580 Claymore 9.8 continuos problems

playazplayaz Posts: 3Member
edited August 12 in Mining
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for some help regarding some problems I have encountered regarding Claymore OC.

I have a rig with 5 cards, 4x Powercolor RX 580 8 GB Red Devil and 1x Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro+(1411MHz core). Both Hynix. I modded bios and using Claymore v9.8 dual mining ETH and SC. I was playing around with OC to see my max and consumption which was 29-30MHz 140W in GPUZ and then came down to 28MHs with 110W in GPUZ.

These OC settings worked fine for 24 hours with no crashes: -dcri 21 -tstop 85 -tt 70 -fanmin 55 -fanmax 100 -cclock 1200 -mclock 2150 -cvddc 900 -mvddc 850. However I have then decided to try to lower core voltage in steps of 10mV which got me down to 880mV on core in hopes of saving some more power and finding lowest possible VDDC to run on. Unfortuantelly Claymore hangs and crashes.

Upon restarting the rig, i noticed my hashraate drops down to 20 per card and checked in GPUZ whats going on.
Cards do not want to accept settings from Claymore OC anymore, so I am now forced to use wattman to get them running at desired settings.

Claymore also stopped reporting temperatures and fanspeeds for all except 1 card. This card is also acting out and droping to 18MHS all the time causing my hash to fluctuate between 130 and 140MHs.

How do i get claymore to run normally again so i dont need to use Wattman? This continues to happens every time, and I always then have to reflash the cards, reinstall drivers and OC.

Comments