Zotac GTX 1070 Mini - Worth building a Rig with?

pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 40
Hi all,

Im getting a good deal on the ZT-P10700G-10M.

Anyone using the card or has built the rig with it?
I'm also getting the option of AMP , but I'm confused if it would really make a difference and if its worth spending the extra dough.

Any input would be of great help, thanks!

Comments

• josh5901josh5901 Member Posts: 36
    I have the zotac 1060 mini. Has 6gb ram and it has SAMSUNG MEMORY! Just fyi.
    They're nice little cards. Keep mine under 63C, pulling 515 watts and producing a solid 135 Mhs. The 1070 with same OC i use? Probably pull a lil more current but i imagine it'd do a conservative 155 to 170? The Zotacs are nice cards. for sure. Good luck my friend, keep it cool and it'll last for a long long time. And KEEP THE DUST OFF IT! Once per week clean ur rig
  • pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 40
    Im getting a deal for the AMP's

$25 more and I can get em instead, so for the long run, Im thinking of upgrading to them instead of the mini's!
  • pau1pau1 Member Posts: 24
    I think the AMP editions use more power!?
  • tuxertuxer Member Posts: 2
    edited August 14
    pommie09 said:

Hi all,

Im getting a good deal on the ZT-P10700G-10M.

I have a rig with 6 of those.
    Was getting 26+Mh/s at stock settings on Ubuntu.
    With core: 150+ and memory: 1400+ I'm getting a stable 30-31+Mh/s with power cap at 100W for a total of 184-187Mh/s.
    Probably, I could squeeze another 1-2Mh/s per card at the 150W stock TDP but I prefer it cooler and extremely quiet. At these current settings I can keep the fans at 50% (which is barely audible even when standing next to it) and get temperatures between 45-58 degrees Celsius on each card.
  • pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 40
    @tuxer

That sounds great, thank you so much.

I was being told the cards are more vulnerable to damage due to build and more susceptible to heating up. But I do not have power issues and neither do I have to have them be quiet, have round the clock cooling in the server room too.

So considering if they can overclock and come up to 31 Mh/s this seems like a pretty decent card then!