Solo or Pool mining? 2800 MH/s going for 10.000 MH/s

jtssviggumjtssviggum Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I am setting up a little farm and currently I hash around 2.8 Gh. When the rest of the hardware arrives I will be hashing roughly 10 Gh (350-400 GPUs). Would you recommend solo or pool mining?

Thanks

Answers

• NekroNekro Member Posts: 16
    I would recommend a pool, but it depends on you, I think you should try both
  • miningbraminingbra Member Posts: 8
    I totally agree with Nekro, you should try at least 1 month solo and 1 month with a pool and draw conclusions on your own
  • rigproxyrigproxy Member Posts: 26
    edited February 27
    Answer after more than one month :smile: :

I would suggest you to mine solo.
    At 10GH, you should get an average of one block(mistake, thx Ericjh801) per day without any fee.

However, if you want to mine through pools, contact me, I could help you earn a little bit more with my service rigproxy.com
    Post edited by rigproxy on
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 361 ✭✭
    10GH would be .84 a day on a pool. No way you are finding your own block with that every day with the current difficulty. If so everyone would be doing it because a block pays out around 3. I would vote on pool mining as it's the safer bet.
  • rigproxyrigproxy Member Posts: 26
    You are right for 0.84, bad mistake I was thinking about 1 ETH (but it is wrong by 15% too).

However I would do it alone if had 10GH as I would not pay pool fees.
    This requires to have one or more eth node always synced with network,
    but as you have less intermediate servers, you can start mining on a new block faster (a matter of few ms).

But it is my opinion and I respect yours.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 116
    rigproxy said:

You are right for 0.84, bad mistake I was thinking about 1 ETH (but it is wrong by 15% too).

However I would do it alone if had 10GH as I would not pay pool fees.
    This requires to have one or more eth node always synced with network,
    but as you have less intermediate servers, you can start mining on a new block faster (a matter of few ms).

But it is my opinion and I respect yours.

10 GH/s is nothing these days and you could end up not getting any blocks - forget about fees lol! Just a lot of electricity and hardware wasted. On Ethpool which is solo mining pool (not true solo mining) I saw a 4 TH/s miner yesterday even after they stopped rewarding Uncles to top miners.

I also vote for pool mining.
  • LudvaniezthaLudvanieztha Member Posts: 3
    Imposible solo mining tgese days trus me every week diff is more horrible
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 361 ✭✭
    As said before 100% pool mining. I mean I guess if you had 1 THS on ETH then you could go it alone and probably do okay but in the end it will still probably even out on a pool.