ASRock Intel H110 Pro BTC+

lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
Hi guys,

I have just ordered a ASRock Intel H110 Pro BTC+ does anyone have any tips advice ?

Comments

• mmalex11mmalex11 Member Posts: 5
    use a M.2 SSD cause will have a lot of cables anyway :)
  • xyberxyber Member Posts: 40
    I have a rig using this Mobo.
    For tips, first you may check this one posted in youtube.

FYI, Windows can only accomodate 8 GPU max.
    If you are planning to put 13 GPUs on this mobo, Use linux (not sure) or ethOS (confirmed).
  • headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I have 6 rx480 on this motherboard, it's a simple install. Don't use a wifi adaptor as you will get more stale shares. Space the riser plugs on the board apart. The full length pcie slot is the one you will use for your monitor. I've struggled to get the onboard graphics and afterburner to work.
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    I have one running with 10 GPU under Ubuntu 16.04. Choose you risers carefully, they should be as thin as possible because pci slots are really close to each other and I have not managed to insert them all on the same side of the motherboard.
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Cheers guys for all the tips ;-)
  • jang430jang430 Member Posts: 93
    Hi. I ordered this board too. Do I really need to plug the 2- 4 Pin Molex for PCIe? I am using server PSU, with breakout boards. Supply is only 12V hence I have not 4-Pin Molex to plug onto the MB
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    @jang430 I also have a server PSU but it's not connected to the motherboard, it only feeds the gpus. I have a separated 450W PSU for the motherboard and yes, I had to plug the molex otherwise the whole setup did not want to boot.
    @Klintistwood , That will be a problem. Currently using a pico ATX psu cable such as below to power MB/ SSD. It's for 165W. I wonder what will happen if I happen to find a way to connect the PSU to 2 molex onboard? Don't know if it will draw power still from pico psu, or just run, and still draw power from powered risers.
    Hi guys, I have installed Samsung 960 Evo M.2 but MS Windows cannot see the drive to install on.

Helppp!
    You've probably checked this but have you partitioned and formatted the drive?
    I cannot even get that far as the drive does not show when you select where to install windows. I wonder if the Samsung Evo is compatible with the board !?
    Have you checked the boot order in the bios?
    yes - problem is that I cannot see the m2 - I am thinking the m2 slot is not working or the drive is not compatible. The drive does work in another Motherboard though.
    Is it a sata m.2? As that's what the board takes, so if yours is a pcie m.2 it won't work
  • nad010286nad010286 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2017
    Anyone has problem with onboard dvi output? I connect my screen via a vga cable and dvi to vga connector but there is no signal?
    NO problem with DVI output. Try reseting the bios. It may be set to use connected PCIe as primary display.
    @nad010286 I set mine to onboard and it works fine, there is also an option for multi monitor display which I have kept off. Just be aware that afterburner doesn't work if you have an onboard display, but sapphire trixx does.
    My bad...

Hello,

There are different types of M.2 SSDs:
    SATA based, using AHCI protocol
    PCIE based, using AHCI protocol
    PCIE based, using NVMe protocol

This motherboard supports SATA based M.2 SSDs, but not PCIe based M.2 SSDs.
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H110 Pro BTC+/index.asp#Specification

All available PCIe lanes have been used for PCIe slots on this motherboard.

Kind regards,
    ASRock Support
    So I have ordered Western Digital Green PC SSD 240GB Serial ATA III - WDS240G1G0B
    It's better using a sata m.2, although it won't be as quick it won't hog any of the pcie lanes crucial for gpus
    ok....My first H110 Pro BTC+ went up in smoke, well one of the M/B chips. Anyway I promptly ordered another one and I have loaded 6 GPU's However, I am concerned to load more as the USB riser will touch each other and I do not want to go looking for trouble.

