Simplemining Os issue / Bad connection ?

CARevetteCARevette Member Posts: 3
Hello !

In advance, many thanks for let me in on this comunnity; I am newbie on this world, I am practically self-taugh my self.

I have build a rig with this equipment:

• H97 Asrock anniversay Mobo
    Gigabyte R9 380 GPU - - - (X6)
    DDr ram 4 GB - - - (X2)
    Supernova EVGA 850 & 750 Powers

I decided to use simpleming, mainlyto Mine eth based coins (I am looking forward to Pirl and Musicoin), so I get this 2.0 16gb USB Stick and flash it with the image of R Series, and connect to my rig, which by the way is having this connection setup:
  • 5 GPUS connected to risers
3 GPUS connected via RISERS to the 850 Power (Sata outs of the EVGA) and also the Pcie power connector of the mobo (Molex 4 pins If I am not wrong!) It's plugged with this molex cable to this 850 power too. (PERIF out of the EVGA)

2 GPUS connected via RISERS to the 750 Power (SATA outs of the EVGA) and also the main power of the MOBO and the CPU power of the mobo connected to this 750 power. (Main power and CPU power both connected with the main cables of the power, not extra cables as the others)

1 GPU connected directly to the Mobo (Into the PCIEx16 pin, the big one)

Well, here we go.

I turn on the rig and it start booting and all, but, when it gets to the console and start recognizing the miners (GPU'S) it does not recognize them...
Also, if I turn on the rig and get into bios, then go to the option of the bios to take a look of what is connected and what is not, there's no GPU's connected to the mobo, but, all the GPUS have their lights on (but not the fans) ... :|

Here's another fact,
If I connect a cable labeled as VGA which my EVGS bring with it (It's 6+2pin) and connect this cable to any of the cards and then to the power (I am connecting this to the 750 power ) the fan of this GPU which I have connected this cable, starts, and mobo recognized it and even Simplemining can mine ! But, the others GPUS without this cable, still doesnt seem to be connected ... at least for Simplemining and my mobo, and, I am pretty sure this VGA labeled cables doesnt have to be connected to every damn GPU...

Well,
I am almost getting to the point of forget about this for a while, have one week and cant get this starting...

I hope you understand my post and can gimme some help, guys.

The best,
Carlos.

Comments

• sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    You need a 6+2 cable connected to every video card... This is why the cards work with a cable connected...
    CARevette said:

If I connect a cable labeled as VGA which my EVGS bring with it (It's 6+2pin) and connect this cable to any of the cards and then to the power (I am connecting this to the 750 power )

• CARevetteCARevette Member Posts: 3
    Hello Suthek !

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate it a lot !

Well, I think about that... But I though that was enough with the power connection from the RISER which is connected into the SATA out of the Psu's. Either way,I do not have enough 6+2 cables for all the cards.

• sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    CARevette said:

Hello Suthek !

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate it a lot !

Well, I think about that... But I though that was enough with the power connection from the RISER which is connected into the SATA out of the Psu's. Either way,I do not have enough 6+2 cables for all the cards.

get more power supplies... you need power for each card. Period.
    I use molex and msata to power my risers. 1 riser per cable max.

Then my 6+2 cables go into the video cards.
  • CARevetteCARevette Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I will update this posts because my GPUS are now working fine, they are being detected.
    I just plugs VGA cables to each and It works fine... What a fool eh ? :)

Anyway... Any of you guys is aware of Simplemining OS ? I am using this software but I am now having troubles, basically, the OS just hangs before starts almost every time.