ethos is gone :(

theclamtheclam Member Posts: 75
edited September 11 in Mining
http://ethosdistro.com/blog/

A message from the Founder

Posted on September 10th, 2017

After careful consideration, I have decided to leave the crypto communities. I have handed off the development of ethOS into extremely capable hands, and wish my team the best of luck achieving success in everything they do.

There is to be no planned interruption of services. All orders will continue to be fulfilled. No end-users will be materially affected by this change in leadership.

Sincerely,
kotarius

Don't know who is taking over, but I do know all my systems are down this morning and I am living in a cold and quite house for the first time in about 2 years... Systems are not booting with an ip and not mining, don't have time to fix them now, but wow, no notice! I hope kotarius is ok.

Comments

• BillhingeBillhinge Member Posts: 20
    was good why it lasted but lack of vega support made me move to windows
  • DeNoronhaDeNoronha Member Posts: 7
    This morning the ethosdistro.com was unreachable. Historical graphs have been updated till 5:40am 11th of September. After that time it hasn't been updated anymore.
  • Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    Cashed out and retired - wow. That's no way to treat customers that built out huge farms on Ethos. Glad I never made the switch now. I was close to doing so a few times when Windows 10 updates were being a real PITA.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 322 ✭✭
    This doesn't surprise me at all. With the ease of use / drivers being better for windows now why would you use EthOS? I have a couple rigs on it now, but will be switching over completely to Windows in the near future.
  • theclamtheclam Member Posts: 75
    Update - the platform is up and running, no issues. Support and the platform is being handed over. No details as to who yet. The timing was aligned with some Hurricane Irma impacts that made things look bad... It was just bad timing!

All is up and running with no issues right now...
  • sling00sling00 Member Posts: 11
    Lead developer here, ethOS is not going anywhere. I have been here since day 1 and will continue to carry the torch. It is a somber time for the team, but we are busy preparing for the release of 1.2.5.

Regarding Vega:

AMD does not have a suitable opencl lib for it. and ROCM does not work for mass miner machines. As soon as it can be cleanly implemented, it will.
    DeNoronha said:

This morning the ethosdistro.com was unreachable. Historical graphs have been updated till 5:40am 11th of September. After that time it hasn't been updated anymore.

Graphs have been back online since around 12pm Sept 11th.
    And last but not least, regarding rigs not booting. No rigs were effected by the downtime on the read only stats panel. Rigs use your local config and connect to your pool. so long as your pool is online and functional, so are your rigs. Feel free to do a review of the startup code to validate this.
    theclam said:

http://ethosdistro.com/blog/

Don't know who is taking over, but I do know all my systems are down this morning and I am living in a cold and quite house for the first time in about 2 years... Systems are not booting with an ip and not mining, don't have time to fix them now, but wow, no notice! I hope kotarius is ok.

• theclamtheclam Member Posts: 75
    Thanks Sling! Glad to hear you are carrying things forward, we are all in good hands!

I ended up with a corrupted local.conf - my guess is the configmaker site went down during the automatic "putconf"... BAD coincidence #3...

Keep ethos going - i love it!