Pool migration

MiningAmazingMiningAmazing Member Posts: 9
Hi,

I'm mining in http://ethpool.org, which has a credit system, when I reach 100% I'll get a block. Lately, I guess it's because of difficulty increase, my percentage is going backwards. I was close to 60% at the beginning of January, now at 50% :neutral:

I've decided to change to their twin pool at https://ethermine.org, but the help page "Transfer unpaid balances / credits from one wallet to another" in FAQ is not helpful. Their service desk unfortunately is neither helpful...

Anyone could change the pool without losing the credits?
How?
Could someone explain step by step?

There're some values I need to understand:

- From Address: I believe is my current pool address? In case it's not, please help me providing the way to know it.

- Signed Message using From Address or Private Key of the From Address, I don't know which method I should use to sign it...which option should I use?
Metamask / Mist
Ledger Wallet
TREZOR
Digital Bitbox
Keystore / JSON File
Mnemonic Phrase
Private Key
Parity Phrase

- To Address: The new wallet?
- Mining Address: Isn't the same as the previous value?

Thank you for your help! :smile:

Comments

• EthergrabEthergrab Member Posts: 15
    If you were solo mining unless you found a block then you would have no balance to transfer. I don't think you need to transfer any balance just point your miner at ethermine rather than ethpool and you should start to accrue balance as you are rewarded for your hashrate.

Stop by ethergrab.us and click the chat room button if you'd like more help.
  • MiningAmazingMiningAmazing Member Posts: 9
    Hi Ethergrab,

Thanks for replying, the point is that I've 0 balance and more than 1500 credits, but as the difficulty is increasing, I won't get the 100% as my machine is not able to generate enough shares to reach the 100%, or not fast enough :(

So I want ethpool to convert their credits to eth and switch somewhere I'm paid normally, I've been offered the chance to switch by ethpool, but I've doubts, which are not being solved by their servicedesk agents.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 124
    Hi, were they able to help you transfer to ethermine from ethpool? Many people are in the same boat. I contacted their help desk (ethpool) and asked them to please put a warning on their front page that if you are under 10 gh/s not to mine with them because there is a chance you will never get paid.

One option for you is to try and sell your entire address (after you have transferred any ETH in it to someone else so they can continue mining on ethpool and take over your credits. But they will probably want a discount for the inconvenience.
    Another option is to rent hash power from Nicehash to help you complete out your block. I am at 1.3 GH/s and that is also not fast enough for Ethpool. Yesterday a few mega miners came on Ethpool grabbing all the uncles and a few blocks. One was mining away at 204 GH/s with one single miner. That has to be a service like Nicehash doing that because this kind of performance equals 6,800 GPUs mining at 30 mh/s. How are you going to ever compete with that. I regret ever getting on Ethpool and feel trapped. I was happily mining on Ethermine but thought since I now had over 1 GH/s that I could take on Ethpool. Huge mistake!

I just rented 4 GH/s on Nicehash. Try that so you don't lose your credits.
  • MiningAmazingMiningAmazing Member Posts: 9
    Hi Asusrig,

I'm sorry that you're in the same situation, add now the fact that difficulty is the hardest in time...I'm really concerned about this situation:(

I'm pasting their reply:

1 - From Address: Current mining address
    2 - Signed Message using From Address or Private Key of the From Address:you need to have private key of that wallet to sign the msg to the address.
    3- To Address: New wallet
    4- Mining Address:address your mining from.

I hope it helps, but how to do step 2?

Thanks
    edited March 11

Hi Asusrig,

I'm sorry that you're in the same situation, add now the fact that difficulty is the hardest in time...I'm really concerned about this situation:(

I'm pasting their reply:

1 - From Address: Current mining address
    2 - Signed Message using From Address or Private Key of the From Address:you need to have private key of that wallet to sign the msg to the address.
    3- To Address: New wallet
    4- Mining Address:address your mining from.

I hope it helps, but how to do step 2?

Thanks

I don't know about transferring credits. I ended up finishing on Ethpool with the help of Nicehash. Purchased hashing power on Nicehash after sending Bitcoin to my NH address and then configuring for my Ethpool address. You'll want to do that since you already have 1500 credits and halfway there. You might need 1.5 - 2 ETH to get it done but at least you'll get paid 3 ETH when finished.
  • ICODAICODA MoscowMember Posts: 44
    Ohh, I did not know that is possible. Interesting research. Thanks!