Any advice so something to separate the USB risers ?
    Found - need a plastic thingy.
  • josh5901josh5901 Member Posts: 38
    I've had mine up and running on 8 1060 6gb cards for about 1 month i think now. Haven't had any mobo issues, just some issues with the additional 2 zotac 1060s and their f'ing Hynix memory..........what a HEADACHE. My first batch of cards, all identical mind you, ALL had samsung memory. Then i order 2 more, identical 1060s, and they have Hynix?!!?
    My 8 card rig is pulling 620 watts(at the wall), runs steady between 189 and 194 Mh/s. I'm VERY pleased with the mobo. Tape your usb pcie adapters, which is pretty obvious, but other than that you really don't need to change anything in BIOS, it's all ready to mine. I set my PCIE to "auto" as it seems to perform just fine Claymore Ether only mining. I may have to mess with that when i dual mine or switch off ether.
    josh5901 said:

I've had mine up and running on 8 1060 6gb cards for about 1 month i think now. Haven't had any mobo issues, just some issues with the additional 2 zotac 1060s and their f'ing Hynix memory..........what a HEADACHE. My first batch of cards, all identical mind you, ALL had samsung memory. Then i order 2 more, identical 1060s, and they have Hynix?!!?
    My 8 card rig is pulling 620 watts(at the wall), runs steady between 189 and 194 Mh/s. I'm VERY pleased with the mobo. Tape your usb pcie adapters, which is pretty obvious, but other than that you really don't need to change anything in BIOS, it's all ready to mine. I set my PCIE to "auto" as it seems to perform just fine Claymore Ether only mining. I may have to mess with that when i dual mine or switch off ether.

I got a better hash rate setting to gen1 for pcie in the bios. Play with the +- scrim settings in ethereum only mode and you may well be able to get a fair bit more out of your rig
    Regarding the USB risers shorting when you use two consecutive slots. Going to to file the two pins that hold the USB casing and apply some ESD tape.
  • josh5901josh5901 Member Posts: 38
    Thank you @headshot155 . I will do so and report back. I've got a weird issue with one of the new cards. It'll start running way hotter than the rest randomly. I can not pinpoint what is causing it. I fire up MSI afterburner? It drops back down to normal 54-55C temps and putting out 24.0 mh!? This is no rebooting, just starting afterburner. It's like it "sees" the gpu and somehow that interaction causes it to drop from hot 68C/19Mh/s back to normal 24mh/s and 54C. It's a Schroedinger's GPU! hahahaha........ I'll figure this out one way or another. If i could set a task to run every 6 hours. Run msiafterburner.exe(or whatever) and shutdown msiafterburner after 120 seconds, something to that effect, would fix my very odd issue.

All that said, I will change to gen1 before i do anything.
    Thanks bud
    josh5901 said:

Thank you @headshot155 . I will do so and report back. I've got a weird issue with one of the new cards. It'll start running way hotter than the rest randomly. I can not pinpoint what is causing it. I fire up MSI afterburner? It drops back down to normal 54-55C temps and putting out 24.0 mh!? This is no rebooting, just starting afterburner. It's like it "sees" the gpu and somehow that interaction causes it to drop from hot 68C/19Mh/s back to normal 24mh/s and 54C. It's a Schroedinger's GPU! hahahaha........ I'll figure this out one way or another. If i could set a task to run every 6 hours. Run msiafterburner.exe(or whatever) and shutdown msiafterburner after 120 seconds, something to that effect, would fix my very odd issue.

All that said, I will change to gen1 before i do anything.
    Thanks bud

I had a similar issue yesterday where one of my cards would crash out. I played with the pci-e settings and mining settings. The troubled card was a MSI 580 gaming X with Samsung memory. The other 5 cards were the same except Hynix memory. In the end I removed the card and deduced that it could not handle tighter straps. The ASIC quality was pretty good but I guess the card was destined not to be a miner. I suspect a better miner/driver would solve this problem but this is way beyond me.

The main point is that I would stress test a GPU before adding into a rig. The troubled card failed my new stress test. This card will now be sold as a gaming card on eBay. Interesting enough the card mines fine with factory straps and no over-clock.
    Now I have all 8 cards running I cannot control the voltage settings through claymore. What tool will work best in MS Windows 10 with AMD beta driver (23 August) ?
    After some playing around I managed to get the voltages,etc set in Claymore by setting all eight cards. ie
    -cclock 1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200