Can't create contract

crayons610crayons610 Member Posts: 11
I've put together a contract in solidity and gotten it to compile with http://chriseth.github.io/cpp-ethereum/
Dropping it into AlethZero produces a pending contract but no actual contract and no error messages.
What's gone wrong?

Comments

• BitcoinzieBitcoinzie Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    That's probably because solidity is still being developed heavily. Not sure where it is, but I read recently that solidity isn't fully functional yet. And I could swear I heard no Alethzero support "yet". So far no one has corrected me so i think I may be right about it.. Anyway, there's tons of people waiting for a good tutorial to bring the finer parts of solidity to view, and the case of the missing contracts is one for scooby and the gang... I don't think you're going to get many answers to your questions right now. I'd just review the current solidity docs, and js api while keeping an eye on the forums for a new solidity tutorial. I'll make sure to add any info I can to this thread as I find it or it's released :) GoodLuck
  • lefterislefteris Member Posts: 7
    As bitcoinzie said solidity is currently under very heavy development so while you can of course already play around with the language, having things not work can be quite common.

But with an alethzero in Linux compiled out of the latest develop I can actually compile the contract you linked. Which version of alethzero are you using?
  • chrisethchriseth Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Just a short remark about your contract code:
    You can use "public:" and "private:" as in C++ to prevent other contracts from calling certain functions.

Pedantic mode: Actually it is almost like in C++, because there, it is still possible to call private functions via function pointers while in Solidity, there is absolutely no way to do it.
  • crayons610crayons610 Member Posts: 11
    Cool, guess I'm just jumping the gun.
    public & private will be a nice features.
    I'm using alethzero from the ubuntu PPA.