speed” setting from “Auto” to “Gen2”(M.I.T / Miscellaneous Settings / Max Link Speed)
- Change “Initial Display Output” setting from “PCIe 1 Slot" to “IGFX” (Peripherals)
- Change “Above 4G Decoding” setting from “Disabled" to “Enabled” (Peripherals) (if needed) - not needed with this BIOS, no 4G decoding option.
- Change “Internal Graphics” setting from “Auto” to “Enabled”(Chipset)
Post edited by Saph on

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 225 ✭✭
    I think I have a fix for you. Different motherboard LOL :) I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas. You've tried pretty much everything.
  • SaphSaph Member Posts: 45
    Starting to lose the will to live with this one mate.
    Personally I'm using Biostar BTC-250+ for 8 card GPU setups. I haven't had any issues, plug them in and they all work. If I was in your spot, I'd be looking to change for now just to get all my cards online. (Biostar BTC-250 supports 6 and is cheaper than the +).
  • kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    edited February 3
    Make sure you have latest updated Windows version

1. With 5 GPUs, boot into safe mode.
    2. Use DDU (display driver uninstaller ) and remove existing drivers and choose shutdown.
    3. Make sure PSU is switched off. Add the 6th GPU and Clear CMOS (use a flathead screwdriver to short the pins or jumper
    4. Power up and just choose continue with the default settings
    5. You should boot into into windows but without graphic drivers installed
    6. To check, goto Device manager and see if there are 6 vga devices. Sometimes you have to wait awhile for the devices to register. If not, reboot and enter Bios and select 'Above 4G decoding - enabled' and then reboot
    7. If yes, run and install the beta AMD blockchain driver.The screen will flash several times and you may have to wait awhile. When completed, reboot
    8. See if Windows boots up with all 6 GPUS recognised and enabled in Device Manager. If there is an exclamation mark next to GPU, run atikmdag-patcher and reboot

If this works, let me know and I'll pm the account for donation. If not, then you may have to change mobo as suggested
  • SaphSaph Member Posts: 45
    Thanks @kentan turns out the board was faulty afterall. New board plugged in and picking up all six cards finally
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :)
    Saph said:

Thanks @kentan turns out the board was faulty afterall. New board plugged in and picking up all six cards finally

• kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    Great! Have fun mining!