Zero fee transactions on the Ethereum platform - is that possible?

Hello dear ETH forum, my first post here.
Created my first wallet, learned about gas (wei, gwei), sounds amazing - so far so good :)

As far as I understand, there can not exist a Dapp on Ethereum without paying fees for every little thing it does, since every little task needs computational power.

Provided that is true, how can there be projects like this Digitex DApp (which sounds total scam to me) that promises "Zero Trading Fees".

They elaborate in a way that makes it even more ridiculous (see below), and since my friend sent this to me, I want to use this opportunity to understand Ethereum better and save my friend from wasting his money. and I would love to do that with a true understanding of what instinctively sounds like bullshit to me:

"There are no transaction fees of any kind on the Digitex Futures Exchange. Traders can submit Maker orders or Taker orders at any time under any circumstances and pay 0% commissions on all trades forever. Digitex’s revolutionary token issuance model makes commission-free trading fully sustainable indefinitely, and it actually thrives as the exchange gets busier, ensuring the long term success of the Digitex Futures Exchange."

I confess that one of the points that made me suspicious of this ICO, is the fact that they offer 30%(!!!) commission in ETH to the greedy promoters that usually care very little for the technology or the details... I would love to find out that my guts were not wrong.

Thanks mates! :)
Yosi