Asus Prime Z270-P mobo not detect 6x Gpu

TetrickTetrick Member Posts: 2
Hi everybody. I'm new here. And sorry for bad english... :/

Last friday i bough starter kit for miner :)
Because my money is enough for this.

Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard
Intel G4400 processor
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz ram
Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
COOLER MASTER Vanguard 850W 80+ Gold psu
6x V7 Riser
6x Asus Rog Strix RX560 O4G Gaming Gpu

I used Win10 Pro. And work with nanopool.org Used miner Claymore dual and only mine ETH

This is the story;
I were builded the rig. Setup all drivers and attached the all of the parts (6x gpu) but pc not opening. Fans starts, monitor opening with black screen with nothing and all fans stopped after 7 seconds later. And if i don't cut the power it will continue forever.
After I tried all gpu one by one. All is working well solo also change risers. Next i attach first gpu and boot then attach second and boot, third and boot. There is no trouble here. When were attached 4th gpu its not opening or 5th, 6th. Like this. LİNK

After all, I learned 4G Decoding and BIOS options (etc Gen1/2/3 etc.).
I enable the 4G Decoding and trying to all Gen1/2/3 and Auto option.
And system start with 4 cart and mining without any error. But if I attach 5th gpu system not open and BIOS returning to factory settings.

6+ hour later one-off windows opening with 6 gpu and all cart seeing in device manager. No problem here.
But when i start mining 2 cart dont mining and system giving error like this https://s27.postimg.org/w69vjyz77/280.png

GPU0, OpenCl Error
Total Speed: 37.568Mh/s
GPU0 9.280Mh/s GPU1 9.265Mh/s GPU2 0.000Mh/s GPU3 9.241Mh/s GPU4 9.276Mh/s GPU5 0.000Mh/s

All circle one GPU gives an error and 2 GPU not working.
GPU numbers are changing all error circle not fixed (0-1 or 4-5 or 1-4...) and fans of 2 cards stop working then other 2 stop, they working.

Then i tried 5 cards run (thinking maybe it will work), all is go on. I'm starting from the beginning and never work with 5th or 6th cart.
4 GPU's stable not problem.

**All drivers up to date.
**All parts are working.

PLEASE HELP ME!! :'( :'( :'(

Answers

• Wasp0Wasp0 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 23
    I had a similar issue when i added cards 4 5 6 to my rig, even posted on here (Look for my post with the Open CL error in title).

What cured it for me after tearing my hair out for 6 hours, was adding 8Gb (From 4Gb) memory. I was lucky my gaming mate in the same road as me had 2x 8Gb sticks in his gaming PC, so i borrowed one replaced the 4Gb strip in my rig and WHAM all cards now mining away!! So i ordered an extra 4Gb strip which arrives today.

Not saying this will fix your issue, but it solved mine.....! Yes i know where ever you read it says 4gb is sufficient, well for me for some reason it was not. Worth a try if you have a stick in another PC to try.

PS. I too have a ASUS Z270 MoBo, but mine is a TUF, not Prime!
  • dewminerdewminer Member Posts: 3
    Simply, the Asus Prime Z270-P is a 8GPU capable MoBo. I'm booting Linux from a USB stick, so I'm disabling the SATA controller as well.
    Here is the list of the settings for my 8GPU rig with the Z270-P:

- switch to Advanced EZ setup (F7)

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration
    - Above 4G Decoding: Enabled

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> Graphics Configuration
    - Primary Display: CPU Graphics

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> PEG PORT Configuration
    - PCIEX16_1 Link Speed: Gen2

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> PCH Configuration -> PCI Express Configuration
    - PCIe Speed: Gen2

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> PCH Storage Configuration
    - SATA Controllers: Disabled

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> Onboard Devices Conf
    - HD Audio: Disabled
    - LED Lighting: Disabled
    - M2.1 Config: PCIE
    - M2.2 Config: PCIE
    - Serial Port: Disabled

Advanced Mode -> Advanced -> System Agent (SA) Configuration -> APM Config:
    - Restore AC Power Loss: Power On

Advanced Mode -> Boot
    - Fast Boot: Disabled

Advanced Mode -> Boot -> CSM
    - Launch CSM: Enabled
    - Boot Device Control: Legacy OPROM only
    - Others: Legacy Only

It as special build "outdoor" rig

• TetrickTetrick Member Posts: 2
    Wasp0 said:

I had a similar issue when i added cards 4 5 6 to my rig, even posted on here (Look for my post with the Open CL error in title).

What cured it for me after tearing my hair out for 6 hours, was adding 8Gb (From 4Gb) memory. I was lucky my gaming mate in the same road as me had 2x 8Gb sticks in his gaming PC, so i borrowed one replaced the 4Gb strip in my rig and WHAM all cards now mining away!! So i ordered an extra 4Gb strip which arrives today.

Not saying this will fix your issue, but it solved mine.....! Yes i know where ever you read it says 4gb is sufficient, well for me for some reason it was not. Worth a try if you have a stick in another PC to try.

PS. I too have a ASUS Z270 MoBo, but mine is a TUF, not Prime!

Thank you for your information but it not work for me :(
    Also i were tried 8x2 (16GB) ram but not work too..

I'm happy to your system running very well :)

But my problem start on beginning :) When i add 5th gpu pc never open :(
  • Pyropirate89Pyropirate89 Member Posts: 5
    make sure u read your manual there are specific entry methods as to where you place the PCI-express risers. make sure u also provide enough Virtual memory or the computer cannot run properly. then follow the steps bellow. this should determine exactly where your error might be.

i would approach you issue systematically. before going into the miner determine if you computer reads all gpu's then insure they are all up to date in regards to their drivers. within device manager it is a good place to start. sometimes when using multiple gpu's they may read a GPU as just an high def audio device instead of a graphic device. after that is complete and your are sure your computer sees all gpu's then move on to a soft test something like an overclock program like msi afterburner or ECVA Pression XO. These programs test your gpu's capabilities before allowing you to over clock them which helps you understand how the miner program will work with them. (side note: EVGA only allows 4 gpu's so you will need to play with the disabling gpu's and work out grouping to work with the program) at this point you have software recognizing your gpu's and hardware recognition. at this point test out ur mining program still the same issue look at you mining set file. go through the read me .txt file and ensure you have follow all proto calls.