Hashrate drops from time to time

kgitsovkgitsov Member Posts: 7
edited November 14 in Mining
Hi guys,
I'm new to mining world and still working on stability of the rig
I have 4 GPUs RX570 AORUS 4GB with samsung memory attached with 4 raisers 006c to an old motherboard (3 gpus on pci-e 1x and one gpu on pci-e 16x)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR v. 1.0
2x2GB DDR2
E5300 with x6 multiplyer at 1.25v (for lower power consumption)
80GB SATA HDD
PSU Seasonic 850W Gold
windows 10 professional 64bit
Claymore 10.1
robinh00d's blockchain driver
Mining on ethermine
BIOS mod with UBER Mix 1 timings from 1500 to 2000

So, here is my problem. My cards go weel over 2100 and even one of them work stable (with no errors) on 2180 the others max 2130-2150, but from time to time I got seriously low hasrates like 16 and 17 for one,two or even 3 cards, then on the next job they appear again with 31-31.5MH/s This cause alot of drops and ups in my graphic and my average drops to 115-116 which is about 29 on each card (this is measured in long term, like 24 hours and more)

Currently I'm running them with the following settings:

-mclock 2120 -cclock 1180 -mvddc 975 -cvddc 850 -dcri 6

And have put them to work for a certain time.

Is it possible to have this problem because of the motherboard? Or it is normal?
Do I overclock them correct with these settings or I'm trying to destabilize them intentionaly?

What cause this drops?

Thank you!

Comments

• JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    kgitsov said:

Hi guys,

So, here is my problem. My cards go weel over 2100 and even one of them work stable (with no errors) on 2180 the others max 2130-2150, but from time to time I got seriously low hasrates like 16 and 17 for one,two or even 3 cards, then on the next job they appear again with 31-31.5MH/s This cause alot of drops and ups in my graphic and my average drops to 115-116 which is about 29 on each card (this is measured in long term, like 24 hours and more)

Thank you!

Turn CPU to default clock and check again. Check ping statistics to your pool during hour-two.
  • kgitsovkgitsov Member Posts: 7
    Jukebox said:

Turn CPU to default clock and check again. Check ping statistics to your pool during hour-two.

Tried that with the CPU. No change.
    What do you mean by check ping statistics? Do I have to search in Claymore's log files? or just run a simple ping in cmd?

Accepted shares comes with 120-150ms
  • kgitsovkgitsov Member Posts: 7
    I ran ping to the ip that I connect in claymore and everything looks fine under 50ms
    But here is what I get:

I changed the driver from the one of robin h00d to the official and it is the same. I think it is from the motherboard. Or something from motherboard's bios settings... Everything is default, only CPU that I've changed but as I said there is no difference.
  • MidisMidis Member Posts: 14
    edited November 14
    kgitsov said:

I changed the driver from the one of robin h00d to the official and it is the same.

Try to change (flash) the bios to default of that gpu, and put it at pci-e 16x, (not on razer) if the problem remain then yes, you have a mobo issue. (overclocking GPU for mining is not recommended) cheers..