Sapphire RX 470 Mining Edition 4GB - BIOS

Comments

• alizalializali Member Posts: 22
    i use the attached rom
    use ati flash to write the bios
    no change in after burner except fan speed to keep my card temperature about 50C

according to GPU-Z i use 93~94 watts

• RobbedushRobbedush Member Posts: 14
    Have you flashed all your cards yet? And running stable all together at the same time? And all cards running at 95w?
    final result
    cards: sapphire RX 470 4GB Elpida Mining Edition (11256-35)

driver: Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 can downloaded here:(click to download BlockChain driver)

patch cards one by one with this (Click to download the patch)

bios mode cards one by one with ATIflash(Click to download) : the bios i use is attached for you

use sapphire trixx (Click to download Sapphire Trixx)

with sapphire just we need to Undervolt each cards by -96mV
    the Core clock and Memory Clock is remained with out any change. actually the core and memory clock is preset in the BIOS.

use fix or custom fan speed (base on the place your rig is) to keep cards under 60C.
    mine is about 50C to 57C.

run Claymore and have fun
    hash rate for 7 cards is about 200Mh/s, each card is about 28.5Mh/s and very profitable power usage of 75 Watt

hash rate for 7 cards is about 200Mh/s, each card is about 28.5Mh/s and very profitable power usage of 75 Watt

email me for any help on " zali_ali@ yahoo.com" (spaces are for ant spam! remove them)

special thanks to My friend who i just know his nick name on Telegram App
    thank you PENTAhis profile image!!!

Great AliZali! I will test it with my cards. 75W is nice too. I`ll check them.

Is there no way to undervolt the cards directly in the BIOS? Then we don`t need to do it for all cards seperatly with Trixx.
  • BrunoCzarBrunoCzar Member Posts: 20
    pecasCZ said:

It didn't work. After reboot the device is with error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

I tryed to copy the value from 1625 to 1750 and 2000 but also give me the same error.

When I apply the original Rom start to work fine again.

BrunoCzar said:

pecasCZ said:

It didn't work. After reboot the device is with error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

I tryed to copy the value from 1625 to 1750 and 2000 but also give me the same error.

You need to run atikmdag-patcher. I had that same issue.
  • ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    I know this is the 4GB thread but i have an update for 8GB one with Hynix memory 30.7 mh/s, check here full benchmarks http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-for-sapphire-rx-470-8gb-mining-edition-with-hynix-memory-30-mhs/
    Yes, I have seen that thread earlier. I have asked if the same guide can be made for the 4GB version.
    Robbedush said:

Yes, I have seen that thread earlier. I have asked if the same guide can be made for the 4GB version.

Nope. i will post soon with 4GB
    BrunoCzar said:

pecasCZ said:

did you use blockchain driver + patch?
    Robbedush said:

i am wating for more 2 Mh/s as like as you
    ;)
    ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

try exactlly the same card 11256-35
    we would like it you can upgrade the hash

ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

Aahh, thanks so much! You are the best! If you need any help please let me know. I have a SHDD with Win10 and a M.2 SSD with ethOS. We can run some tests if that's needed if you don't have the cards.

alizali said:

Robbedush said:

i am wating for more 2 Mh/s as like as you
    ;)
    ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

try exactlly the same card 11256-35
    we would like it you can upgrade the hash

Robbedush said:

ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

Aahh, thanks so much! You are the best! If you need any help please let me know. I have a SHDD with Win10 and a M.2 SSD with ethOS. We can run some tests if that's needed if you don't have the cards.

same elpida memory ?
    I have Elpida and Hynix. Can't say for 100% it is an identical chip. But I have posted the original rooms To anorak.tech if I was right. But it seems that's down. I have them on my PC. Will let you know in about half an hour.
    Robbedush said:

I have Elpida and Hynix. Can't say for 100% it is an identical chip. But I have posted the original rooms To anorak.tech if I was right. But it seems that's down. I have them on my PC. Will let you know in about half an hour.

Can we test both cards via teamviewer ?
    edited October 8
    Sure! Only now i am not at the rig and it has the ethOS HDD in. TeamViewer doesnt work really well on linux :neutral:

I do have attached the original BIOS files here. :smile:

Robbedush said:

You need to run atikmdag-patcher. I had that same issue.

alizali said:

did you use blockchain driver + patch?

I'm using blockchain driver but I didn't know about this atikmdga-patcher. They didn't mention on the "Quick guide to flash your RX470/RX480 cards " post.

