cant get my 6gpus to work, tried everything?

SpeaaxSpeaax Member Posts: 4
edited September 11 in Mining
First of all, here is my setup https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/6a/4oqwetjigvxj.png.
I have 3 of these rigs. One of them are running perfectly, while the two others arent.

Now to my problem. Im having a hard time booting when all 6 gpus are connected. If i am able to boot, i usually only can see 4 gpus in device manager. Most of the time 1-2 of them have a yellow "!" next to it, with error Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Then screen flashes a few times and after a while the 4 listed gpus have no error.

So far i have flashed bios on all rigs. Updated widows, downloaded newest chipset drivers and gpu drivers. I have clean installed windows a few times, reset bios with CMOS pins a few times. I also have removed fast boot of in windows power options. In BIOS i have enabled 4G, Initiate Graphic Adapter to be IGD. Tried manually setting it to gen1, gen2 and gen3. Also tried all of my gpus and risers one by one (i did find a DOA riser). I know it should work, because as i said, one of my rigs are running prefectly.

I have no idea what to try anymore. i have had the componets for around 80 hours now, and i have invested around 60 hours looking on forums, trying out different and same things again and again with no luck.

I appreciate any help i can get.

Comments

• babababa Member Posts: 36
    Speaax said:

First of all, here is my setup https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/6a/4oqwetjigvxj.png.
    I have 3 of these rigs. One of them are running perfectly, while the two others arent.

Now to my problem. Im having a hard time booting when all 6 gpus are connected. If i am able to boot, i usually only can see 4 gpus in device manager. Most of the time 1-2 of them have a yellow "!" next to it, with error Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Then screen flashes a few times and after a while the 4 listed gpus have no error.

So far i have flashed bios on all rigs. Updated widows, downloaded newest chipset drivers and gpu drivers. I have clean installed windows a few times, reset bios with CMOS pins a few times. I also have removed fast boot of in windows power options. In BIOS i have enabled 4G, Initiate Graphic Adapter to be IGD. Tried manually setting it to gen1, gen2 and gen3. Also tried all of my gpus and risers one by one (i did find a DOA riser). I know it should work, because as i said, one of my rigs are running prefectly.

I have no idea what to try anymore. i have had the componets for around 80 hours now, and i have invested around 60 hours looking on forums, trying out different and same things again and again with no luck.

I appreciate any help i can get.

Dude try this
    https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

It worked for me in my amd rx 580 the "!" Sign the error 43 get fixed with this
  • SpeaaxSpeaax Member Posts: 4
    baba said:

Dude try this
    https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

It worked for me in my amd rx 580 the "!" Sign the error 43 get fixed with this

Thats for AMD tho, i run Nvidia - 1060s.

• EtherminerJayEtherminerJay Member Posts: 157
    I had issues with nvidia too.

Make sure windows is completely up to date, also download cuda 8 drivers. You visual studio 15 for this to install properly.

I always install a graphics driver first 386.74 I think it is. Once you have that installed run cuda 8 (there is also a patch for cuda)

When running cuda install allow it to install graphics drivers.

Note: download and run ddu to completely remove any previous drivers.

Good luck!

Let me know how you get on

Make sure windows is completely up to date, also download cuda 8 drivers. You visual studio 15 for this to install properly.

Never seen or any forum mentioninig this. So thank you for something new.

Currently downloading Visual studio 15. Cude 8 is done downloading. Is it just to run DDU, after reboot i run cuda 8 and then i run patch and reboot and it should work? or do i have to do anything else with the cuda 8 program?
    edited September 13
    Cuda 8 didn't work, unless i have to do anything else with it. Yes it installed drivers when i installed it.
    Speaax said:

Never seen or any forum mentioninig this. So thank you for something new.

Currently downloading Visual studio 15. Cude 8 is done downloading. Is it just to run DDU, after reboot i run cuda 8 and then i run patch and reboot and it should work? or do i have to do anything else with the cuda 8 program?

Hello,

Nope, once cuda (and patch) are installed that should be it.

Make sure your pcie is set to Gen 1 via the BIOS.

Have a look in 'Device Manager' to under 'System Devices' there are a number of things relating to PCI-E that I updated on my rig. Just right click and update drivers on them.

Side note: The error 43 (for me) was resolved by updating windows - Now I know you said you have done this, but it may be worth having a manual search for the updates rather than automatically through windows itself

Let me know how you get on anyway

Hello,

Quick update - I found issue when using the driver that came with Cuda 8 after awhile.

Firstly uninstall using DDU driver uninstaller

Install 384.76

Then install CUDA 8 (MAKE SURE YOU SELECT CUSTOM INSTALL) UN-TICK INSTALL GRAPHICS DRIVER

This will keep the 384,76 driver installed but also install CUDA 8 over the top of it

This has been the most stable for me

Hope this helps @Speaax or anyone else who comes across the same issue

Jay