What is better 1060 6gb or 1060 3gb ?

Fish_minerFish_miner Member Posts: 29
edited September 2017 in Mining
If i will mine other alticoin like zcash or ETHclasic or other alticoin ,what memory size buy better ,because the prize is big difference ? I know for ETH better is 6gb because DAG file will be soon biger then 3gb but what about other altcoin ?
Post edited by Fish_miner on

Comments

• KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    @Fish_miner 3Gb will come to a limit at some point in time but nobody knows when. I bought 3G GPUs because they are indeed much cheaper and performance is similar. I know I won't be able to mine some currencies in the next 12 months but I'll mine others instead.
  • Fish_minerFish_miner Member Posts: 29
    Was doing litle bit searching @ guugle .
    3Gb is less perfomance and probabaly for top altcoins better is 6gb .
    But summary is that you need to know what altcoin you will mine, and compare the difference between perfomance. And i think 6gb rigs (or separate gpu ) will be easier to sold .
  • jjackson1207jjackson1207 Manassas, USAMember Posts: 13
    3gb is less perfomance...
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    Yes 6Gb delivers more but not enough to justify the price difference. You can find good 3G cards around 200$.
    edited September 2017

Yes 6Gb delivers more but not enough to justify the price difference. You can find good 3G cards around 200$.

I am owner of eshop ,so i am geting this cards about 180-190$ brand new! Just i have 30pcs 6gb but now when difficulty raise thinking if i need buy 3gb or 6gb . But i will stay to 6gb ,because i can resell easier.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭

I am owner of eshop ,so i am geting this cards about 180-190$ brand new! Just i have 30pcs 6gb but now when difficulty raise thinking if i need buy 3gb or 6gb . But i will stay to 6gb ,because i can resell easier.

Will you resale those cards in your shop? :)
    rmh said:

Will you resale those cards in your shop? :)
    If you talking about used card ,what is in my rigs ,then yes i will sold this card with 1 year warranty much cheaper then ebay or ali ;)
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    depends of the memory the has rate is the same, the price no.