Help for total beginner

ybwennayrybwennayr Member Posts: 3
Hey all!

I'm a complete noob when it comes to the software development world. I mean, some basic HTML and CSS knowledge, cursory understanding of imperative languages, etc. I am really inspired by the Ethereum project, and I see decentralized applications having major impact in the coming years. I'd like to get started as a developer, but I'm honestly confused as to where to begin.

I'm reading about the different implementations of the Ethereum client (is that the right vernacular even?), and am confused as to which to dive into. Geth, Parity, Eth, etc. Reading through even tutorials, there's a lot that seems to be required pre-requisite knowledge, but I have no idea where to begin.

I was just hoping some of you would have recommendations on what I should be spending my time on, if I want to become an Ethereum developer. I've watched a couple of tutorial videos, but even those seem to assume some things, like I don't have an IDE on my Mac, do I need one? Or is that part of the implementations? I apologize, I don't want to be spoon-fed necessarily, but if someone would give me a hand up, that would be really appreciated.

Regards!

Comments