is it now too late to invest?

TechvttTechvtt Member Posts: 33
is it now too late to invest on Ethereum?

Comments

• moonlightmoonlight Member Posts: 33
    if you new might need to read up first before start investing on it .
  • seven7seven7 Member Posts: 21
    it is never too late
  • yaba951yaba951 Member Posts: 29
    it'll never be late to invest in Ethereum.
  • lointoitlointoit Member Posts: 51
    late? hmm.. i think it can only define it when you keep holding back. haha
  • cokekingcokeking Member Posts: 30
    i don't think it will be late after listening to some guys here. Just join at the comfortable price for yourself.
  • therocktherock Member Posts: 45
    its never too late
  • Conew1987Conew1987 Member Posts: 1
    If u ready for it its never late!
  • TechvttTechvtt Member Posts: 33
    yup think i should read up more and understand more...cheers
  • amkoamko Member Posts: 17
    What are your expectations guys?

1 Eth = 2000$? Higher? Lower? :-P
    amko said:

What are your expectations guys?

1 Eth = 2000$? Higher? Lower? :-P

higher
  • lllDMDllllllDMDlll OhioMember Posts: 33
    Given the fact that DApps are still basically nonexistent, I'd say you're safe to invest now. And I think $2000 is a low-ball for long term, but that's just my opinion.
  • FirstnameBeauFirstnameBeau Member Posts: 29
    edited August 31
    I run this through my head daily.... and just picked up another rx470 8GB today... Do I invest in a rig? Do I buy coin instead? Do I buy something else(gold/silver)?

One of the motivators for me, is if you can manage to find some old threads 2015/2016ish, you'll find people saying the same thing - don't join now, it's too late. You guys are wasting your money, blah blah blah - but if those guys didn't listen to the nay sayers and held on strong... they're having a ball right about now. So! Take what everyone is saying *with a grain of salt*.

Another thing... Cryptocurrency is the future! Do you think it's going anywhere? It's logistically advanced compared to fiat currency, or even precious metals. It's what a credit card wanted to be.... Be a pioneer! It makes sense on so many economic levels...

One other thing that really just dawned on me... While I was calculating about $300 a month profit from my rig, that was at current prices, a month ago... Had I held on to those coins and sold them now - it would've been kicking out about $500+ a month profit. Do you think Ethereum will go up in price? I do. So then if you held on to every coin you mined until next year when it's about 550 - 600 a coin, your ROI will be a drop in the bucket.

So, while it might say I'm pullin gabout $500 bucks a month right now, I'm hodling (google bitcoin hodling and read the thread from 2013. That's also motivating) all my ETH until about this time next year, hopefully to sell them for twice as much, making my $500 a month profit actually $1000 a month.

EDIT: ANOTHER THING!! When proof of stake hits, it will likely drive up the price of ETH as it'll be harder to obtain...
    EDIT: ANOTHER THING!! When proof of stake hits, it will likely drive up the price of ETH as it'll be harder to obtain...

i agree on this point.
  • erstwealerstweal MidwestMember Posts: 119 ✭✭
    If I had bought ETH instead of equipment, I would have been significantly better off. If I had bought more Bitcoin and ETH every time I thought I missed the right opportunity, I would have made a lot of money. If I had HODLed instead of selling off my Bitcoin at $300, $400, $600, $800 and $900 I would be much happier than I am right now since I just bought some yesterday.