It's just run atikmdag-patcher.exe after apply the modded rom? Or a I need to do all the steps like this guy http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/polaris-bios-editing-rx5xx-rx4xx/1050?

Thank you
    Yes, just run it. Then the patcher shows you if the files are patched or not. If not, Patch it and reboot. If the ! isn't gone in device manager run the patcher again and again reboot.
    ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

Hi ciprianpt, I have some time in about an hour to look with Teamviewer if you also have some spare time. Just pm me and we can look.
    Robbedush said:

ciprianpt said:

Robbedush said:

Hi ciprianpt, I have some time in about an hour to look with Teamviewer if you also have some spare time. Just pm me and we can look.
    yes sure :)
  • biscuitfxbiscuitfx Member Posts: 4
    edited October 9
    Hi Ciprian,

With your latest Guide on Hynix 8GB ME, I have actually managed to bring it up from my previous 21mh/s to 29.8mh/s when I was testing it with 1 GPU. After that, I began doing the same for the rest of my GPU, one at a time.. but do not see the same result anymore..

After further checks, I realized that it is actually Trixx that stopped doing the OC and Undervolt on the GPU..
    Refer Photos attached. For some reason, I can't seem to get Trixx working anymore on any of the GPU. Do you have any suspicions of what may have caused this?

The Picture showing 24 mh/s is after Trixx stopped working..

hi
    you mean that you set the trixx @1130 coreclock and 2250 for memory clock with -96mV undervolt
    BUT
    actually your cards are working @ 1236/1750 ???
    try to use latest version of TRIXX that is 6.5
  • biscuitfxbiscuitfx Member Posts: 4
    edited October 10
    alizali said:

hi
    you mean that you set the trixx @1130 coreclock and 2250 for memory clock with -96mV undervolt
    BUT
    actually your cards are working @ 1236/1750 ???
    try to use latest version of TRIXX that is 6.5

Hi Alizali,

Yup, you got it right.. That's what I meant..
    After a couple of reboots here and there, the wonders of Trixx starts applying Core Clocks, Memory to 3 out of 5 GPUs and am getting 29 mh/s now for only 3 GPUs.

I am currently using the Version 6.4.0 from Sapphire Site:
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291&lang=eng

Is there a 6.5.0?

**** After changing to the latest MSI Afterburner Software, managed to make this work.

It may be a little off topic but I can't seem to tweak the Core Voltage setting. Have tried to enable that in the Settings Option but it still does not allow me to Tweak it.
    Post edited by biscuitfx on
    edited October 10
    1. about after burner search how to enable core voltage there are several ways to active this section.
    i find trixx is good enough for me

2. my cards was -96 undervolt and each consume 73~77 watt
    i reduce the undervolt to -200 and amazingly power go down to 60watt
    also temp is reduce averagely 5C
    hash rate does not any change
    does this under volt OK, not harmful for the cards?

update: is seems it is not stable
    Post edited by alizali on
    @alizali ill pot this days the bios for 470 4gb with hynix and elpida mems. hynix is doing 30 mh/s already, have to test the elpida one soon! thanks to @Robbedush
    ciprianpt said:

@alizali ill pot this days the bios for 470 4gb with hynix and elpida mems. hynix is doing 30 mh/s already, have to test the elpida one soon! thanks to @Robbedush

very nice
    @Robbedush do you have sapphire 4GB hynix?

@ciprianpt i have elpida and if i can any help tell me

i am still wating for best hash rate with best power consuming
    @Robbedush also have elpida cards, i will test his card soon.
    now i Upgarde the hash to 29.5 on Sapphire rx 470 4GB Elpida

the core clock and memory clock is in GPU-z
    my GPU1 is my hotest card with 60C and most power consumption about 79 Watt

i am still wait for @ciprianpt if any better result you catch

I think those values are not bad. When my AC is off all my cards also run at about 60degrees. With AC on about 52-54degrees.
    Robbedush said:

Yes, just run it. Then the patcher shows you if the files are patched or not. If not, Patch it and reboot. If the ! isn't gone in device manager run the patcher again and again reboot.

pecasCZ said:

Only could test today, that was the only thing missing. Thank you both.

I changed core clock from 1210 to 1150, memory clock 1750 to 1940, I didn't change the power limit. It seems very stable for about 8 hours. 27,7mh/s per card, 222mh/s for the rig.

RX470 4gb Saphire Mining Version Elpida memory.

Note: It seems that the difficulty really dropped today